It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.0+ Quake Prediction next 36 hours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What you are describing is a statistical prediction based upon past data, so plot it out using statistical analysis to show correlation, ignoring what you suspect. That will certainly give it some scientific legs.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
What you are describing is a statistical prediction based upon past data, so plot it out using statistical analysis to show correlation, ignoring what you suspect. That will certainly give it some scientific legs.

I agree, that would be a good scientific approach, unfortunately I operate a lot from my right brain.

6.6 just now in Panama, but global activity is still quiet. I think the tension is still building. Expecting something now on the other side of the pacific.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

I agree, that would be a good scientific approach, unfortunately I operate a lot from my right brain.

6.6 just now in Panama, but global activity is still quiet. I think the tension is still building. Expecting something now on the other side of the pacific.

Peace Out

That is cool, but if you are correct, being able to describe it in a white paper can earn you a chip in the game. It is hard to put your right brain on paper....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
PuterMan

No they are not. There are on average only 15 a year so the chances are not great in a 36 hour period.

Is that your personal opinion or something established? Pin all the locations mentioned by the OP on a map, it's covers a lot of the seismic areas, surely it's a good bet.

I would have said it was an observation rather than a prediction, and as an observation it is not incorrect on current data and of course the fact that a

Right, the problem is title of the thread : "7.0+ Quake Prediction next 36 hours", not "Observation...."

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

OK this is the first time I've gone out on a limb like this and my science is probably shakey at best, so treat this prediction as you will.

I have been watching the major quake data for the last 24 months on a few different web-sites and have noticed some what of a pattern with the USGS site. Concentrating only on the world quake map, with its set paramaters of showing quakes 2.5 and over for USA / 4.5 and over for other countries, I have noticed that when the number of quakes fall below 180, then a big one is normally not far away. As I write this that number is at 171 so this is very much in the critical zone.

I sure hope that if something does happen it's a 7.0 not a 9.0 and not located near a built up area.

Peace Out

Just read that there was a 6.6 quake (in Jamaca I think) So that falls in your 36 hour window (just thought that some of the naysayers should know)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

Thanks Steve for the comment. I don't think this 6.6 is the one though. My spidey senses are still tingling. Could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Peace Out

Well I think I have the right to be a bit smug now, considering the unwarranted criticism I got just after posting

6.1 in Indonesia 30 minutes ago.

Still got 12 hours left on my prediction. Would expect some more sizable activity before the clock runs out.

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well, I think there will be a bigger quake before the seventh of June and another around the 23rd-26th.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i actually have a betting pool going........my dates are June 9th/July 10th give or take a day/ Aug 2-7

Location? south pacific or Syrian region

And yes i am aware that I live in a quake zone.......just want it to do its thing already.

Im givin 3 to 1...and 7 to 1 on the long shots.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
i actually have a betting pool going........my dates are June 9th/July 10th give or take a day/ Aug 2-7

Location? south pacific or Syrian region

And yes i am aware that I live in a quake zone.......just want it to do its thing already.

Im givin 3 to 1...and 7 to 1 on the long shots.

earthquake gambling = awesome

I'll go with Syria in August

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
perhaps you should base some of your predictions using concepts or ideas presented in these video's I've been a proponent of...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join