It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutated cherries, courtesy of Japan??? UPDATED

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I love cherries.

Every summer I eat several pounds of them.

Today I bought a small bag and I was shocked with what I found within that bag of

cherries.

Out of 44 cherries I found these

1/3 of the cherries in that one bag are mutated.

This is NOT natural, I don't need a Geiger Counter to tell me the sky is blue.

Fukushima has come to America.

This makes me sick!

EDIT and ADDITION

Upon closer inspection

I have found 14 more cherries in that bag that have a smaller mutation -

That would mean over 66% of the cherries have mutations!!!

Up close of the smaller mutation

edit on 3-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner
I love cherries.

This makes me sick!

Cherries are only grown in Japan?
This is a bit over the top at this point unless you have SOME sort of proof of ANYTHING other than cherries gone wild.

Monsanto cherries maybe?

what was the brand? Where were they bought?

If you google radiation effects on plants, you'll notice those don't look like radiated cherries.

b
edit on 3-6-2012 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I love cherries.

Today I bought a small bag and I was shocked with what I found within that bag of

cherries.

This makes me sick!

Is that really such a bad mutation? Eat 'em. At least you still have food!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have a Cherry tree that is about 8 years old and that it pretty common. Although one 3rd seems a little much but it may just be the bag you got had more of those in it. My Cherry tree is loaded this year but not yet ripe. Where did those come from. Must be somewhere South America or CA maybe?

link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

ive gotten cherries like this in multitudes for many years... are you gonna tell me that my dad cracking 2 eggs in a row that had 2 yolks are from fukushima to?

link   

THe health food store I work at has some delicious Organic red cherries from California. they are kinda pricey, $13.99/lbs!!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

I love cherries.

This makes me sick!

Cherries are only grown in Japan?
This is a bit over the top at this point unless you have SOME sort of proof of ANYTHING other than cherries gone wild.

Monsanto cherries maybe?

what was the brand? Where were they bought?

If you google radiation effects on plants, you'll notice those don't look like radiated cherries.

b
edit on 3-6-2012 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

They were grown in California

And I didn't find a logo on the cherries, sorry...

I have been eating these things every year for ten years, I have never seen anything like this.

You are free to believe what you'd like.

But I know there is no door or wall separating Japan from the US, Japanese weather becomes

US weather.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh

ive gotten cherries like this in multitudes for many years... are you gonna tell me that my dad cracking 2 eggs in a row that had 2 yolks are from fukushima to?

Did your dad find 4 eggs in a dozen? because those are the odds we are talking.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
I have a Cherry tree that is about 8 years old and that it pretty common. Although one 3rd seems a little much but it may just be the bag you got had more of those in it. My Cherry tree is loaded this year but not yet ripe. Where did those come from. Must be somewhere South America or CA maybe?

I believe California...

The truth is there are more with smaller mutations that are hard to detect in a photo.

I'm gonna go and photo those too right now. Let's see the real ratio

thanks!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper

I love cherries.

cherries.

This makes me sick!

Is that really such a bad mutation? Eat 'em. At least you still have food!

I am hoping that doesn't happen to my cells, your cells and all of our cells - I think that's

my point.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I updated the OP - This is not right, I found 14 more with mutations -

That is unusually high! Over 50% of a sample with genetic mutation!

29 out of 44 -

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
montana grows a good deal of cherries could have come from here and from what little i know of cherries (from eating them) id seen and eaten many cherries like that

www.goodfruit.com...

Double cherries will be graded differently in Washington this season. In the past, Washington fruit inspectors used to require that each portion of the double cherry match the minimum size of the rest of the cherries in the carton. At the request of the Washington Cherry Marketing Committee, the Washington State Department of Agriculture obtained a written interpretation of how double cherries should be graded. As a result, starting this season, inspectors will consider the entire double cherry when scoring the size. Jim Quigley, manager of the WSDA’s fruit and vegetable inspection division, said double cherries must have both sides well formed and be within 2/64ths of an inch of each other in size, but they will be considered as one cherry.

seems to be pretty standard for cherries not seeing the link to radiation......
en.wikipedia.org...

anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu... pdf but it should solve the double cherry mysteries

dont know how to copy from a pdf but it says they are normal and grow that way during warmer then usual summers hope this makes you feel better about your cherries

edit on 3-6-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
montana grows a good deal of cherries could have come from here and from what little i know of cherries (from eating them) id seen and eaten many cherries like that

www.goodfruit.com...

Double cherries will be graded differently in Washington this season. In the past, Washington fruit inspectors used to require that each portion of the double cherry match the minimum size of the rest of the cherries in the carton. At the request of the Washington Cherry Marketing Committee, the Washington State Department of Agriculture obtained a written interpretation of how double cherries should be graded. As a result, starting this season, inspectors will consider the entire double cherry when scoring the size. Jim Quigley, manager of the WSDA’s fruit and vegetable inspection division, said double cherries must have both sides well formed and be within 2/64ths of an inch of each other in size, but they will be considered as one cherry.

seems to be pretty standard for cherries not seeing the link to radiation......
en.wikipedia.org...

anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu... pdf but it should solve the double cherry mysteries

dont know how to copy from a pdf but it says they are normal and grow that way during warmer then usual summers hope this makes you feel better about your cherries

edit on 3-6-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

I have updated, over 66% of these things have mutations.

