It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrounding Yourself with Beauty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Here are some pics that I thought you might like. I think that sometimes we can get too caught up in the miseries of the world and lose sight of what it really means to be human - and that is to experience all the wonders and beauty that this planet and this life have to offer. Like that old cliche - if you're feeling miserable or stressed out then go to your happy place. This could be in your imagination or an actual place. My happy place is my home in nature where I am surrounded by beauty and loving energy.

Andrew Gonzalez

Bahai Temple - Delhi

Anish Kapoor Sculpture

My Home

Peace Out - Namaste

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
We tend to view the mind as a kind of thick grey mist that things get lost in. If the mind is viewed that way, it can seem a daunting task to try to find beauty in the world.

In Eastern philosophy, the mind is viewed like a diamond. Hard, transparent, which can cut glass. If you allow your mind to be a jewel, like a diamond, then your mind will reflect the beauty of the world, and by proxy, you become the beauty in the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
When one thinks about it it becomes readily apparent that all humans are in search of and striving for only 2 basic things: Security and Beauty.
Once our physical needs are met we begin looking for ways to surround ourselves with beauty, either through creating it ourselves or by using money as a medium of exchange to purchase it.
Why do people obsess over money? What is it they are trying to gain? - a beautiful mate, house, furnishings, etc. We take vacations to places of natural beauty seeking rest within it's boundaries. We get plastic surgery, dental work, go on diets and buy clothing for the same reasons. We find it comforting and liberating in it's symmetry and sublime power.

Our greatest failure is in failing to find that beauty within the everyday experience and to see it in others. If we did we could embrace all people and experience as aspects of the divine which would destroy the current power structures within society.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My favorite one is the one titled "My Home"! That is breathtaking to me!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hilarious thread filled with delusional people.

Beauty this, beauty that...

Ow wait, people have to leave their intelligence at the door with topics such as these...sorry, I'll revert to my animal instincts

And the picture with the veiled woman...disgusting if you think oppression is beautiful. But as usual, intelligence is far sought with hippie-type of people such as yourselves.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Thanks - that is actually my home. I feel blessed to be able to live in such a place.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

that is how u can recognize liars, liar by definition say nothing or the opposite to what he knows existing bc by definition a liar is against truth, more then the fact that his intention while saying is to lie

i bet they must b torturing some right livings while forcing them to b slaves service as torture exploitation value, to pretend governing by meaning beauty for u

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
Beauty this, beauty that...

...Beauty wearing a green hat.

join