It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supercell Thunderstorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Supercell

The impressive UFO-shaped cloud - literally the eye of the storm - ominously hovered near Adrian, Michigan, on May 21.

Even though it says Adrian, Michigan, the picture says Texas, so I think it is a misquote above. Blame the article, not myself.

I might speculate that the storm is ingesting large amounts of pollution or dust, which would suppress the warm rain process and result in the prevalence of hail,' Bill Cotton, professor of meteorology at Colorado State University, told Life’s Little Mysteries.

Storm chaser Randall Moles, who uploaded his footage of the storm onto YouTube, seemed to be unsure of what the saucer-shaped cloud was, describing it looking 'real suspicious.'

I always loved storms as a kid. I used to put my bathing suit on and go dancing in the rain and the old ladies on the street would give me money to go back in the house before I caught a cold. I still love my storms. I sleep best when it's thundering out. Something about the noise. The video says Texas as well, so I'm assuming it's Adrian, Texas and the Michigan is a misprint to ignore. The shape of the supercell is magnificent. Wow. Just wow.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I like the way that drivers of large trucks that will offer plenty of wind resistance just KEEP ON DRIVING TOWARDS IT!!!
Are these people nuts or just really in a hurry?

I've never seen anything like this before but I can imagine how the idea of Gods were formed by ancient man. The images are breathtaking, no pun intended.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
ROFL.

I don't know about the old ladys but okay.

Watching the video now.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I like the way that drivers of large trucks that will offer plenty of wind resistance just KEEP ON DRIVING TOWARDS IT!!!
Are these people nuts or just really in a hurry?

I've never seen anything like this before but I can imagine how the idea of Gods were formed by ancient man. The images are breathtaking, no pun intended.

I kept waiting for the semis to go flying as it drove into the storm. Not that I was hoping for it mind you. It was more of a oh, crap, here it comes, *peeks through fingers*, phew.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
ROFL.

I don't know about the old ladys but okay.

Watching the video now.

This was back in Michigan, you were super little. I'll forgive you for not remembering.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No excuses

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Storm chaser Randall Moles, who uploaded his footage of the storm onto YouTube, seemed to be unsure of what the saucer-shaped cloud was, describing it looking 'real suspicious.'

Why suspicious? These aren't uncommon. Just Google mothership supercell.

Also, it says the video you posted went private.
edit on 4-6-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Sorry about that. I wonder why it went private. Maybe because people were making comments or something who knows. If I find another, I'll post it for you.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

That'd be great

I love a good storm video.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

That'd be great

I love a good storm video.

No problem then. I love a good storm. (In person that is.) I'll post what I find for to make up for my poor vidya gettin' yanked. LOL

new topics

top topics

join