It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopped By Apartheid on the Way to Madonna's "Peace Concert"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Stopped By Apartheid on the Way to Madonna's "Peace Concert"

www.deliberation.info

The Amira family activists of Ni’lin village try to get to Madonna’s “Peace Concert”.
They hold the proper concert tickets yet the road is long: determined they try to get through the apartheid wall, through the checkpoint, request assistance from the DCO office, but will they make it?? More on the way in which Israeli NGOs and Madonna are complicit in trying to whitewash Israeli apartheid
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The video exposes what the Israeli occupiers do to Palestinians on a daily basis. The villagers from Ni'lin who are imprisoned within the Israeli apartheid walls and have chance to go to the Madonna concert.

While most artists would never go to Israel when they know that racism is fundamental to the policies of the government, Madonna normalises Israel's behaviour by breaching the boycott.

www.deliberation.info
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-6-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
People should really be ashamed of themselves if they support Israel.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
atleast they didnt have to watch a madonna concert.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Amen to that man!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It just occurred to me that Madonna's new album might be a tetragrammaton of her name.

Crunch that, conspiracy theorists!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I don't know what that means. A) Because I don't follow Madonna, so I don't know what the name of her new album is, and B) what the hell is a tetragrammaton?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

The term tetragrammaton (from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning "[a word] having four letters")[1] refers to the Hebrew written form of YHWH (Hebrew: יהוה‎), one of the names of the God of Israel which is used in the Hebrew Bible and elsewhere.

This written Hebrew name is generally regarded as having been pronounced as Yahweh by modern scholars, though many variant pronunciations have been proposed.
At some point a taboo on saying the name aloud developed in Judaism, and rather than pronounce the written name, other titles were substituted, including "Lord" (in Hebrew Adonai, in Greek Kyrios).

Tetragrammaton

Madonna's new album is called "MDNA"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I was going to say the same thing lol

Seems like the stoping was done as more of a public service , no ?
edit on 3-6-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

if you ask me i think it means shes on drugs. MDNA is methylenedioxymethamphetamine whicht is known in the US as ectasy. look at the euphoric effects it can have on people. shure sounds like madona to me.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 33degree
reply to post by satron

if you ask me i think it means shes on drugs. MDNA is methylenedioxymethamphetamine whicht is known in the US as ectasy. look at the euphoric effects it can have on people. shure sounds like madona to me.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's MDMA, not MDNA.

I thought it was related to MDMA until I realized it sounds more like a tetragrammaton of her name.

She is loosely connected to Judaism in faith.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
awwh you just had to ruin my fun

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

Or maybe, unlike you, Madonna is able to distinguish ordinary Israeli citizens from the actions of the Israeli Government. Her decision to go tour there actually shows courage considering tensions in the region and international opinion on the conflict.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Or maybe, unlike you, Madonna is able to distinguish ordinary Israeli citizens from the actions of the Israeli Government. Her decision to go tour there actually shows courage considering tensions in the region and international opinion on the conflict.

Considering that most adult Israeli do military service, that Israelis vote for extremist governments, that +80% were in favour of the Israeli assault on Gaza in 2008 and there are anti-black Israeli street mobs attacking blacks, there is nothing ordinary about Israelis. But I digress, there is a cultural boycott of Israel and Madonna defied it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

I will believe that if I see her denounce the Israeli government policies from the stage. Otherwise she is a Zionist stooge.

top topics

join