It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnome terrorizing people in Argentina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
saw this vid about a gnome terrorizing people in Argentina I got to admit it gave me the creeps watching it I'm still trying to decide if it is a hoax or not maybe it has been debunked already anyone know anything about this vid?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I've seen this vid years ago.. I don't think that it is real though

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

Oh no not this one again!

Kid in suit? Small person in suit?

No. It's Grumpy!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is a really old video

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The Sun...

Need i say more?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Cheeky little gnome trying rip someone's throat out with his teeth ha....classic gnome sense of humour.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
"terror gnome"
the last terror gnome i saw was in Project X

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

It is an old Hoax. Clearly dude, if you watched the video you linked, it says so at the end?
Or are you asking if anyone here thinks its not a hoax? And an old one at that.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

It is an old Hoax. Clearly dude, if you watched the video you linked, it says so at the end?
Or are you asking if anyone here thinks its not a hoax? And an old one at that.

No, it not an old hoax. And it does NOT say so at the end. The footage has never been discredited.

The only thing that is old is the tired tactic of debunkers who shout "hoax" hoping that people will believe them even though they give no evidence for their disbelief.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
OP - this is a very old video post. As far as I am aware of, this was a hoax (although many claim it was not proven).

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

oki doki sorry if it was an old post I was just browsing on youtube and it caught my eye thanks for the info.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Give me a break. If you want to defend footage like this. You can look at it, and know its a midget in some sheets, and pillow case over the head. That is proof enough its a hoax.
As in saying its a Gnome, hobbit, halfling. Tender.
Or saying Gnome as in little people?

Calling little people gnomes is very offensive if that is the case.

Looks pretty damn fake to me. And I am an expert.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by micpsi

Give me a break. If you want to defend footage like this. You can look at it, and know its a midget in some sheets, and pillow case over the head. That is proof enough its a hoax.

Exactly how is a theory or even a hypothesis, proof? Because someone thinks that theory/hypothesis is the most likely one? Thinking something, is not proof, no matter how convinced someone are on the matter, and, no matter how right.

Many short persons/dwarfs actually consider "Midget"(Such as calling someone a "Midget in a suit") being even more insulting and prefer the old term "Dwarf" or "Little person/short person".

Out of interest; Which field are you an Expert in, specifically?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

A highly compressed, grainy video with the logo of The Sun on it.

It has to be real.....

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Very Nice, Bit creepy yes.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I have studied the paranormal for over 20 years, while I was being more of a smart ass in my posts here. As I think there is nothing paranormal about this video what so ever. That is straight up.

I guess you are all taking it so seriously because it has a deeper root into what we can consider proof. I do not see how anyone could get freaked out over this video. It is not scary in the least to me.

But that is it right, point of view?

Being a paranormal expert, I have to come in here and be some what of a voice of reason. Its not healthy to take every video like this to heart.
If this video was made to be fun, that is great! I am not a stuffed shirt.

But this is posted in paranormal studies. Thus I must consider this to be a hoax of some kind. As there is nothing paranormal about this video. I do not see it, nor sense it.

Little Person Dressed as Gnome Caught on Video 'Stalking' Streets of Argentina Town
News story that tells its a guy in a suit. Not a ghost, or spirit.

If anything this can fall under mythical creatures thread
edit on 3-6-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by micpsi

i don't think we're s'posed to call 'em midgets either, but hey, you're the expert

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
As many have said, this is an old video. And indeed it was a hoax, please watch the following video and compare it to the one you have posted. They filmed two takes:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

You probably misunderstood me. I am not part of the "we/you" lot that you mentioned, as am actually fully open to the clip being a hoax. The thing I am reacting upon, is when people are taking it for granted as being such without conclusive proof, only because it shows something looking like a 'gnome' clearly walking in front of the camera, whereby people therefore thinks that as it could not possibly be what it looks like, it therefore got to be a hoax.
that is what I am reacting on, not wether it truly is a hoax or not, so to say,

I probably do not find things like these too controversial for the reason that I simply do not consider them to be anything either paranormal or odd, more than the now wellknown gorilla were, despite it being thought to be a fairytale-creature existing only in the superstitious minds of the natives, all into the 1900's.

I simply do not believe in something truly "supernatural" and I also very seldomly use the term "Paranormal" as I know that many people take it as a synonyme for "Supernatural".
In my opinion, there are merely hitherto non-understood beings, "existences" and forces of various kinds.

Anyway.

new topics

top topics

join