It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Shot In The Dark: What Does It Mean, If Anything?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
okay dream interpreters of ATS...UNITE!!

kidding.
I am curious, however, to gain anyone else's perspective on the strange dream I had last night.
I usually have your normal, run-of-the-mill dreams that make no sense whatsoever, and most of them are recurring dreams of the same nonsensical subject matter. Most of which I have yet to understand why I keep dreaming over and over.

However, last night in the middle of a REM dreaming session there was a loud cracking BANG, like a shot in the dark, reverberating, sudden and ear-splitting loud. Like the sound made when lightening strikes, but without the residual thunder.
I immediately opened my eyes, fully awake and looked over at my window, expecting to see it shattered, along with portions of the sheetrock around it. But there was nothing, not even a shadow. I looked at the clock and it was 3:30-something...I recall noting the exact minute, but as of this morning the precise minute is lost in my subconcious somewhere. If I had to guess, I would say 3:35, 36 or 37. Anyway, as soon as I registered the time I immediately heard the horn of a train, which was blown just once and it's brief rumbling passage.

We live very close to a rural train crossing, so we usually hear the horn blown a minimum of 2 or 3 times, and always long before the train ever reaches close enough for us to hear the rumbling. I also noted the briefness of its passage. The shortest I've ever heard, tens of seconds at the most. All this is only if we ever even notice hearing it at all, as it is part of our daily life and is all but background noise at this point. Which means, we never wake up from the sound of a train passing. If anything, the soulful sound of a train makes me want to go take a nap.

The time this occurred was central American time. The night sky was clear, not a cloud to be seen. No reports this morning of anything being hit by a train in this area.
Also of note, I can't recall what I was dreaming about since waking up this morning except that there was an ominous presence in my dream and it seems as soon as I became fully aware of its presence in my dream, was when I heard the loud shot which immediately ended the dream.

Also, a few days ago I had a dream about some anthropomorphic shaped being playing a bugle or something. I remember looking towards it off in the distance while making the connection in my mind that whatever was playing out in my dream was somehow connected to the horn being blown. I have no recollection of what I was dreaming about, but it was something normal and mundane, nothing sensational or particularly out of the ordinary. That was one of the reasons I thought it strange that the whatever-it-was was blaring that loud-ass horn at that particular moment. I remember thinking in my dream to see if I could connect what was going on in my dream with what is supposed to be taking place when the Biblical trumpets are being blown in Revelation. But since I have no recollection whatsoever of what was taking place in my dream, I am unable to do so.

Did anyone else experience this noise around the same time that would be equivalent to mine?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

No i haven't heard any loud cracking noises like lighting striking or any trumpets being blown but some people claim they have evidence of shofar like noises being heard in places around the world but wether or not those are hoaxes, who knows? I haven't heard anything like that in my neck of the woods.

I don't know if the trumpets will be a physical occurence or spiritual one.

I don't usually remember my own dreams, very rarely do i ever remember them.

I did have one dream once where i was surrounded by demons or fallen angels that were closing in on me for the kill and then I shouted "JESUS!" and pulled in all the air around me and let go a concussive blast that sent them all flying away and the rocks exploded around me like the rippling of a pond. The place was barren where we were fighting, nothing but volcanic rocks, like i was fighting on earth after the earth was first created and had cooled down.

join