It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutated cherries, courtesy of Japan??? UPDATED

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Op

Thanks for the info. Wether or not they are mutated or radiated isnt the big picture here so much as that they could very well be.

Here is my take. Also, thanks for this and now you'll see why.

I am a cherry addict. I eat these things by the bags every time I see them put out fresh at wally world.

I have never, ever, saw so many diformities in one bag. To tell you the truth, sure, I've seen the double cherries.. Like say... Um... once a year! I eat these alot and I dont see anything close to this kind of mutation in my bags. Maybe we get better quality here than everyone else? Doubt it.

I charge anyone to go out and buy a bag and do the same. The worst Ive ever seen in a bag of cherries are now and then dried up cherries, which are few, and once in a great while, I'll see a lil mold from where the charries had been sitting in dampness for a while. BUT, NEVER, EVER seen what you're showing pictures of.

I am not saying it's not real, as I do believe there is a lil obviousness in these pics.... Im simply saying that I HAVE NOT seen anything like this and I have no idea how others are saying they have. This isnt a normal thing where I'm from.

To the person that said more or less "Just eat and be thankful you have food". I would carry your ignorant ass to japan so fast, chain you to a tree and plant a garding next to where these people are forced to live and tell you... Eat up!

Thanks again OP!

Thanks for at least considering it!

I am not trying to fear monger, but I have seen nothing like this in all my days.

I love those things, the first three I pulled out of the bag to munch looked screwed up,

then I realized it was a bunch of them. I almost didn't post it, but after a short nap

I went out to the kitchen and saw those screwed up things sitting there and it

struck me...

These cherries have been watered and grown in soil that is permeated with the elements from

the Pacific Ocean, it seems fairly obvious that magic or coincidence is not to blame.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner

Originally posted by angrysniper

Originally posted by Beanskinner
I love cherries.

Every summer I eat several pounds of them.

Today I bought a small bag and I was shocked with what I found within that bag of

cherries.

Out of 44 cherries I found these

1/3 of the cherries in that one bag are mutated.

This is NOT natural, I don't need a Geiger Counter to tell me the sky is blue.

Fukushima has come to America.

This makes me sick!
edit on 3-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

Is that really such a bad mutation? Eat 'em. At least you still have food!

I am hoping that doesn't happen to my cells, your cells and all of our cells - I think that's

my point.

I am hoping the same, but I have confidence that our bodies would adapt to it or we would find a way to heal the damage through our food or a greater understanding of our organism.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Looks like rain splits to me before ya chuck em out......

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Looks like rain splits to me before ya chuck em out......

What are those???

I haven't chucked them BTW

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I grew up with 4 cherry trees in the back yard (in the 70's). I have seen a lot of both those pictures. It is caused by a cold snap while the flowers are still on the tree. Simply put it is double pollinated. The follower will get pollinated just before the cold snap and kind stop then the next time it warms up another bit of pollen will get through before the first bit is finished pollinating. The single ovum will split and you will get a double seed with one stem. In the second picture one of the halves have died and shriveled while the other seed matures. I have seen this many times and they are not bad. It is caused by weather not radiation or even a mutating virus. It is just something that happens with cherries.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by remembering
I grew up with 4 cherry trees in the back yard (in the 70's). I have seen a lot of both those pictures. It is caused by a cold snap while the flowers are still on the tree. Simply put it is double pollinated. The follower will get pollinated just before the cold snap and kind stop then the next time it warms up another bit of pollen will get through before the first bit is finished pollinating. The single ovum will split and you will get a double seed with one stem. In the second picture one of the halves have died and shriveled while the other seed matures. I have seen this many times and they are not bad. It is caused by weather not radiation or even a mutating virus. It is just something that happens with cherries.

thanks,

So such a large quantity is not uncommon provided the weather is "right"???

I have seen these things, but never so many, nearly the whole bag!

Starred
edit on 4-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
These are the most disgusting cherries I have ever seen.

I wouldn't eat a single one of these.

I had taken them back to the store and got a refund.

ETA: To the poster with the 4 cherry trees who said this is perfectly normal: Guess what we had cherry tres as well and let me tell you this, it's not normal. If I had a tree with 66% of the cherries mutated like shown in the picture, especially the siamese-twin-type, I had been very worried. There's always been a small percentage with mutations but I would say around the 1-2% max.
edit on 4-6-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It still sounds to me that you're jumping to conclusions, I've seen this myself.. not that many, but I also buy smaller bags it would seem and not as often.. It would be more unusual in my opinion that you HAVEN'T seen his before in your ten years of Cherry eating experience.. seems I always get at least one of those suckers every time.. and I'm on the east.

I'm not saying you're wrong.. I'm just not convinced that conclusion is the proper one.
edit on 6/4/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
These are the most disgusting cherries I have ever seen.

I wouldn't eat a single one of these.

I had taken them back to the store and got a refund.

