It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayers needed for Darkhorse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
From an email I received tonight, this touched me so deeply and I can only hope that it will touch you as well and that if for even just one moment you take time to reflect on its deepest meaning. It is a simple message sent by a loving people who seem to feel defeated and alone right now.

Please if you can send some light, some prayer or just positive energy their way.

Thank you.

Here is the message:

We are asking everyone to say a prayer for "Darkhorse" 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines and their families. They are fighting it out in Afghanistan and they have lost 9 Marine’s in 4 days.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE the message spread if more could pass it on.

Nothing in the media about these guys because no one seems to care:

Justin Allen, 23, Brett Linley, 29, Matthew Weikert, 29, Justus Bartett, 27, Dave Santos, 21, Chase Stanley, 21 Jesse Reed, 26, Matthew Johnson, 21, Zachary Fisher, 24, Brandon King, 23, Christopher Goeke, 23, Sheldon Tate, 27. All are Marines that gave their lives for YOU this week.

Please Honor THEM by forwarding this.

" No One Could Make A Greater Mistake Than He Who Did Nothing, Because He Could Do Only A Little" (Edmund Burke) (1727-1797)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Praying for their families and thanking them for their ultimate sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
it has been proven time and again,
ATS

has a better IA network,, than ALL of those other ALPHA BET corporations.

We will see what we can do

might take an hour or so

have faith.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
from the E.U

England

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

www.truthorfiction.com... updated 12/9/10

that particular email started round the internet in december 2010... in other words, the email is OLD
edit on 3-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
3rd Battalion 5th Marines (3/5) is an infantry battalion in the United States Marine Corps. The battalion, nicknamed "Dark Horse", is based out of Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California and consists of approximately 1,000 Marines and Sailors. They fall under the command of the 5th Marine Regiment and the 1st Marine Division.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, along with the 5th Marine Regiment, was first organized on June 8, 1917 as the United States prepared for World War I.[1] The battalion was composed of four companies; the 16th, 20th, 45th and 47th.[2] Six days later, manned by Spanish-American War and Boxer Rebellion veterans along with a large number of raw recruits, they set sail for France. They participated in campaigns and battles such as Bois de Belleau, Vierzy, Château-Thierry, Pont-a-Mousson, Limey Sector, Fleury, Muese Argonne, Blanc Mont, St Michiel, Leffincourt and Soissons. The French Government recognized the young battalion by presenting it the Croix de guerre along with the Fourragère and changing the name of a French landmark, Belleau Wood, to "Bois de la Brigade de Marine" or "Wood of the Marine Brigade".

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...:Second_Battle_of_Fallujah,_mosque_firefight_and_house_searches.ogv

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for providing power projection from the sea,

any sea near there???

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
transportation, and logistic

anyone?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
any of these around,,

Osprey looks good.

The light-attack and light transport capabilities are provided by AH-1W SuperCobras and UH-1N Hueys, slated to be replaced by the Bell AH-1Z Viper and the Bell UH-1Y Venom.[133] Medium-lift squadrons flying the CH-46E Sea Knight and CH-53D Sea Stallion helicopters are in the process of converting to the MV-22 Osprey, a tiltrotor with superior range and speed. Heavy-lift squadrons are equipped with the CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter, eventually to be replaced with the upgraded CH-53K.[134]

Marine attack squadrons fly the AV-8B Harrier II; while the fighter/attack mission is handled by the single-seat and dual-seat versions of the F/A-18 Hornet strike-fighter aircraft. The AV-8B is a V/STOL aircraft that can operate from amphibious assault ships, land air bases and short, expeditionary airfields, while the F/A-18 can only be flown from land or aircraft carriers. Both are slated to be replaced by 340 of the STOVL B version of the F-35 Lightning II, beginning training operations in 2008,[135] and 80 of the carrier F-35C versions for deployment with Navy carrier air wings.[136][137][138]

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

hope we can help a bit

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
From an email I received tonight, this touched me so deeply and I can only hope that it will touch you as well and that if for even just one moment you take time to reflect on its deepest meaning. It is a simple message sent by a loving people who seem to feel defeated and alone right now.

Please if you can send some light, some prayer or just positive energy their way.

Thank you.

Here is the message:

We are asking everyone to say a prayer for "Darkhorse" 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines and their families. They are fighting it out in Afghanistan and

IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE the message spread if more could pass it on.

Nothing in the media about these guys because no one seems to care:

Justin Allen, 23, Brett Linley, 29, Matthew Weikert, 29, Justus Bartett, 27, Dave Santos, 21, Chase Stanley, 21 Jesse Reed, 26, Matthew Johnson, 21, Zachary Fisher, 24, Brandon King, 23, Christopher Goeke, 23, Sheldon Tate, 27. All are Marines that gave their lives for YOU this week.

Please Honor THEM by forwarding this.

" No One Could Make A Greater Mistake Than He Who Did Nothing, Because He Could Do Only A Little" (Edmund Burke) (1727-1797)

"they have lost 9 Marine’s in 4 days"

Is there a link to this??

When did this occur??

ETA: Disregard....already answered above.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Perhaps because: to add

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for all service members. However, this email has been circulating for a couple of years and "Darkhorse" is currently stateside, but "Darkhorse" did have 25 KIAs and 200 WIAs during the duration of their deployment.
Sorry I'm having a hard time posting any links

edit on 3-6-2012 by Spieluhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spieluhr

yeah I tired to post, and showed proof this email is from 2010, but no one is paying attention

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Ok so the older couple who sent this to me and who were also a Military family long ago, now know what only ATS can seem to discover in seconds!

LOL

Here is the message I sent them in return.

This particular email began circulating back in 2010, it is however a true story and the message it sends is timeless. I have passed this along and prayers are forthcoming to not only this Battalion but all of them, a great reminder of our forgotten Warriors. www.truthorfiction.com...

Thank you for your search and information. I truly mean what my email reply states, it is a great reminder of our forgotten and fallen/injured Warriors.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It is a beautiful reply, and our hearts and prayers should be with all the men fighting for righteous cause, and all those who died in same

And yes, fighting Taliban was a righteous cause. Just making that statement for those who do not know me well.
edit on 3-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Does the news still report the war casualties at all? They give their lives for their country and society should give these heroes some notice. I think that is how this email started. These people died and it didn't even make the news. MSM makes the war out of sight and out of mind. Heartbreaking.

Operation Enduring Freedom translates as Operation Never-ending War.
edit on 6/3/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join