It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dowsing Rods and Metal Detectors.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

It will also work on long dead pipes that haven't had anything flowing in them in years .
John

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Perhaps dowsing rods are used in some scams, but my own personal experience says otherwise. People will say, "Well, even if you're not scamming, you are subtly moving the rods, perhaps unconsciously."

No.

A plumber taught me this. We were looking for a broken pipe underground. I used two copper rods, a bit thicker than solid electrical wire, bent in the shape of "L" You hold onto the small pieces very loosely, just enough so they don't fall out of your fists, and let the larger pieces be out level in front of you. You touch your knuckles together and walk. When the rods find something, they cross--completely of their own volition. When you find something you can back up, and the rods will un-cross themselves.

The most amazing thing about the experience was the amount of apparent energy. This was WAY MORE than just a subtle nudge, way more than gravity working on a slight tilt of your wrists. Those rods crossed with strength. Had I not personally experienced this I would never have believed it was possible.

I have no idea why this works. I just know I have personally experienced that it does.
edit on 6/3/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

I believe it has to do with the Earth's magnetic fields, electromagnetism, and electric current even in very tiny amounts. I used the L shaped metal rods made from a coat hanger and was just walking down the street one day - just walking straight. I noticed these rods would cross every so many feet then uncross. I realized they were crossing every time I passed under a street lamp.

There have been good dowsers with great track records finding water for wells and there have been many who aren't so good at it. Because of these inconsistencies and science's inability to measure and study this, they can't tell you anything definitive. Most hack pseudo scientists will ever go as far as to tell you dowsing is impossible because science can't prove it really works. This is unscientific.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hey Solar
LTNS!

Its not just static or etc... I became a believer in this in the late 80's. I was involved in that college parapsych group I talked about in chat several yrs ago.. and we tried out a "grave dowser" to walk a property we were being fed one story by the historical soc and being told another by the owners of the property. Id never heard of a grave dowser.. but got to see one locate 4 graves. I was thinking BS.. Im cold, its dark, Im not digging a hole.. but about 17 or 18 inches under the surface we found the stones where the dowser flagged it. Made a believer out of me.

When we bought several uncleared acres and were looking for a homesite on it yrs ago we used a " well witcher"... he was employed by the construction co we used for the well.. which he located that we had to drill 800 ft for... and the septic and etc.

Personally Im as psychic as this laptop and never had any luck with them ...using them myself. I stick to a regular metal detector. They work fine.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

If a stream of water can bend in such an "impossible" way because of a small amount of static, I don't see any reason why the "bend" can't happen at the stick-end of the equation.

Apples to parakeets, granite to cheese - inapt comparison here. It's not "impossible", it's totally predictable. However, there isn't a big static charge involved in dowsing. They don't call it "ground" for nothing.

WATCH also the video "Divining Rods and Electricity INFO"for more information...some theory about the "Divining Rod Phenomenon"

In which you'll see more bogus pseudoscience than you can stomach.

L-Rod moved only by the power of the EMField...confusing ? yes it is ...!!!

Apparently...

but quit interesting ...the signals where comes out of the ground can be detected cy electronic devices ....but is not simple to build it...it works like a passive radar...maybe you know this kind of detection...tectonic gaps got different electrical captures the the ground beside it....

Which signals might that be? "Passive radar?" Yeah, buddy.

pdf from nevada.usgs.gov...
nevada.usgs.gov...

Actually, if you read the article instead of cherry picking the bits and pieces in the intro part, you'll see he's weasel wording the entire thing and doesn't support dowsing at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I have the answer to this one!
Everything that flows produces an electromagnetic field. The rods are reacting to the field by crossing. It works for water pipes, electrical wires and anything else that "flows".
I actually do the activity with my Physics students when we discuss electromagnetism and they get really excited about it.

Oh, come now.

Moving charges produce a static magnetic field. But dowsing rods are rarely magnetic. And something like water that has quite limited free charge moving relatively slowly would defy even a sensitive magnetic sensor to detect the magnetic field produced, much less would it strongly rotate a rod held feet away.

A simple experiment many ATSers can make - put a glass or cup in the kitchen sink, move it around until it is near but not in the stream of water from the faucet when it's fully on. Put your cell phone into compass mode and sit it on top of the glass. (carefully) turn the water on and off so the stream passes near the phone. You won't see the compass twitch. The little magnetoresistive or Hall effect devices in the phones, which you have depends on the phone brand, is pretty sensitive. If a flow of water was generating enough of a magnetic field to physically torque a rod in your hand feet away, you'd expect to see something happen. You won't.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
i am totally a newbie in metal detectors. Have not manage to have my first try yet. But i did borrow a second hand underground metal detector from a friend. I can't wait for the day to turn fine..
www.detectorall.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Here's the rods I use. I've had the same pair for about 18 years.

No scam in the rods - only in the one handling them - if they chose to scam. I've found water, water pipes, lost jewelry, etc. I'm not making any claim to be as reliable as a metal detector, no. But - it's been pretty reliable I must say.

peace

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It is quite fun to read your story

I inherited dowsing rods that were in the family for quite some time, now i have passed them on to the youngest and taught her how to use them.
They are made out of one piece, we used them to find earth rays and ley lines.

Here is something to read.
geo.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I'm a greenhand treasure hunter. These days all I found are several unknown coins. Maybe they are left over during the second world war. Although they are not valuable, they are Very Memorable. If you want buy a metal detector, I got an used cheap metal detector for sale. Bought from detectorall. Underground Gold Treasure Metal Detector with 3.5 Meters Depth. Asked for $280. It has the function of distinguishing ferrous and non-ferrous metal. It used for detecting and identifying underground metals in fields of security inspection, public security organs ransack, scanning metal foreign matter in raw, fuel and foods. Since I've got another detector there, so I plan to sale the old one.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Once saw a Guy from the Water Board dowsing....Maybe that how he got the Job...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The Guardian has just made a new article on dowsing rods...
www.theguardian.com...

Apparently 10 out of the 12 water companies in the UK still use dowsing rods to some degree.
That alone makes me think they must work or at least have some uses?

Yet the article constantly reminds us there is NO scientific evidence to support that dowsing rods work and even claims dowsing rods are no better than 'chance' at finding water.

So why is this still a mystery? and why have the Guardian decided to create this article?
Do dowsing rods really work and TPTB what to misinform the people for some sinister reason?

The mystery continues...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I took metal coat hangers and bent them into L shapes. They work to detect signals or energies.
When they X theres a electric signal underground.
I used them to detect how my house may be infected by brain parasites.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join