It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails can change the weather (news report 1980's)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I find this both fascinating and frightening. Fascinating because there was such an innocence back then and frightening because we realize now the true caliber of our governments.

I always held my ground that regardless if what we're seeing today is nefarious in design (aerosol spraying) or
virtuous but too many, this phenomenon is no doubt changing our weather. There will come a point in time when they'll look back and notice all the dangerous and primitive ways we treated our planet with such little regard.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Wait a minute! Are you saying that people saw contrails back in the 1980s? I thought they didn't exist until the 1990s. Oh, wait... that's just what chemtrailers want you to think. Thanks for posting this, I'll use it the next time someone asks for proof that there were contrails back then.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
So chemtrail deniers were right all along! Chemtrails don't change the weather...

It was the contrails!

Good find!

edit on 3-6-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
So chemtrail deniers were right all along! Chemtrails don't change the weather...

It was the contrails!

Good find!

edit on 3-6-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

That's my point of posting this. It doesn't matter what side of the argument you're on.

Chemtrail believers (which I am on the fence about) feel we're being sprayed with chemicals. That might be true however, regardless what's IN the trails, they are effecting our weather.

If our automobiles were creating this type of effect, you KNOW they'd pass legislation to modify our emissions and at OUR cost!!!
So why isn't the same being done here? How is this okay?

Also, I will not believe science doesn't have the technology to reduce or change the long lasting effects of these vapor trails that are undoubtedly putting our planet at risk!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Wait a minute! Are you saying that people saw contrails back in the 1980s? I thought they didn't exist until the 1990s. Oh, wait... that's just what chemtrailers want you to think.

Yeah because people with theories try to push peoples agenda on people lol.

It's like you guys are arguing over something small like an explanation. The important part it the # is happening and everyone just lets it. By the time you silly people are done wanting to be right we will all be dead.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

Well I don't know if we will die because of it (maybe generations down the road will) but it's absolutely effecting vegetation and probably wildlife

I personally feel they're doing this on purpose. I'm just not convinced they're all laced with chemicals. I think there's a reason why everyone is turning their backs and are allowing the debates to continue on without being addressed officially.

We know there's geoengineering. Hell, ATS even has their own category for that. So that much we know.

So if they acknowledged innocent contrails 30 years ago AND they're purposefully trying to control our weather then what the hell AREN'T they telling us? That's the frightening part of the whole thing to me!!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

The important part it the # is happening and everyone just lets it.

So what is happening, and who is everybody that is letting this happen?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

We know there's geoengineering. Hell, ATS even has their own category for that. So that much we know.

Just because there is a category that says geoengineering that doesn't prove it is happening now, but don't forget it is in the same category as chemtrails and we all know the truth about them.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Swamper

The important part it the # is happening and everyone just lets it.

So what is happening, and who is everybody that is letting this happen?

Why must you posture yourself up for a debate?
At MINIMUM, it's effecting our weather. So address that and stop looking for opposing controversy all the time please.
After all, we're all in this together!

The theme of this thread is CONTRAILS are effecting our weather. Period.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Just because there is a category that says geoengineering that doesn't prove it is happening now, but don't forget it is in the same category as chemtrails and we all know the truth about them.

Okay tsurfer2000h. You gotta point. No one has publicly taken the podium to tell us it's happening.
But here's a suggestion: stop waiting for official acknowledgment. Governments are not like that anymore. There are no more fireside chats!
They're more clandestine (you know, because of security reasons) than ever before. They don't trust us as much as we don't trust them.

They originally want(ed) to modify the weather for use as weather warfare........NOT so southern California will get more rain.
So no one will ever tell us 'it's up and running now'. And if you think HAARP is just studying our ionosphere then there's some lovely swamp land you might be interested in investing in here in Florida.

Stop waiting for the idiot-box and all media to THINK for you.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
So no one will ever tell us 'it's up and running now'.

So how do you know it's up and running?

What's the evidence?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by Human_Alien
So no one will ever tell us 'it's up and running now'.

So how do you know it's up and running?

What's the evidence?

My sky!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Despite the fact that the video you "found" has been posted elsewhere on ATS already (cannot recall exactly where, perhaps someone else remembers?), did you actually listen to what John Chancellor said, or just jump at the title added to the video by the person who posted it to YouTube?

At merely the first :20 seconds or so, Mr. Chancellor mentions the *theory* that the contrails might "...be changing our weather for the better...."

So, why the "fuss" and "dire predictions" in the Opening Post?

Oh, and be sure to jump to at least point 1:00, and listen very, very carefully there, too.

Finally, of course, this video (from 1980, recall) completely destroys the silly "chemtrail" meme, doesn't it??

Paraphrasing a quote: "Contrails are water vapor...." Technically not accurate.....when one wishes o be too pedantic RE: their definition. But, water vapor is the genesis of a contrail.....and the primary original component. The water vapor has frozen into water ice crystals, of varying sizes, and this is what becomes visible (since *everyone* already knows that water vapor is an invisible gas, correct?).

By the way, *others* will attempt to 'argue' that the turbine engine exhaust contains other components besides water vapor....which is true. BUT, this fact is the situation at ALL times when the turbine engine is running, and burning its fuel! In fact, the turbine engine pollutes the most when on the ground, and during takeoff and early climb, at lower altitudes....and when arriving to land.

The modern engine is most efficient, and cleaner burning, when at high power settings, at high altitudes, in normal cruise flight regimes....which, ironically, it the only place that contrails will form!!!

edit on 3-6-2012 by PluPerfect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They originally want(ed) to modify the weather for use as weather warfare........NOT so southern California will get more rain.

So you have a link to back this comment up with right?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Why must you posture yourself up for a debate? At MINIMUM, it's effecting our weather. So address that and stop looking for opposing controversy all the time please.

So i see if it doesn't agree with you it is not up for debate?

Okay then I will address it and again I still would like to see any evidence that you can provide that can back up your claims. And until you can do that get used to others looking for opposing what you call controversy.

So can you address that?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Why would they wan't to change the weather when HAARP can do this anyway?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

It's not affecting my weather...

So they cant be geo-engineering, since geo is a prefix for earth and they're not spraying the entire planet, are they? Which is what one geo-engineering method proposes...mimic a large volcanic eruption.

So currently, it should be called "only along busy flight routes and only when the correct atmospheric conditions are abundant-engineering"

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's worse than you thought - they were doing it 35 years before that 1980 news report -

Contrails affect English weather in 1944

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join