It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian president: 'We are facing a war from abroad'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
The problem with Islam is
If you say anything about their prophet
They get angry, really angry

Yeah. They probably are a little pissed about the whole "West invading their land for decades and killing their children and raping their resources'. But it's certain far more in line with western propaganda to claim their entirely-justified anger is just irrational religious sentiment.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Assad's ultimate fate will be Qaddafi's - an extremely unpleasant one. And one well deserved. His days are numbered.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
This place confuses me. In the US everything the Government says is wrong and everything that comes from alternative news places is right. When it comes to Syria, everything the Syrian regime says is right and everything that comes from the rebels on thousands of alterantive news sites, blogs, social media is all wrong. At ATS everyone thinks the US/NATO is making the entire thing happen so they can invade, while in the rest of the world the US/NATO are being called out for doing nothing.

When the US refers to some home grown anti goverment groups as terrorists ATS declares them freedom fighters. When Syria does the same ATS agrees completely. Who knew ATS was so pro Goverment and a dictatorship at that. Very interesting.
edit on 3-6-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

I agree with your post to a certain point.

The 'rebels' in Syria and Libya are/were trained Sleeper cell agents.
Not all but some. Weapons were transferred so that a 'real' uprising of Syrian civilians could partake and do the heavy fighting in the urban centres.
It's a combination of factors but all the while being played from an external vantage point.

Libya evidence.

Anti-Qaddafi forces have continued to have considerable help from U.S. and NATO aerial surveillance and airstrikes against government targets, but Sunday's march into the capital represented a closely coordinated plan by NATO, the insurgents, and secretly-armed residents of Tripoli.

A senior rebel official, Fathi al-Baja, told The Associated Press that over the past three months - as the fighting appeared to have stalemated - the National Transitional Council worked with NATO to set up sleeper cells within Tripoli, armed with weapons smuggled in by the rebels.

American rebels, the ones preparing to fight the government are justified as freedom fighters, but not quite yet.
They need the backing of a slight majority within the populace, and evidence of American government crimes.
edit on 3-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

Killing of those civilians in Syria looks like a 3rd party act.

Pogroms are in action ; that is what is happening in Syria .

That third party is Assad's Shabiba. Do a little bit of research on them, their atrocities are well documented.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Yeah, there are Jihadis fighting alongside the rebels, and that sucks.

jihadis?? wtf.....if they are....then tell them isreal is the other way!!! lolol..pure bunk

do you think they are muslims because their tapes always have a voice over saying "allah akbar"...i think its fake..as it happens every time....

and what muslim attacks his state and people...?? what muslim OR ANY person of faith murder children....???

assads army has been there for years...they chose this week to kill their civilians???

it just seems like poeple will lap up any lie
edit on 3-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yeah Assad your getting all your weapons from Russia and Iran that is allowing you to kill your own people!!

Carry on.
edit on 3-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

The powers that be are thinking the road from Damascus leads to Tehran. They want Iran to attack SOMEBODY so they can attack Iran. They want it so bad they can taste it so "by deceit shall they do war" and they can't seem to see that nobody's going to scatter flowers at their feet this time either. The US troops are awake. The allies are awake. Everybody's awake. Well, except maybe a few Americans.

edit on 3-6-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

The powers that be are thinking the road from Damascus leads to Tehran.

i have a kurdish friend who said that....the kurds have cleared the way for isreali tanks in northern iraq....now, they need to get through certain parts of syria...
interesting...something to watch...

peace
edit on 3-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

That's the first time I've ever been told I think like a Kurd.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

This place confuses me. In the US everything the Government says is wrong and everything that comes from alternative news places is right. When it comes to Syria, everything the Syrian regime says is right and everything that comes from the rebels on thousands of alterantive news sites, blogs, social media is all wrong. At ATS everyone thinks the US/NATO is making the entire thing happen so they can invade, while in the rest of the world the US/NATO are being called out for doing nothing.

When the US refers to some home grown anti goverment groups as terrorists ATS declares them freedom fighters. When Syria does the same ATS agrees completely. Who knew ATS was so pro Goverment and a dictatorship at that. Very interesting.

How right you are !

Keep in mind , it's easier to run off at the mouth , rather than actulay researching something for ones own self . And if there is a charismatic mouth piece edging them and there inflated beliefs on then all hope for independent thinking is lost to group thought .

See being a sheep works both ways , to bad that is more than often lost , once again to some talking head making one feel good about there " spicale " understanding .

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yeah Assad your getting all your weapons from Russia and Iran that is allowing you to kill your own people!!

