It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When SHTF how do we deal with a potential foreign invasion from various countries such as China or R

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When SHTF how do we deal with a potential foreign invasion from various countries such as China or Russia?

I am hearing people prepping for armed gangs, starvations, etc. but what about an foreign invasion?

I mean if Russia and China see that the USA has collapsed and is in turmoil then I'm sure they're more willing to take advantage of the situation by executing an invasion.

Now alot people argued that a military invasion here on US soil is impossible but I believe it can happen when we are in an internal turmoil.

Besides with the USA having various resources I'm sure China and Russia is more willing to get grab for it

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If you live in Alaska or the eastern seaboard, learn Russian.

If you live in Hawaii or the west, learn Chinese.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
When SHTF how do we deal with a potential foreign invasion from various countries such as China or Russia?

I am hearing people prepping for armed gangs, starvations, etc. but what about an foreign invasion?

I mean if Russia and China see that the USA has collapsed and is in turmoil then I'm sure they're more willing to take advantage of the situation by executing an invasion.

Now alot people argued that a military invasion here on US soil is impossible but I believe it can happen when we are in an internal turmoil.

Besides with the USA having various resources I'm sure China and Russia is more willing to get grab for it

They would support a rebellion the same way we have overseas, and try to destabalize everything as much as possible until they could gain some territorial control then try to stablize everything again under their proxy control.

The invasion would come post SHTF as a reinforcement, if anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Assuming the occupiers want to chit-chat. Wiki "Rape of Nanjing"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This maybe?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

ALL enemies; foreign AND domestic. Need I say more?
edit on 6/3/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pepeluacho
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Assuming the occupiers want to chit-chat. Wiki "Rape of Nanjing"

Yeah, read the book.

Always, ALWAYS, save the last bullet for yourself.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well if we have a total economic collapse so will they. Second the only way they would invade the US is if our govt. was in on it. Our military will still be holding strong even during an economic collapse (for quite awhile). By the time it gets bad enough for the military to be out of sorts, we will be rebuilding the world economy.
Just my opinion.
I would prepare to protect and feed those close to me and not worry about invasion. I think that is a non issue.
Start growing food and get out of debt.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The minute they realised that they could never win a conventional war with you due to MAD - is the minute they began to plot your collapse via cultural subversion - they must be truly amazed at how easy and sucessful it has been.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Same thing any ol country boy would do. Pick up the old rifle and go hunting the ultimate game. A foreign army should fear American citizens more than the military because we aren't bound by the Geneva convention. Come to think of it I would finally get the chance to get info out of people like Grandpa taught me.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Invasion? Not a chance, there aren’t enough china men in china to do the job.

www.justfacts.com...

* As of 2009, the United States has a population of 307 million people.[5]

* Based on production data from firearm manufacturers,[6] there are roughly 300 million firearms owned by civilians in the United States as of 2010. Of these, about 100 million are handguns.[7]

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It may be a reassuring fantasy to imagine yourself sniping away at invading foreign troops - but that's all it is!

The one and only thing holding your nation together is material wealth - take that away, as looks soon to happen, add in say an annonymous EMP strike, no oil, electricity, transport, media etc - you will be fighting each other for scraps of food in days - 90% or more will be dead within a yr, blacks vs whites vs hispanics.

Those that manage to survive are going to be living like the Amish.

Do you suppose there will still be an army or navy by then? - the whole world has been conditioned to see the US as the source of all their problems - they will set upon you like a pack of wolves.

When the Chinese decide to take possession of their new land already bought and paid for) - they will land unopposed in borrowed cruise liners - and will shoot you on sight except for some pretty blond wives for the millions of young men with no wives.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I would not worry about it they do not have the logistics for any sustained invasion and they would be picked off from every rock tree bush doorway and window. No country could control the land mass of the US not even our own military and they all know it. it is too large and to many guns. They could maybe control a few cities on the coast at best but not for any sustainable length of time.

The Russians could not sustain an invasion of Chechnya and they were fighting with bolt action rifles.

Also most likely when they US collapses they will be having their own collapse to deal with.
edit on 3-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Likely Mexico will be propped up by their relationship with the Chinese, specifically in those areas of Military partnerships.

So, this means the invading Army will look like the rest of us! "Ingles" or not, we would be left guessing! However, the food will be good and they will not be taking prisoners!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
suicide bombs,tunnels,trenches,Ieds ,dogs strapped with explosives,thermite,dead falls,punji pits,bear traps take your pick from the partisan play book.Most likely you would see pretty much what our troops see in combat zones where they are fighting vs insurgents but probably some new stuff with distinctly American theme. Scorched earth has historically been used in the states already (Sherman's march to the sea) during the civil war.

depending on the area(s) hit the climate could become a factor as we are a nation of varied climates from the tundra of Alaska to the plains of the north west and south west and swamps and bogs to the south east so i think where it happens will be a factor. expect to see a lot of "primitive" equipment brought back out into use horses buggys etc as well as with the layout and river system of this nation a resurgence of river boats and lake going vessels to send supplies using minimal resources.

as far as what happens to law and order that depends on the level of collaborators and if we are unified when the invasion happens.if we are not unified and its some kind of civil war with breakaway factions of the military expect a rush for the arms depots and potently factions seizing either missile silos and or aircraft delivered nuclear weapons and quite bluntly the faction that controls the boomer fleet will have a trump card all of their own so in my own opinion we couldnt predict what we would do in a civil war as we dont know who the factions will be or who would be in charge of the nukes.

and depending on what type of shtf situation is occurring would be quite a major variable in possible predictions
as with out knowing the cause its hard to plan for effect

if its a global pandemic i think other countries would be too distracted to mount invasion forces

solar flare/solar event: well if its effecting us its probably effecting the rest of the world or at least a significant portion of it so i dont see that as being too likely either

economic collapse: getting a bit more likely as its probable that if we are having a full on crash we would not be able to maintain defense or keep up maintenance of our military and civilian infrastructure(see Argentina collapse for an example think their is a thread here)

meteor strike/act of god:depends on natural disater but could make invasion a possibility as its kind of hard to plan how to plan for nature when it throws you a curve ball

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Put a wok on my haed and scream "What took you guys so long, ive been fighting them from within for years now" and hope they bought it. hehe.

Joking aside i dont think its something that you can fully prepare for, except for your bug out arrangements. Chances are you,ll get drafted and be told what your going to do.

Hope it never comes to that. Americas a big place but China could easily swamp the U.K on its own.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
Invasion? Not a chance, there aren’t enough china men in china to do the job.

www.justfacts.com...

* As of 2009, the United States has a population of 307 million people.[5]

* Based on production data from firearm manufacturers,[6] there are roughly 300 million firearms owned by civilians in the United States as of 2010. Of these, about 100 million are handguns.[7]

A army can easily invade our borders just look at how much open coastline we have. A small well trained outfit could easily penetrate our borders and set a base of operations.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Noiw to mention in a shtf scenario the Coast Guard and Navy will be distracted

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'll take the Russians over the Chinese

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Highly unlikely as an invasion force would get off the beach before becoming incased in lead from small arms fire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join