It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing anything for the jubilee?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I know this won't be everyones cup of tea, so feel free to skip to another thread if thats you...

Have been watching the build up on Sky with the kids, it's been great teaching them about British history and everything that surrounds the jubilee.

We are going to a village event later this afternoon, it's on for a few days actualy, so that should be good.

Have seen many people going up to London to watch the royal barge on the Thames, a great atmosphere all round and the kids look well excited.

Hopefully the rain will ease a bit, not nice for those who have camped out or come a long way. They have been talking to many people from other countries who have come especially, Canada, the US and many many more.

Have a great day if you are doing anything, even if it's just raising a cuppa to her maj.

It will bring in a lot of money too, they are expecting about a million people alongside the Thames today.

On the downside....there are now reports of "bunting rustling" going on across the country, there is such a shortage that people are nicking it!

Have a good one!

CX.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I am no royalist but unfortunately I have been forced to go to a indoor street party with the local grannies!
it finishes at 7 because they are scared of the "hoodies" but little did they know they just invited one in. oh well it isn't the end of the world! have a good one!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I work in a care home and all my old dudes are going to have a party

Bring on the Sherry

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

In reply to your question, I have turned off the television. We in Canada have heard the clip for days now about the queen (our head of state) when upon assuming the office sais she would be "devoting my whole life to your service." I have no idea what that means, since in her whole life, she has not seen fit to put an end to endless requests from so many of our aboriginal people for the crown to honor the treaties it made with them, some as late as WW2. Whether it's the government or the crown blaming the other, the result shows a pitiful lack of devotion to the sincerity of the office, imo. I am not aboriginal, btw, but I do care about these people and am so tired of seeing them humilated and so many living in squalor. Sorry to be a downer on your thread, but i needed to insert a bit of realism about this office.

CX

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Not a problem.....you've every right to say your piece, theres good and bad in everyone and all heads of state and governement could probably do more in certain areas.

I enjoyed the celebrations of the good she's done though.

CX.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well my uncle is the museums manager bloke thingymabob (i forget the word?) in Hartlepool and they had a Diamond Jubilee Festival all weekend and one of my sisters and my mum do vintage 50's inspired fashion so they had a stall (it was their first ever event) Link.

But i stayed at home and threw an all weekend bender at my house which finished around Monday morning
but it was the least I could do for the our dearest Liz. It's always nice when a right royal knees up is on behalf of royalty.

Still feeling a bit rough and I have no idea where to put the rest of my recycling, already filled ours and next doors brown glass/tin bins...

Oh and watching the Lancaster and the Spitfires fly over Buck House was nice, shame there were no Typhoons or Harriers though.
edit on 5/6/2012 by ThorsBrother because: ETA

new topics

top topics

join