It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rothschild heiress's marriage to Goldsmith scion is over, after she falls for a rapper called Jay E

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

When it comes to Money, anything's possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

When it comes to Money, anything's possible.

Almost anything, I don't think they have perfected a full body-head transplant just yet LOL. And then there is the condition of her brain, you can't fix stupid at least not yet, I don't think they've perfected an engram transplant or cerebral reprogramming system either. No that silly whacked out tart is done, she's pointless. Lines from the movie "The Sixth Sense" are running through my head as another poster mentioned unless of course she's past "breeding tank" age, then her handlers might light her play for a bit.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Yes? I didn't know people could choose where they were born at. There are good and bad people that live in the ghetto just like everywhere else.

Are you 12? Who would read a book that is filled with a guy whining about how much he hates hip hop? I couldn't read it all, I was horribly bored after three or four sentences.

"Rap is Crap. It be for the Black. It be Wack. I need a Snack!" Give that to some ghetto boy to "perform" and it might become a classic. Wow, I Wrote that? I must be Talented! I'm a Rap Star!

????

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Yes? I didn't know people could choose where they were born at. There are good and bad people that live in the ghetto just like everywhere else.

Are you 12? Who would read a book that is filled with a guy whining about how much he hates hip hop? I couldn't read it all, I was horribly bored after three or four sentences.

"Rap is Crap. It be for the Black. It be Wack. I need a Snack!" Give that to some ghetto boy to "perform" and it might become a classic. Wow, I Wrote that? I must be Talented! I'm a Rap Star!

????

Okay...

1. Re-read what I said. Ghetto and Rap. Mutually exclusive or not is up to you. I'm normally generalizing.

2. I'm not 12. Many times that number, actually, even if I don't act it or look it.

3. This is but one tiny fraction of one tiny chapter. There's far more whining in there about many more things. My (unpublished and unfinished) book is about my non-conformist life style and rather unique views (No, I'm not a fag!). It covers everything from the decades when I was bullied to my demented views on UFOs to my "Confessions of a Trekker" and more appropriate subject matter covered across ATS. You're acting like a lawyer taking a sentence out of context and building a case around it.

4. Yes, there is some sarcasm in there, if you read between the lines. But I won't insult the reader's intelligence.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
just letting you all know jay electronica has been posting on this site for years

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by catatafish

Not to start any trouble, you understand, of course But...

Is this statement meant to imply that we're suppose to change Our opinions because this guy supposedly hangs around here? As in that it wouldn't be politically correct or polite to go say thing which might go against the man's tastes, decisions, or directions?

Implying that I'm at least marginally correct in interpreting this much, this is one reason why I gave up contributing to certain long-running Star Trek message boards. Specifically those threads which featured "guest authors" making appearances. A "fan base" quickly develops and Any and Every element of constructive criticism from the participants there comes under fire because of the presence of the "celebrity"poster. Because any honest post which goes against the grain Might persuade our guest to stop participating and take a hike elsewhere. Can't have that. Eventually the moderator, who of course Wants our hero to contribute his/her "inside insights" finds any negative comment to be a "flame" and the person making it must either Apologize for his/her views or get the hell out. (I chose the latter, but only after a futile--yet short--waste of typing trying to defend my opinions!). In no time at all the thread becomes Extremely one-sided with everyone present being rabid fans who finds anything posted by the Celebrity God to be holy writ. She s/he write a new book and ask everyone present their opinions on it, you can probably imagine how ridiculously flattering that would be! You know, 10 out of 10, greatest thing since the Bible, instant classic... Even if, in reality, it's the must banal, mundane, worthless, incomplete piece-of-crap ever to see print.

This is why I stay the hell away from die hard Trek (and related) websites. I can only tolerate fanatics and geeks up to a point. And it gets far worse when the people who run them are even bigger idiots.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by catatafish
just letting you all know jay electronica has been posting on this site for years

if he is reading...then i want to say..

