It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dwell In The Temple Within, And Know God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My body is my Temple. Anything that distracts me from reclusive and absorbed presence in the Temple is irreverent and irrelevant. This Temple is inherently there. No movement or action is required at all to be in your Holy Place. Any movement that is not purposefully of a pragmatic or ecstatic nature should be discarded. This means movements of body, but it also means movement of the eyes, and speech, and mental activity. So much of our energies are used for completely pointless activities. We sit around and fidget, move our eyes around, and analyze everything, because we don't know how to be still, and feel we always have to be doing something. Ecstatic union with God is impossible in such a state.

Our baseline of 'stillness' is actually quite a high amount of movement or perceptual activities, and we become entirely de-sensitized to that range of activity, as if it is nothing. All things that happen to us are judged in relation to that baseline, which is a farily high level of activity. We have no sensitivity. We cannot experience ecstacy. We cannot know God. All of this unnecessary activity degrades your Temple. The aim of life is to know Self, to know God. God is not found through activities in the world, but through seeking him in his Temple, your body.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have been practicing in getting to be more one with myself, what i mean by myself is, getting to know the me that is in my mind, the me that is thinking and the conscious of me. But this is something i feel is important for people, getting to know them selves in a spiritual manner, not their physical selves.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

IF God is within, then lack of positive action towards others is "self" destructive... because we are all of the same source...

In the service of others one shows God his true belief and understanding of his ways.

Even as James says... Faith without work is dead

edit on 3-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by TheJourney

IF God is within, then lack of positive action towards others is "self" destructive... because we are all of the same source...

In the service of others one shows God his true belief and understanding of his ways.

Even as James says... Faith without work is dead

That's a good point too. The differences between us are peripheral. We become more 'different' as we move out from our center, which is our true self, or God. All differentiations, then, are God/Self expressing hirself in a variety of ways. Treating others well is akin to treating yourself well, and if 'self' that is consered 'you' treats 'self' that is considered 'other' well, logically that would lead to a reversal of it. The 'other' self will treat the 'you' self good, as these are the same roles just reversal of perspective. Thus 'Treat others how you would like to be treated,' the golden rule.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I love you unconditionally because I want to be loved unconditionally. Love your family, friends, AND your "enemies".

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Action without will first (unconscious action) is like being a slave, or a prisoner. It's like being an airplane that has no idea who the pilot is. You're definitely flying, but you don't know where you're going, nor where you are. Take control of your plane man.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The plane is not yours. Let go of the wheel.
Let God fly the plane, have faith.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Action without will first (unconscious action) is like being a slave, or a prisoner. It's like being an airplane that has no idea who the pilot is. You're definitely flying, but you don't know where you're going, nor where you are. Take control of your plane man.

Whose will? If you 'think' before acting then it will be the will of the matrix (the prison).

I am not flying, i am the stillness in which everything flies through. The things that fly through are no concern of mine, i just watch them come and go in peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by willrush
I have been practicing in getting to be more one with myself, what i mean by myself is, getting to know the me that is in my mind, the me that is thinking and the conscious of me. But this is something i feel is important for people, getting to know them selves in a spiritual manner, not their physical selves.

Try talking fast to other people without letting you mind have time to think about what it is saying. That is when you hear from both unconcious and soul. There is much truth to find out about yourself. You can try to go of all fear and not care so much about pride and ego. You might find out that the soul inside you are an increadable being with exreme high ideals.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Why have faith? Why not seek hard enought with need and get proof? Or am I missing something that is outside my experiance?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I believe we are "the Temple", but not yet. The Old Testament clearly describes how the essence of the Almighty was able to be "housed" so that man could be closer to Him. It was a place that could hold His Spirit or Fire, a physical temple with specific parameters.

When Jesus, the living embodiment of GOD as man, gave his life so that we may join the Father in Heaven, it was through the Holy Spirit personally that we could partake. No longer was a physical temple needed to house GOD, we could simply believe in him and be filled by the Holy Spirit.

However, most would have you believe that once the Holy Spirit enters the body that it can remain there; this is so untrue, as we would never get anything done walking around in such a supernatural state. So we move about later believing that it exists within us, remembering that time when we were changed by it, empty none-the-less yet filled with the desire of Him.

Soon a new man will arise out of the ashes that is to come; this "Kingdom" on Earth will be those who can actually house GOD within us, as it has always been His desire to walk here in the physical world with us, to live with us! Our Temples will be transformed and prepared, then we will be filled and forever changed by Him.

It is a good thing to keep the temple clean and prepared; we do this through the Holy Spirit, but we cannot hold GOD within us until we are transformed, otherwise we corrupt and manipulate through our own desires.

No matter how innocent, man is not one to hold on too long to that paradigm, especially if we were suddenly handed the "keys" to this existence.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Why have faith? Why not seek hard enought with need and get proof? Or am I missing something that is outside my experiance?

Firstly, what is it you are seeking proof of? Is there something you are looking for? What is it that you seek?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Firstly, what is it you are seeking proof of? Is there something you are looking for? What is it that you seek?

I sought for realease of pain and found what is hidden in plain sight. Now I only seek wisdom and higher ideals from the connection within and understanding the evolution of what is without.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I sought for realease of pain and found what is hidden in plain sight. Now I only seek wisdom and higher ideals from the connection within and understanding the evolution of what is without.

The real eases the pain when seeing is known to be the only real.
There is nothing higher and there is no connection in oneness.
No within, no without.

new topics

top topics

join