It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Perfect Moment [NATURE]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A Perfect Moment

I sit today in my garden and begin a meditation. Nestled into a small clearing completely surrounded by honeysuckles, I begin the unwinding. Adjusting my posture, I fix my sight forward, then let my eyes begin to unfocus. I commence to a deeper breathing, in and out slowly, using a 7 count each way. A butterfly dances within my gaze, and hummingbirds hover over the suckles, their flight paths like elegant streamers, leaving an afterprint of enchantment.
I close my eyes....

The monkey mind now fully awakened, but I have learned to quell the rampant thoughts. My other senses of smell, sound and touch become heightened, and gratefully entangled within the surroundings. The wind moving through the trees, through my hair and over my skin, sooth my presence. The scent of Nicodemus blossoms and honeysuckle absorb me fully within this moment. Sunshine suffuses through my cells and the warmth
is that of welcoming, bringing forth a lazy smile.
Now an attempt for the void...

As time passes and the stillness settles in, the garden comes to life.
Beyond relaxed, I have become one with the ground, sky, waters and wind.
Stillness within and without, awakens in slow motion, seeming to move gracefully in an upward spiral. Everything is vibrating and I can hear and feel it resonate through me. Is it affecting me or am I affecting it?

Suddenly, like an abrupt breeze carried in a chorus of feathered buzzing, several Hummingbirds fly in at once, coming to a simultaneous stationary hover, their wings buzzing fortissimo. They are so close, I can feel the rapid pulses of air from their wings. A chill runs up my spine as I open my eyes to see 5 hummingbirds feeding less than 2 ft away. Time stands still and elation rushes through my veins as I become one with these wondrous creatures, right here right now. The literal vibrations from them tickled my soul and made me laugh inside....it was a perfect moment.

Gratitude swells within and pushes a tear to my eye, as I am vividly reminded of the splendor all around. We are not only residents of nature, but stewards and companions as well, and taking a moment to connect, emptying the vessel to accommodate the wonder, conveying gratitude with a smile, and literally touching her, are my soul's courting efforts to dance and become one with...NATURE.

I am recharged again...

speculativeoptimist

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Very descriptive. I like it, SnF, and I hope you share more during this contest.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you Druid42, this is my first entry and I was not sure if this really qualified, but it is kind of a poem and was inspired by nature, so what the heck.
Again, I appreciate your reply,

Peace,
spec

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Spec, I know what you're talking about. exactly.
Nice to know a fellow traveler.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you friend, glad to know others have experienced the sublime effects of nature.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join