Nukka, your lyrics are deep, your flow is tight...your "better than the avarage" ....actually i was really surprised, i really liked it....but heres a pointer

to make this "illuminati" thing work....your image needs to be slick and mysterious.....pink and purple tops wont work....

also, not many people like this sort of thing, but they watch it because they are "interested"...so dont spill it that much, subtly do it.....they will look harder,,,,"loud as a whisper, quiet as a lions roar"...

i could go on...as i like you as a hiphop artist.
new fan here

peace

hold on are YOU jay???

edit on 5-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: MY NUTZ ACHED

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
there is one that all evil fears. and if you stand beside Him, they'll fear you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Just because you wrote a book.

It does not mean you're a writer.

You know nothing about rap music.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

How can anyone in their right mind fall for a Rap "artist" least of all a Rothschild who HAS money?

You could not pay me to Listen to "Rap" sh!t much less associate with the lowest of the low, those born of the ghetto who run with the street gangs and cater to them.

its not about "falling for" in this case i feel, think of it like "hey i've been given everything i've wanted in my life at the snap of a finger, now i want one of those".
these people dont live and breath like us, there concept of reality is nothing like ours. it's like that saying " i reject your reality and choose to accept my own.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
They are casting his cement shoes as we speak.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

How can anyone in their right mind fall for a Rap "artist" least of all a Rothschild who HAS money?

You could not pay me to Listen to "Rap" sh!t much less associate with the lowest of the low, those born of the ghetto who run with the street gangs and cater to them.

its not about "falling for" in this case i feel, think of it like "hey i've been given everything i've wanted in my life at the snap of a finger, now i want one of those".
these people dont live and breath like us, there concept of reality is nothing like ours. it's like that saying " i reject your reality and choose to accept my own.

I've said the same thing about those elite Hollywood types, but I guess this is a step above that life even.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Do I have to be a gun-toting, tattooed freak who runs in a gang to "understand" Rap?

I know how Rap "music" has affected me. I know my true feelings. I know music in general (despite not Being a musician) having listened to a variety all my life. And above all else, I'm being Honest about what I write about.
I also don't have to be a Christian to write about Christianity. Or a Vampire to write about blood-suckers.

While I might not be a snooty elite who flows with trends and fashions, I do know good art and Talent.
You won't find any good art or talent in Rap. It's strictly the lowest of the low, kept alive by the like and certain persons who feed off of the gutter. I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself. My excerpt sums the situation up perfectly. The real shame in the whole cesspool is how today's Blacks are Doing This To Themselves, literally digging their own graves towards racial segregation more extreme and more devious than anything the KKK could have devised on their own. You see, it's not called Blaxploitation anymore, not when they do it to Themselves and long enough for it to become the Expected Norm. But you can't tell them this of course.

But, hey, you've said it yourself. I'm not a writer and I know nothing about Rap.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Do I have to be a gun-toting, tattooed freak who runs in a gang to "understand" Rap?

I know how Rap "music" has affected me. I know my true feelings. I know music in general (despite not Being a musician) having listened to a variety all my life. And above all else, I'm being Honest about what I write about.
I also don't have to be a Christian to write about Christianity. Or a Vampire to write about blood-suckers.

While I might not be a snooty elite who flows with trends and fashions, I do know good art and Talent.
You won't find any good art or talent in Rap. It's strictly the lowest of the low, kept alive by the like and certain persons who feed off of the gutter. I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself. My excerpt sums the situation up perfectly. The real shame in the whole cesspool is how today's Blacks are Doing This To Themselves, literally digging their own graves towards racial segregation more extreme and more devious than anything the KKK could have devised on their own. You see, it's not called Blaxploitation anymore, not when they do it to Themselves and long enough for it to become the Expected Norm. But you can't tell them this of course.

But, hey, you've said it yourself. I'm not a writer and I know nothing about Rap.

You sir, are a jackass ^^

Now, let me remind you something. You saying rap has no talent and is not artistic is well.. an opinion (yours ofcourse). You saying you know what talent is is well.. an opinion (once again yours..and apparently your talent isn't comprehending this but hey.. that's my opinion ^^) You say rap music is for the lowest of the low, meaning that you are BETTER than anyone who does enjoy this music is well.. an opinion (my my my very opinionated aren't we?)

Now. The worst part about it is while you are spewing your "knowledge" of what's talent, your also trying to sound smart.

