It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I sick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Some reason here lately I don't sleep but a couple hours a day.. And I wake up feeling fine..

It all started when I was working 84-90 hours a week. I did this for about 6 weeks straight (equaling around 40ish days with no off days working 12.5 hours a day sometimes more) I wouldnt get very much sleep.

Now I work 40ish hours a week and I go to sleep at around 9 am and wake up at 1 pm or like today I went to bed at 9:30 am and woke up at 11:30 am.. Ill be up again until 9 am the next day.. Am I sick?

Is this insomnia or some crazy thing considering I'm feeling fine?

Or am I just this used to being tired and being tired isn't anything anymore? lol

I need to know

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Perhaps you're just a Night owl

Join the club... you're not sick, just different

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Similar sheyt i haved recentlY.
U are not sick.
For few next days just go to sleep at same time. Just allow your brain adjust itself.
If u cannot fallasleep, just do additional work, like excercise or something, and go to sleep.
U can as anybody else, programming how, and when u go to sleep, and awake.
Also, usualy ""i cannot sleep issue" is unsolved and non aware your issues.
Solve that and u will be clear and sleep run live with much more energy, and less required and good sleep.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've always been a night owl lol thats why I picked 3rd shift. I feel more creative at this time of the day, therefor making my job easier because I work smarter and not harder

BUT I have never ran on this little of sleep. It's veerry unnormal for me.. Very.. I used to love sleep.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wwwchronos

I feel like the sleep I do get is good sleep lol ^^

I just want to know why before I got this job I could sleep 10 hours and feel groggy.

Now I sleep 2 hours and feel like a champ.

wahh?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Sorry if i misunderstood, english is not my native language. Im still learing...

Answer: because u did not like previous job(or whatever u doing nefore current job), and or with who and what u dealin on old job.
Probably current new job is better for you. No problems, issues, crappy people, u ahve some purpose, u love whst u doetc.
edit on 3-6-2012 by wwwchronos because: add something

edit on 3-6-2012 by wwwchronos because: Add again

edit on 3-6-2012 by wwwchronos because: grammar

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You might not be sick now, but sleep deprivation can cause many health issues.
I would try to regulate your sleep.
Drink Chamomile tea at night, stay off of the computer and away from tv screens because the light confuses our enternal clock.
Do something to tire the brain such as puzzles, mind games, or read a book.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think eventually such a small amount of sleep will catch up with you. You are adjusting to a new schedule and it might take a while for your sleep patterns to catch up.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

I go to sleep at the same time everyday and have been for a while. How long does this kinda stuff take? lol

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

LOL night owl! perfectly said! its not so bad To be a night person! :-)

what's bad is when your on ATS at 3am then people either think your a troll or a little Crazy...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaughterOfARevolver

Im on ATS at 3am every night... And im neither a troll, or crazy...

Mad perhaps...

Why would i care about the opinions others have about me anyways?

edit on 3-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

LOL I'm not. I'm busy metalizing your future headlights -.- Making them shiny and all.

To everyone that reads this, next time you see or use your headlights.. Have a moment of silence for these things..

You wouldn't BELIEVE how much BS goes into making these things and looking for defects -.-..

specks less than .2 mm is the kind of stuff we have to look for..

And btw.. all of yours are probably bad
you wouldn't believe.. Leaks ect. I can even tell you the cars who will have future problems ;P

edit on 3-6-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

well its bad in the respect That people wont take you opinion or what you have to say serisouly, I get what your saying and agree why should I care, that's not all to life,
but most normal sleepers don't understand night folk have such amazing thoughts and ideas while being sleep deprived, that's all (-:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If I wake up in the morning time I can't do anything.. Literally.. It feels like my brain has been watered down and I am extremely lazy. I wake up at night time, I want to party or design some crazy sh##. If I wake up at 6 am, it takes me until atleast 1 am for me to not even feel like crap anymore.. even with 8 hours of sleep

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

well its bad in the respect That people wont take you opinion or what you have to say serisouly

Anyone who judges what i say based on if and when i sleep is likely a brain dead moron anyways...

So again, why would i care either way...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Akragon always seems to be replying to my threads ^^

So Akragon is one of my fav's personally xD

Kinda funny we are both night owls too.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

oh well if You don't value your own opinion and or how its recived or a point You might try to get across I wont judge You on it.....even if I did
.....what would you care anyway?! :-/
but I would ask wtf Are You posting on ATS for if you Are so socially inept?????

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Well you got it half right...

I hold no value in other peoples opinions of what i say... IF you or anyone else doesn't like what i have to say... they are free to have their opinions.

I do however appreciate questions or positive feedback...

And just so you know im not socially inept... i simply don't care what others think of me or my beliefs

I am who i am.... nothing more

new topics

top topics

join