ETA: To the poster with the 4 cherry trees who said this is perfectly normal: Guess what we had cherry tres as well and let me tell you this, it's not normal. If I had a tree with 66% of the cherries mutated like shown in the picture, especially the siamese-twin-type, I had been very worried. There's always been a small percentage with mutations but I would say around the 1-2% max.
edit on 4-6-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

I would imagine that trees, like people.. can be prone to issues .. just because you have a perfectly normal cherry producing tree doesn't mean everyone will .. My Grandfather had an orange orchard and always had one particular tree that produced unusual shaped oranges.. his solution was simply to re-plant a new one.. it was the only one in his orchard that had that issue.. He died in the 90s, long before the Japan disaster .. I still think it's a huge leap with very little supporting evidence.. that's all

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They look like nature is mooning us.

On a serious note....heat is the culprit here. The damage was likely done last summer.
linky
edit on 4-6-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
what a complete load of rubbish....i have grown up in orchard country....do you know how many cherries come off the tree looking just like that.....this is getting so sad...Stop with the fear....man alive.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yeah these things happen all the time and it can happen for various reasons. Cherries will split from too much watering, irregular watering, after periods of drought etc etc. Adding too much of something (Fertilizers n such) or too little of something can cause mutations in fruit/veggies. Sometimes Farmers just have a sh1tty year with Crop Failures... Thats life

Tomatoes are another plant that are sensitive to a number of things and will throw out gross, mutated, split Tomatoes that make some people say "OMG it MUST be Fukushima Radiation that did this!"

I bought some cherries last week here in Oregon and they looked/tasted Fantastic... Sometimes though, I get produce that sucks...Not anything new

edit on 4-6-2012 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It still sounds to me that you're jumping to conclusions, I've seen this myself.. not that many, but I also buy smaller bags it would seem and not as often.. It would be more unusual in my opinion that you HAVEN'T seen his before in your ten years of Cherry eating experience.. seems I always get at least one of those suckers every time.. and I'm on the east.

I'm not saying you're wrong.. I'm just not convinced that conclusion is the proper one.

Really?

It is not ONE of those suckers, or TEN of those suckers, OR TWENTY

It is TWENTY NINE

Come on, I am not a nefarious character because I recognize something is

off...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
what a complete load of rubbish....i have grown up in orchard country....do you know how many cherries come off the tree looking just like that.....this is getting so sad...Stop with the fear....man alive.

Over half of the Cherries on the tree look like that?

I am not questioning that there are double cherries...

I am questioning the ratio

That deformities are the NORM does not seem right.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
They look like nature is mooning us.

On a serious note....heat is the culprit here. The damage was likely done last summer.
linky
edit on 4-6-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

Thank you for this link, it is the most convincing -

I hope so

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Before leaving for Iwaki, Fukushima, Japan, I had the intention to make a thread detailing what I would learn concerning the damaged reactors. After arriving, and being in Iwaki for almost a month, I had decided that I don't have a lot of extra time to waste on the one track minds. Mostly because, my latest import/export venture has been met with more demand than my highest expectations foresaw.

Iwaki, Fukushima is still a thriving agricultural region of Japan. Although 40-50 km from the Fukushima Daiichi reactor, I do not see any evidence of harmful radiation. My uncle in law has approval from the Japanese government to continue with his agricultural endeavors. I have been assisting him with his daily farming activities, whenever I have time.

I am busy now trying to acquire more merchandise for importation to Japan. I will upload some agricultural photos later, showing healthy crops. With the exception of the rice fields, many of the crops are contained within greenhouses, but I do not think that matters to radiation.

When I say it is relatively safe from the radiation, you should believe I have no reason to lie about it. I would much rather scare all the other white people away from Japan, and have it all to myself.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

ok just curious...in your op...you said the bag...now your saying half the tree....so i am confused.....but there could be reason for it could there....OTHER than putting in the presumed fear of radiation.

a heavy rainy season will cause similar result also a frost could do the same....why would it be necessary to say radiation...or mutated courtesy of japan.....I am not trying to be harsh...but spreading fear is what keeps us all enslaved....so if your on a conspiracy site.....why would one want to promote the fear.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

cheers for the heads up tamusan it is good to see some level headed post...all the fear is a waste of time as it detracts from the management of the situation.....best of luck on your business venture....but if you become filthy rich....never forget your roots...stay grounded ....and give back to mankind to make it better for the next generation....because this generation has left a mess for the next.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by Beanskinner

ok just curious...in your op...you said the bag...now your saying half the tree....so i am confused.....but there could be reason for it could there....OTHER than putting in the presumed fear of radiation.

a heavy rainy season will cause similar result also a frost could do the same....why would it be necessary to say radiation...or mutated courtesy of japan.....I am not trying to be harsh...but spreading fear is what keeps us all enslaved....so if your on a conspiracy site.....why would one want to promote the fear.

Yes, the bag represents a sample of the trees that produced the fruit.

Just like a poll can predict an election, it is the same mathematical principle, the sampling.

Yes there could be other reasons... I suppose I jumped the gun, but I can say I have never

seen so much deformity in one place.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
These are love berries ... formed as a heart, or a pair of balls if you like.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join