I would have respected you much more if you talked like this " man rap music sucks i aint playin, i mean forreal wht talent is even in rap music????"

See you say rap music is to blame for all discrimination against blacks and that they are doing it to themselves.. But let me let you in on a little secret.. *racism will exist for as long as you let it exist

But hey.. All of this was just an opinion

Except for the jackass part.. I'm pretty sure that one is fact.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow. I don't even listen to rap/hip-hop regularly and even I'm offended.

Really dude, step down from your soapbox. I find it really hard to believe that any genre of music has affected you in any significant way - and if it has then it's you're own fault. Music can always be turned off. If a certain culture wants to play that music loudly, then your issue is with that culture - not with the genre of music.

But I don't know why I'm even replying. As soon as someone claims 'I know good talent and good art' I stop listening. You may know what you like, but when it comes to art; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There are many people who appreciate the art behind the work of someone like Snoop or Dre. You may not like the genre, but if you can't appreciate the art behind it then that's your loss.
edit on 7-6-2012 by TheStev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Wow. I don't even listen to rap/hip-hop regularly and even I'm offended.

Really dude, step down from your soapbox. I find it really hard to believe that any genre of music has affected you in any significant way - and if it has then it's you're own fault. Music can always be turned off. If a certain culture wants to play that music loudly, then your issue is with that culture - not with the genre of music.

But I don't know why I'm even replying. As soon as someone claims 'I know good talent and good art' I stop listening. You may know what you like, but when it comes to art; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There are many people who appreciate the art behind the work of someone like Snoop or Dre. You may not like the genre, but if you can't appreciate the art behind it then that's your loss.
edit on 7-6-2012 by TheStev because: (no reason given)

Thank god someone with half a brain commented after me!

I applaud you dear sir. I really do.

I like rap but not for the same reasons why other people listen to rap music.

The song that describes my life right now is Dear anne by lil wayne.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Yes, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I'm not saying Rap is the cause of Racism, only that it is Contributing to it. It is associated with street gangs and all that goes with them.

How can you have a Song with One Note? That is Rap.
In short, again I'm repeating myself from my original post, it's ghetto poetry recited with a Beat in the background. No real Singling required, no real singing Voice required. I won't bother getting into the implications of the so-called Lyrics of so-called songs. I will say that no musical talent whatsoever is required to Rap; you don't even have to be able to read sheet music. If the words aren't annoying enough that mind-numbing Beat pounding over and over and over and over again IS, and in many cases it's Painful because it's played loud to compensate for its failings. Rather like having to listen to a jackhammer or some other noise machine.

I never said I was "better" than anyone else here. And you don't have to call me an Asshole because of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi

Thank god someone with half a brain commented after me!

I applaud you dear sir. I really do.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

Yeah, you and your friend who just happens to post right after you (within 10 minutes) to back you up.
I won't insult your intelligence about what that's implying.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
No, but you insult me by implying that we're somehow in cahoots and out to get you. It's a big forum mate, and I've never seen Pelvi post before. We just happen to agree with each other about your attitude.

You are absolutely implying you are better than other people by saying that what you consider to be 'good art' is the universal truth - rather than just your opinion on a particular art-form. And not only are you saying 'the things I don't like are bad art' you're saying 'the things I don't like are not art at all' That implies that your opinions are more right than the opinions of others.

it's ghetto poetry

Yep, it sure is. What do you have against poetry? Is poetry not art? Much of electronic uses the same sampled compositions, using loops and samples from previously released music. Yet you don't seem to take issue with electronica (which is also often played loudly) Is it just the fact that there is poetry over it that makes it 'not art'? Or is it the thematic content of that poetry?

You surely must see the ridiculousness of being opposed to a certain genre of music because of the volume it is often played at? Obviously if you don't like a certain style of music - the louder it's played the more annoying it is going to be. That doesn't speak to the redeeming qualities of the genre itself.

I can't stand the sound of yodelling. And if someone played it loud that would annoy the hell out of me. But I'm not going to say that yodelling isn't an art-form because of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

You're saying that I'm implying that I'm somehow better than everyone. I'm saying that you're mistaken.
My opinion stands for my opinion alone and is based upon my own experiences in and exposure to the music industry spanning decades.

