It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google+ SUCKS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Howdy community...

Ok, first of all, let me begin by saying I've never really considered myself to have a horse in this race. I've read the threads on here about Google, their collaboration with the NSA, their general malfecience (sp), but none the less, when I need to look something up, I still go to Google. Sue me. So, I've never really made a big deal about it. Tonight though, I got pissed.

I'm a musician, and sometimes need to do some graphic design for upcoming shows, album covers, etc. As a musician, I am obligatorily broke, and so I can't afford an expensive photo editing program. Well, for a while now I've been using a site called Picnik.com. Just an awesome, suprisingly powerful photo editor. Really a wonderful site, totally free. They've been advertising on there for a while that they would eventually be shutting down (April 19th). So, today, I needed to do a little editing and tried to get on the site only to see that they had, indeed, been shut down, and that apparently acquired by Google+. So, they send you there for your photo editing needs, and it SUCKS!!! I mean, the level of quality, even the ability to do anything is gone! Is this what happens when Google acquires something? That sucks. Listen, go do it, follow the links and see what I'm talking about.

www.picnik.com

Just go there and know that this was one of the best photo editing programs (much less just free user sites) I had ever found, and then follow their links to Google+ answer to filling in that space, and see the disparity. It's incredible.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I liked Piknik too, and Google + really does suck.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

You either meant "malfeasance" or (more probably) "maleficence." Ironic, since their motto used to be "Don't Be Evil." (I think their new motto is: "We OWN you, Peon! Now STFU and Fall in Line! We Have Important Globalist Gestapo Business to Attend To!")

Did you say Google sucks? I think I agree--let me check.... Yes, I definitely agree....

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the old adage:

Cheap, Good, Fast:

Pick any two.

Piknik couldn't make any money offering you a free service backed by advertising that did not pay the bills. Kind of like the country in general. You keep wanting free stuff and eventually it all falls apart. C'est la vie.

"malfeasance" doesn't apply here: It is "conduct by a public official that cannot be legally justified or that conflicts with the law." What google or piknik has done is neither illegal nor unjustified, nor does it conflict with the law, nor is google public anyway. "MALEFICENCE" is "doing harm." You may think you have been harmed, but the fact that you paid nothing for the service would make that very difficult to prove. They don't owe you. You have no recourse.
edit on 6/3/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If you need something for image editing you can try gimp. It is open source and free to use and similar to photoshop. When looking for any software I stick mainly to 'open source' solutions, good on a budget and no copyright head bangers. The development community is generally a few years behind the latest and greatest pay for stuff, but heaps out there.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
yeah use gimp, its really odd they link u to g+.

I love gplus though, i have lots of fun on it. Its not like facebook or anything, its more like tumbrl were people are just posting pictures and gifs, its not really meant for profiles n such. Plus the hangouts are fun. It does bother me i get banned so much, but that's what i get for posting nudes all the time.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

I too read of Google's spying and reporting quite some time ago, and remember having a hard time finding a new search engine I could live with. I found just what I needed at IXQuick, the world's most private search engine. Doesn't record your IP address.

On Google.....

Google Finds Ways To Dominate Other Area's Of The Internet

sunstreeks.hubpages.com...

Google aquired YouTube in 2006

Google brought on Froogle to help shoppers find the best price and where to buy. Froogle some how lost the name in 2002 and is now just known as Google Shopping or Google Product Search. Image search, Google's had that since 2001. When blogs were becoming new and cool. Google's like "Arr we need that too" and aquires the company that created Blogger.

They got in a little trouble with it over content ownership or something like that but Google News is still present and accounted for. Google didn't quite have the world mapped out yet for their domination, oh wait ya they did. Google had maps, addresses and driving directions covered. Google Maps blew Mapquest out of the water.

Google also has Picasa, so you can upload your photos online, Google Checkout so you can buy items from sites and actually pay through Google. Google owns this Google owns that, and wait, how about flu trends, who's covering that. The CDC right. Can google overtake the Center For Disease control, well maybe not tonight but Google does offer a cute website called Google Flu Trends that tracks flu activity.

sunstreeks.hubpages.com...

Google Products

www.google.com.my...

List of acquisitions by Google

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join