It seems to me that is EXTREMELY high - you don't think that is an awful lot of fruit to have

abnormalities?

The reason I suspect Japan is because Radiation effects cell production and encourages

mutation.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

seems kinda odd that they would be suffering from radiation when they apparently help fight radiation and its advises against eating them if you are doing chemo....
www.naturalnews.com...

www.breastcancerwarrior.net...:foods-to-avoid-during-chemo&catid=38:food-a-cancer&Itemid=76

onlinelibrary.wiley.com... and a study on the effects of radiation on cherries if your really worried you can find out how much to worry from professionals

The effect of gamma radiation upon the quality of sweet cherries was studied. Softening was detected which progressed rapidly above a threshold dose of approximately 50 kilorads and was related to the degradation of pectic constituents of the fruit. Although respiratory O2 consumption and CO2 evolution were stimulated during irradiation, the response subsided slowly after irradiation ceased. Color bleaching occurred only at the high doses. Despite a marked initial reduction in microbial contamination, extended storage periods showed increased microbial spoilage. A reduction in the development of brown-rot during high-temperature short-time storage resulted from kilorad doses of radiation. There was a slightly increased rate of sulfur dioxide bleaching and increased yield of brined cherries, but this was accompanied by loss of texture of the finished product.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
connection.ebscohost.com...

www.flickr.com... and those were grown in Chernobyl so unless they look like that exactly i wouldnt worry
chowhound.chow.com...

jhered.oxfordjournals.org... and this one hurts my brain as i am no scientist but it should explain things a bit more

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

seems kinda odd that they would be suffering from radiation when they apparently help fight radiation and its advises against eating them if you are doing chemo....
www.naturalnews.com...

www.breastcancerwarrior.net...:foods-to-avoid-during-chemo&catid=38:food-a-cancer&Itemid=76

onlinelibrary.wiley.com... and a study on the effects of radiation on cherries if your really worried you can find out how much to worry from professionals

The effect of gamma radiation upon the quality of sweet cherries was studied. Softening was detected which progressed rapidly above a threshold dose of approximately 50 kilorads and was related to the degradation of pectic constituents of the fruit. Although respiratory O2 consumption and CO2 evolution were stimulated during irradiation, the response subsided slowly after irradiation ceased. Color bleaching occurred only at the high doses. Despite a marked initial reduction in microbial contamination, extended storage periods showed increased microbial spoilage. A reduction in the development of brown-rot during high-temperature short-time storage resulted from kilorad doses of radiation. There was a slightly increased rate of sulfur dioxide bleaching and increased yield of brined cherries, but this was accompanied by loss of texture of the finished product.

I read your links and the Breast cancer one say's to stay away from Cherries due to microbial

concerns

Foods such as Lettuce, tomatoes, celery, apples, peaches, grapes, cherries…..in short, any raw, unpeeled, uncooked food can make a chemo patient very, VERY sick, very suddenly, and very seriously!

The other link was a study on berries given to irradiated rats - However, cherries are not berries,

They are closer to Apricots and things with pits.

I may be full of crap, all I know is I would occasionally find 1 in a bag -

not 29, however

Out of 44 -

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

connection.ebscohost.com...

www.flickr.com... and those were grown in Chernobyl so unless they look like that exactly i wouldnt worry

Crap... They certainly look like they could be from the same damn bush.... The other mutated ones

I updated just look younger and crusty -

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Op

Thanks for the info. Wether or not they are mutated or radiated isnt the big picture here so much as that they could very well be.

Here is my take. Also, thanks for this and now you'll see why.

I am a cherry addict. I eat these things by the bags every time I see them put out fresh at wally world.

I have never, ever, saw so many diformities in one bag. To tell you the truth, sure, I've seen the double cherries.. Like say... Um... once a year! I eat these alot and I dont see anything close to this kind of mutation in my bags. Maybe we get better quality here than everyone else? Doubt it.

I charge anyone to go out and buy a bag and do the same. The worst Ive ever seen in a bag of cherries are now and then dried up cherries, which are few, and once in a great while, I'll see a lil mold from where the charries had been sitting in dampness for a while. BUT, NEVER, EVER seen what you're showing pictures of.

I am not saying it's not real, as I do believe there is a lil obviousness in these pics.... Im simply saying that I HAVE NOT seen anything like this and I have no idea how others are saying they have. This isnt a normal thing where I'm from.

To the person that said more or less "Just eat and be thankful you have food". I would carry your ignorant ass to japan so fast, chain you to a tree and plant a garding next to where these people are forced to live and tell you... Eat up!

Thanks again OP!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

ah thank you for correcting my mistake google failed me on that one i found a source that may have been more in your line of thinking but as it was full of profanity and nude side banenr adds couldnt post it but in that link the radioactive ones had what looked like "penis like growths" on them so unless they look like male anatomy i wouldnt worry to much but good looking out either way.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

ah thank you for correcting my mistake google failed me on that one i found a source that may have been more in your line of thinking but as it was full of profanity and nude side banenr adds couldnt post it but in that link the radioactive ones had what looked like "penis like growths" on them so unless they look like male anatomy i wouldnt worry to much but good looking out either way.

The second batch looks like that have rotten little black penises, that died growing out

of them. I'm gonna go back and see if I can find more at that store -

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join