Poetry is not Music. That is the entire point I'm making.
I'm saying it usually is played lout to compensate for its many failings--because, again, it's not technically Music.

But if you really want me to act "better than everyone" let me get into the sophisticated lecture mode:
Rap "Music" is not music but it is a cleverly marketed euphemism disguised to give the obnoxious noise societal legitimacy. Describing the (disenchanting) chanting of "Rap Music" as singing or as music is indeed (in either case) a capitol misnomer. Real Music is the careful arrangement of organized sounds in the form of notes that then result in a smooth blend of rhythm, tone, and pitch that when united, is quite pleasing to the ear. Rap is not music. The unpleasant-sounding horror is chaotic dissonance and certainly not elegant consonance. Rap is veritable noise pollution that is tastelessly amplified from a cumbersome boom box. Generally speaking, unlike Black soul music and traditional Black rhythm and blues, Rap is both heartless and soulless. Standard love songs show respect and consideration for a member of the opposite gender but most contemporary Rap lyrics promote a hedonistic "me first" ghetto survival theme that is cruelly perpetuated upon its afflicted listening audience. When Rap "songs" first appeared I believed that the clamorous nonsense would be another fad phenomena...but unfortunately the dunce-like Rap lyrics herald the worst elements of society and the brazen inflammatory words glamorize sex, drugs, random and deliberate violence--and gang intimidation themes that through-and-through reek with sexism, racism and the glorification of the ghetto mentality. In most Rap song themes the dysfunctional dregs of the inner city are elevated to hero status while the "entertainers" sound like disgruntled grunting angry contemporary cavemen who are advocating the downfall of "White America" with vitriolic words expressing rage, rebellion and social revolution. This expansion of the "easy-money anti-establishment ghetto mentality" is fueling resentment and hostility among "disenfranchised" inner city youth as well as contaminating the gullible and vulnerable minds of suburban teens. But the entire reprehensible "in progress" brainwashing technique that Rap "Music" demonstrably utilizes is both a sham and a canard that
is trafficking affected teens down a treacherous One-Way-Street that leads only to a permanent lackluster socio-economic cul-de-sac. What a pathetic and ignoble social disaster!

In the ‘50s and early ‘60s black rhythm and blues imaginatively captured the hopes, the dreams, the ideals and the aspirations of both white and black teens as portrayed in the quality music of Chuck Berry and Fats Domino. Early black music was a unifying force in America. True, Little Richard’s music was a tad rebellious but it was not downright dirty, immoral or degrading like modern rap is. The early ‘50s black artists’ songs paralleled the dreams of both white and black America and the entire country was basically on the same musical wavelength.

And then this constructive and positive racial parallelism continued into the early ‘60s with the establishment of Detroit’s Motown where both black and white society shared a common interest in radio renditions of the ideal boyfriend, the ideal girlfriend, the ideal teen relationship and the music beneficially emphasized the stability that typical teenage romance provided. The Temptations, the Supremes, the Shirelles, the Marvelettes, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, Mary Wells, Smokey Robinson, The Four Tops and Martha and the Vandellas all espoused “civilized relationships” between males and females and their songs genuinely advanced the perpetuation of commonalities in our great American culture.

Ironically white performers were very instrumental in contributing to the origins of “Rap Music.” Certainly Blondie’s Debbie Harry’s classic rendition of “Rapture” and the Beastie Boys’ amusing “Fight For the Right To Party” preceded the appearance of more radical rappers like Vanilla Ice and Eminem. And M.C. Hammer’s unique song “Can’t Touch This!” gave Rap a happy monicker and the lively tune showed both versatility and great potential for the development of new sounds in the recording industry. But then Run DMC, Public Enemy, Ludacris (Whatever happened to standard spelling?), 50 Cent (Whatever happened to the idea of plural usage in English grammar? I mean, I’ve heard of one cent!) and oh yes, Eminem and other rappers gradually emerged and began shouting and ranting words that featured intimidation, class conflict, hatred of authority

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join