It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain Clouds (I don't know how else I can describe them) in Chile.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Valparaiso is probably one of the places of Chile well known by our members, since last big earthquake in that area.

Yesterday Mother Nature gave this beautiful city in the Pacific Ocean coast a new look. It lasted a couple of hours, during that time, it looked like the Andes were right there (which is not true).

Again, these are not mountains, just clouds. According to the info, seems it never happened before. Maybe Puterman can give us a description of the phenomena.

www.lun.com...

edit on 3-6-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Now that looks really cool.

Awesome picture.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yeah, but probably it also made crap in the pants some of the people there too. Too bad we got only one photo right?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by Manhater

Yeah, but probably it also made crap in the pants some of the people there too. Too bad we got only one photo right?

Don't you just love the high level of intellectual thought found in comments on ATS? Really stimulates the brain into thinking about other areas about the general run of humanity..

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
that really is neat. i'm curious if anyone knows how clouds form like that.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Sure I'm curious too. I really hope our gurus show up soon with a good explanation. They are at least more reliable than regular channels.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

probably the same as this: www.facebook.com...

not sure if that link will work...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The look like Cumulonimbus clouds that have been shaped by wind .

Still an awesome sight though

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

That was basically what I was going to say, or rather that the clouds were sheared by one (or more) layer/layers of air moving over another - it looks like there are multiple shears.

Unusual perhaps, but clouds are never the same twice due to all the variables involved. One of the reasons clouds and atmospheric phenomena are so interesting IMO.

top topics

join