It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Time To Cut The Apron Strings!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hey ATS, so the celebrations in the UK are underway for the Queens 60 year reign (diamond dubilee) and is considered an important milestone in Britains history. But outside of Britain in Australia, there has been virtually no word of the celebrations. The only thing being done in Australia to commemorate this event is a few commemorative stamps and coins are to be made as well as PM Julia Gillard will light a beacon on Capital Hill but other than that Australians have barely stopped to take notice. Now this contradicts what the Australians for Monarchy group have said which is basically "The royal family has never been so popular in Australia". This is a total load of crock, take a look at the Silver Dubilee in Australia there were massive celebrations in this country but today 25 years later there has barely been a ripple in Australia for the Diamond Dubilee.

Australia is an egalitarian nation yet how odd that our constitutional framework is anything but?
And how embarrasing that our supposed Queen publicly cheers for the adversaries of Australia (sport, economics, culture, finance)

As it stands today we are not our own nation, we have yet to come of age because we are still under the rule of a foreign monarch. We are a subject country to the motherland, and until we break free we will remain a subject country.

The Australian Republican movement has recently been revived by David Morris after 13 long years of complete silence. My view for a replacement of the Queen is a parliamentary republic which would basically be the same system we have now except the governor-general would become the "President" and replace the Queen as head of state (: unless I am wrong

So who's got the scissors?

edit on 3-6-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I agree. We need a new standard.

We need a new Peter Lalor.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

I agree. We need a new standard.

We need a new Peter Lalor.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Totally agree, but our current crop of politicians has soured the publics opinion of letting them get their hands on our constitution. And although the Australian republican movement has been recently revived after literally being dead for 13 years, I realise there will be no true support for a republic in Australia until the Queen passes away which by her looks at the Diamond Dubilee probably won't be far off (she could hardly smile...)

As well as an Australian republic we also need our own flag to go with our republic and I believe the flag in that picture represents Australia the most.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
WOW not many people care about the republic debate do they??

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well the way things are going it looks like scotland will get there before us. But id rather stay part of the commonwealth than become part of china,lol

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hi Krimson,
Well you're right in alot of regards, most Australians don't care but that's through years of brainwashing, dealing with a useless government and a whole bunch of other things. We truly are becoming the epitamy of Generation Y and the unthinking animals the globalists want us to become. This is slowly changing as people wake up, but it's a long labourious effort and people only see their little world and strive to fix the issues they find in it.

As for moving to the republic, I would be happy too if the situation was ideal. I've done a lot of looking around on the Club of Rome, Bilderbergs, Trilateral, IMF, World bank and am well aware the queen has enough money to survive quite well even if she wasn't the queen but that's not the point. We have essentially a fascist corporatocracy taking as much power as they can as quick as they can and most people idle by and put up with it. We are about to put in a carbon tax which nobody wanted and there was no referendum to institute it in, moving to a guilty until proven innocent system across the board instead of the innocent until proven guilty system that has been in force for milennia and you want to move to a republic.

What do you think would happen if the existing people in power were now solely in charge of Australia and the courts had to enforce the new constitution which I highly doubt would be in favour of the people. Common law would be removed which is the only thing gives us our existing rights in Australia. It's a hell of a fight to win under common law but at least it's possible. Under a republic it just wouldn't exist or it would be twisted to suit the guilty until proven innocent system.

So in this regard, yes Australians are lazy but at least it has stopped us from moving to a monumental mistake of going to a republic. First get the corporations out of the influence of the government , then when you have the right people in, move to a new free'er system.

new topics

top topics

join