It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutated cherries, courtesy of Japan??? UPDATED

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What does them being in 1 bag have to do with anything.

It's not as if they mix and match cherry fruits from different trees in different locations. They're probably ripped from one plant, it sounds completely reasonable for there to be some bags out there with 50% mutations.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

I have come to the firm conclusion that if there is anything to be worried about, everyone will instantly be crawling all over it, regardless of rationale or.

Fukushima is not hurting us. You want to worry about radiation damage? Check your microwave.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Cherries look good to me I bet you just got lucky and picked a bag of everyone don't want's. So cherry up and let it go. Too many people worry about radiation and have nothing to worry about. You should be very happy not to live in Japan them poor people do on the other hand have a lot to worry about. If people put their money where their worry was it would be a much better Japan.Peace out

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
These cherries are very common. Malformed cherries are usually pulled and separated from the picture perfect ones. They are called either "doubles", which are the ones that look like two cherries in one or "spurs" which look like a second cherry shriveled up and died on the side.

Were the cherries on sale? Like I said, these cherries are usually pulled from the rest and they are still sold but at a discount and only to food sellers who don't require the cherries to be picture perfect. It makes sense that you found so many in one bag that way. My guess is that the place you buy these cherries at has simply lowered their fruit appearance standards, you have bought these cherries from a new spot or a rouge bag of doubles got mixed in with the shipment and you got "lucky".

Now as far as radiation? Who knows, I sure don't but I can tell you that the cherries appearance happens in nature, is very common and that they are routinely separated from good looking cherries so it makes sense that so many would be found in one bag and that many people are not use to seeing them.

I have been wondering about radiation as well, as I am a cherry addict and always have been. They may or may not be exposed to radiation but their appearance is not a by-product of radiation exposure, it is all to natural. I would go ahead and eat them, I like the doubles personally.
edit on 4-6-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I took the photo of the "Chernobyl Cherries" on Flickr that someone referred to earlier in this thread. To clarify, they weren't really from Chernobyl. I just called them that because they looked mutated. Doesn't mean they were mutated by radiation or anything. I don't remember where they were from but they could have been from Okanagan, BC, Canada (I live in Vancouver), or could have been imported from California (where we get a lot of our fruit imports from).

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Exactly. I would have come to the same conclusion. In truth, I'm seriously glad you did mentiont this. I mean, I dont believe I would have put 2 and 2 together. Even though those cherries might have come from south america, it doesnt matter. Japan does Have and Sell cherries too. This means, I'm a little more awake to the possibility that I could be eating something contaminated in Japan, or right here on our very own west coast, due to the winds carrying the fallout, well... pretty much everywhere.

I mean sure, these rads could be minor here.. But it certainly isnt there.. Not to mention, Rads just dont go away in a short time... They stack for hundreds and thousands of years. It just doesnt simply "fade away". Ya cant just dilute this stuff at will. When it's there, the earth deals with it one way or the other, but it doesnt get rid of it. It makes it very much a part of us... Our food, our air, and so forth.

Once again, thanks for the post. I was never knocking you. I was knocking the ones tossing it off as "whatever dude".

All this "whatever" stuff is going to get us all killed!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube

ok just curious...in your op...you said the bag...now your saying half the tree....so i am confused.....but there could be reason for it could there....OTHER than putting in the presumed fear of radiation.

a heavy rainy season will cause similar result also a frost could do the same....why would it be necessary to say radiation...or mutated courtesy of japan.....I am not trying to be harsh...but spreading fear is what keeps us all enslaved....so if your on a conspiracy site.....why would one want to promote the fear.

Dont pick and choose posts to read and you may understand better. He was responding to another post.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

YO! I noticed the same mutations in a bag of cherries that I was feeding to some ground squirrels yesterday!!

I live in Tucson, Arizona and the cherries came from Trader Joes.

They had the exact same mutations as the mutations featured in the second and third pics that you have up.

I have also been noticing some major strawberry mutations...like extra growths, and abnormal sizing.

#.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Down south, New Zealand has a decent cherry industry and seconds bags will look similar, a lot more unusually shaped than 'grade a' cherries.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner
I love cherries.

Every summer I eat several pounds of them.

Today I bought a small bag and I was shocked with what I found within that bag of

cherries.

Out of 44 cherries I found these

1/3 of the cherries in that one bag are mutated.

This is NOT natural, I don't need a Geiger Counter to tell me the sky is blue.

Fukushima has come to America.

This makes me sick!

EDIT and ADDITION

Upon closer inspection

I have found 14 more cherries in that bag that have a smaller mutation -

That would mean over 66% of the cherries have mutations!!!

Up close of the smaller mutation

edit on 3-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

An American blogger posted a picture of cherries they bought in the US in 2010, they had the same shape: comradechufood.blogspot.ca...

Count to 100 and take a deep breath, hopefully that will drop your pulse from your knee-jerk silliness.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

How do you know it is a genetic mutuation? Why can't it just be some natural effect on the cherries? Square watermelon you know?
You are way rushing to judgement here.

Just because you haven't seen something before doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It makes you look goofy to say the cherries are mutated by radiation because apparently in your infinite knowledge you know every single form cherries can take. You didn't think for a second that a farm that GROWS CHERRIES might notice mutation they had never seen before and stop it from going to market for whatever reason (either to protect people or to protect the rest of their crop)?

Sky is falling!

As is posted above, what really happened here is that you bought a cheap bag of cherries. That's not a bad thing.. be fiscally responisible, but don't be afraid to eat it afterward.
edit on 12-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I grew up on a cherry orchard, and these cherries are sometimes quite frequent. Sometimes we'd get tree's where almost the majority of cherries were doubles, and this was more than ten years ago. Usually you take them to a processing plant to have them sorted and sold, but they usually remove these sorts of abnormal cherries (and charge you for every one they have to cull out of the batch). This was probably from a tree that tended to produce these abnormal cherries and the processing plant was lax in their culling. Cherry trees sometimes do some weird stuff. We had ONE tree in our 120 acre orchard that was of a Bing variety, and it made normal cherries for a couple years, then it started producing MASSIVE cherries the size of plums every year. We hoped to sell cuttings of it to cherry tree distributors and make millions off that tree, but unfortunately it died.

Interesting japan-related fact: Sometimes in japan they'd sell these double cherries individually in little boxes for 1-5 dollars a pop because they resemble hearts, and boys would give them to girls as romantic presents.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Hello Beanskinner"

I live in Brentwood Ca thats (Northern Ca) we have vast ammounts of Cherry orchards here, I too bought some delicious Cherries a couple of weeks ago and, AT LEAST 1/2 of them were mutated as like yours?..

The first thing that came to mind was radiation?

This isint normal I have lived here for years and never seen this ?
Scary stuff to say the least! Well the damage is already done, lets all hopoe and pray for reactor 4 GBU.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join