It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Studying While Sleeping?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I really don't understand how your posts relate to my OP in any way.

Please stay on topic.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I don't know about listening to recorded devices while sleeping for one's improvement in learning as I have never tried it.

However, I will tell you that probably 1/3 of the creation of my master's thesis came during sleeping hours.

I would get idea/writer's block during the daytime and so I kept an ipad next to my bed at night.

Sure enough, I would dream or have alternative sleep?, and I would wake up at 2 or 3 a.m. to jot down all of my ideas; luckily most of them would make sense the next day so that I was able to formulate all of my ideas in a coherent fashion.

It was good for me to have a day job being a professor's research assistant; however, I could see the process being very problematic if I had a 9-5 type job at that time.

Great topic post, and interesting to ponder for my child's future.

S/F, SolarE-Souljah,

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by absolutely

I really don't understand how your posts relate to my OP in any way.

Please stay on topic.

hypocrit, ur op is a question if knowledge is best while sleeping, how concluding clearly then that stories about all is nothing to what exist nor to what is present while present existence is the all forever truth, become out of UR OP in all WAYS
anyways i prooved tht u cant pretend having an op when u mean it only as a possession space for ur lies

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

It worked for me. When I was doing my GCSE French exam 20 years ago I couldn't remember any of it so I recorded myself reading the french and played it to myself while I slept. I passed my exam and still remember most of my French today.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Doing it only the night before is useless. It has to be started at least a week before. It's not a way of cheating studying, but an alternative method for people like me whose mind seems to not absorb boring things when read.

My brain sticks its fingers in its ears and goes lalalalala when I have to learn something I hate

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

Yep, he probably should have tried sooner.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join