Carry on

funny that...did you know that in the 90s ..iran was flooded with american weapons...so they can fight iraq....
iraqis...were using russian weapons.....but the funny thing was...iraq represented america..and iran represented russia..weird!

plus hes not taking weapons to fight his people...he had plenty of that sort of weaponary....hes collecting artillary to fight the inevitable war with isreal... tank busters etc....

just saying...deny ignorance lads

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

That's the first time I've ever been told I think like a Kurd.

yea but theyv been duped....they think that by siding withh isreal they will get their country back.....

but that would mean they would need to fight turkey?? as their land is in iran iraq syria and turkey

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

How many times does that make it that they've been duped? That's why I was laughing. I know its not funny, but sometimes ....

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by 23432

Killing of those civilians in Syria looks like a 3rd party act.

Pogroms are in action ; that is what is happening in Syria .

That third party is Assad's Shabiba. Do a little bit of research on them, their atrocities are well documented.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

It is a counterproductive move and if it's a Shabiba's doing , then it seems Shabiba has been infiltrated .

Shouldn't there be a satellite footage of the area somewhere I wonder ?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have never been to Syria. There are two different narratives at the least.
But I think I am intelligent enough to compare narratives.
Assad - I don't believe him at all. Sorry. Plus, foreign troops are already fighting for him - how's that for the supposed moral superiority his words seem to imply?

If this is a truly internal matter, why invite Iranians into it?

A book by a Syrian doctor here in Europe has documented the state terror spun by his minority rule party which is similar to Stalinist dictatorships. It is not something that could be invented. If even thirty percent of that is true, nay, if even ten percent, Assad and his party should all go to jail and someone else should be elected to lead Syria. Someone the majority of Syrians want.

Whatever Assad is saying just lacks concrete stories, believable narratives, it is something a Soviet general could have said around the time of the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. Foreign troops and terrorists... Sure.

Practically speaking, it would take enormous resources and training to activate "sleeper cells" that take hundreds of thousands to the streets to fight an oppressive regime. Which, as the Syrian author say, has already got to the point where children were massacred for mere political remarks.

When the people wanted to apologize to the government security forces for their arrested children's behavior, they were told: "Don't worry about your children, they are all dead. We can provide you with new children if you let us use your women."

That is the kind of thing that drove Syrians to revolt.

The only thing that would prove to me that Assad is correct were if he let Syria have a free election supervised by international monitors and willing to step down and face rigorous examinations of his alleged crimes. Well, tough luck. This guy does not even let foreign journalists see what is happening. Either he is totally out of touch with the world now, or he is a bona fide bloody dictator - and I for one think it is the latter.

At least in Lybia you could say Kadhafi did help a lot of Lybians to lead comfortable lives and he did many useful things such as watering the desert. However, I am simply suspicious of anybody that has to have giant posters of him in every town. Something just cannot be right there...

Yes, I am suspicious of geopolitical motivations as well as oil grabs and other stuff by the West. However, it could well be that this is the lesser of the two evils.

The way the West intervened in several wars where civil oppression was the call for war was bad and impractical - bombing. It did not work in the Balkans either.
Plus, Bush Jr. spoiled any moral superiority the West had with his imperialistic wars on Iraq and Afghanistan.
If you generalize though, and think that everything is always wrong that is started by Western powers - you may help some really unpleasant Middle Eastern cockroaches to power instead of having Arab democracies.

One thing many eyewitnesses say is that Iranian troops and Hezbollah uniforms were present at the worst atrocities. So how's that for foreign intervention by Assad against his own people?

I recommend you study the history of Alawites. Alawite families (a minority that is closer to the Iranian line of Shi'ite Islam) mostly have members in the security forces, the secret police or the military or all three.

That is pretty much like a tribal thing.
Syria has a Sunni majority. That is the issue. If they were a democracy, they had a majority Sunni government with some elected Alawites in Parliament to make sure their minority is not persecuted or discriminated against. That is just not the case. They are in ruling positions everywhere, backed by Iran and Russia.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

This isn't Irony.

Its Blatant hypocrisy.

Star,on top of the many others you have and should have.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You take out Assad and his regrime and you have a clear path to Iran. Taking out Assad also equates to pulling the plug of Hizbollah.

This news article is not running through MSM, happened the other day:

www.debka.com...

Imagine what the CIA & Mossad can do with these bozos that have been taken captive by Syrian rebels......

Got the hint?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A primary how you tell are the terms the media uses when referring to the players in the ongoing "War on Terror".
That is what this is right, et al?

When "we" were invading Iraq, Afghanistan, and bombing Libya, anyone who shot back was an "insurgent" (enemy from outside the country) In Syria, where we have yet to wreak our havoc, the people who are from outside and attacking the people and government of Syria are not called Insurgents, they are called "Friends of Syria".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join