It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster Meals; Food for Emergency Situations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Will keep the bag of needles in mind as well. also vitamines/minerals/antibiotics. I try to think in terms of light weight but efficient and what children can carry within thier support bags, smh. LORD A DEEPSPACE -EXODUS-CRAFT WOULD ASSIST (WITH A MANNA DISTRIBUTER) THAT CAN HOLD OVER 100,000,000,000 HUMANS FROM EA*RTH HERD PAST & PRESENT. Optimistic.

Manna (Hebrew: מָ‏ן‎) or Manna wa Salwa (Arabic: مَنّ‎, Kurdish: gezo, Persian: ترنجبين‎), sometimes or archaically spelled mana, is an edible substance that God provided for the Israelites during their travels in the desert according to the Bible and the Qur'an.

edit on 6/4/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I broke out my food storage by self life. I have a 3 month supply of food for myself and my wife at 2,000 cal/kal a day with a long term storage food type with at least 30 year self, next would be the 5 year self life, MREs at one month supply each, then the canned goods.

in total we have about 6 months each at 2,000 cal/kal. The main goal is to only use that food in the winter and get to living off the gardens, chickens, and cattle ASAP.

SHTF may last 30 years, what good will your one year food supply do for you the rest of the 29 years.

edit on 4-6-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by SprocketUK
An old mate of mine used to take curry powder with him in a plane. "Incase we crash and have to eat each other" He was nuts, mind, but everything tastes nice when curried.
As an aside, this thread title made me think of dinner at the mum-in-law's.

he used to carry curry powder ? in case he would have to eat somebody ? .. damn
probably already his a canibal ..stay far from these kind of crazy person
how you could be next in their stomach

:-) That thought crossed my mind now and then while we waited for the day shift to turn up.
He died a couple of years ago. RIP Ken, 22.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Don't forget to buy the manual can opener. That food is no good if there's a power outage and you can't open the darned cans!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
CAN OPENER! I'M SAVED!

This should be a cooking show on cable tv.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I hope this picture image works. It shows how to use plastic bottles to protect food.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Have to be careful with plastic and get the right kind. (food grade)

You can actually get food grade 6 gallon buckets at most home building supply stores (check the label to see if they are also recommended for food storage). Get the better screw on lids (versus the snapping ones).

Then, get some mylar bags and O2 absorbing packs (can get these from different prepper style websites), and you can store things like rice, beans, noodles, potato flakes, oats and grains, for more than 10 years!

Just buy those items from a discount bulk store like Sam's Club, Costco, etc. and stock them in the buckets.

My plan is to pretty much have a 6 month supply for 15-20 people. (as my place is kind of the goto place in our circle of friends, if the SHTF). The big challenge is meat and protein without refrigeration. You can get it, but it's expensive, and you'd want to rotate through it.

For veggies, we're starting a decent sized garden, so that'll be a fun project.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join