Swarms of aggressive spiders attack town!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I can handle spiders.. even fast ugly ones.. but spiders that JUMP .. I hate those.. I've never seen a spider that large that also jumps but I've seen some smaller ones and they are agile things.. we have wolf spiders where I live, they are fast, ugly and can hop .. but typically aren't aggressive unless you screw with them..

We also have the brown recluse which is a tiny little guy but he will ruin your day if he gets a bite..

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Anybody that lives in Southern California knows Highway 2, which is called the Angeles Crest Highway. This road runs from Azusa to Pasadena and beyond along the ridge/rim of the mountains in So. Cal.
It's a nice pretty road, with many panoramic views over both sides of the ridges. (A LOT of JPL employees prefer this road to freeway 210 heading to Pasadena.)

I have SEEN the Tarantulas when they are hatched on that road with my own eyes. They are EVERYWHERE!!!
When you drive over them with your car, your first reaction is to drive fast,until you hear them crunch.
Then you drive slow. Then it's a slow crunch.

You can't win. It is REALLY surreal. Tarantulas EVERYWHERE.

Yeah, their harmless. But fricking scarey.

I've only seen it once with my own eyes, but there are a bunch of people that actually go up there to watch the tarantula run.

I have seen it there as well as several stretches of Arizona Highway...It's really hard to process, sad and fascinating. I was driving I-5 (California) one night while they were irrigating the fields and my friend asked "what's that on the road?" It looked like leaves in the fall...it wasn't. It was thousands of field mice crossing the freeway...I'll let your imagination fill in the blanks.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
ti the person who said that is a tarantula pic on the first page, but there is a pic in the article and they are big and look like a tarantula.

these spiders are very aggresive, the article says they might be related to an australian spidar, but that ges the queztion...how did they get there?

all in alll ewwwww!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is absolutely fascinating .

It looks to me like some sort of Tarantula-Funnel Web Hybrid or something crazy like that .
We have Funnel Webs here and they will punch clean through a leather boot .

This is a picture of our native spider

I have one in my backyard , I named her Dex actually .

This is a tarantula .

Does anyone else see a resemblance ?

Its definitely a trippy spider , thats for sure .

Omega
edit on 4/6/2012 by Omega85 because: code repair

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

I hate spiders and scorpions and damn I would hate to see a funnelweb coming at me. Luckily we dont have them here. The worst that we have are Black Widows and Brown Recluses.
Ive been bitten once by a Recluse and stung twice by a scorpion, the scorpion was far more painful but the Recluse "wound" was far worse and lasted longer.

Btw, your second image doesnt work for me, says Forbidden.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Oh it does too !
I apologize for that, I have been up for two whole days .

I think i fixed it now though .
Thanks for the heads up friend .

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

I think all those types of spiders seem to be related in some way, Funnelweb, Tarantula and other types of so called Trapdoor spiders.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Zombie believers will begin linking this to the spate of human attacks in 3....2....1....

Uhhh....ooookay
LOL WOW

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Great Crimson Flame
Sends his regards
A SECOND TIME
The Philosophers' Stone is still in production ...
Unless my Predecessor has something to add ....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Steelring

As i said only one is known to be harmful, it is an Old-World Tarantula, not a New-World Tarantula, genus Haplopelma, the Chinese Bird Spider.

The Chinese bird spider is a rather aggressive species, one that will not hesitate to bite humans if disturbed. Its venom is the subject of much toxicology research, and while the effects of this spider's bite on man are not well documented, it is frequently lethal in small doses to laboratory animals such as mice and rats. As a result, it is generally regarded as a highly venomous specimen. The venom itself is a rather complex neurotoxin, containing numerous compounds capable of blocking neurotransmitters.

Source

The Chinese bird spider is a species in this genus whose venom has been extensively studied and is known to be dangerous to humans

Source

Then you get the Poeciltoheria specie, also an "Old-World" Tarantula, the venom being more potent than other Tarantulas.

Best Regards.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thought you all spider enthusiasts would find this interesting.

Look at the size of this one............and these people have got to be nuts.

Now the latex gloves this lady is wearing wouldn't do diddly squat if "Zilla" decided to take a little nip of her.

Shoot............you could put a collar on her and take her for a walk.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thank you for that share. Beautiful spider.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Zilla is a beautiful girl, but not one I would care to share my home with.

She belongs out in some nice tropical forest, free and able to roam around.
edit on 5-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
They need to kill them. Its very plain and simple. We rescue and put outside all insects, however, this is a dangerous creature and the government and its workers are paid a very good salary to serve and protect. I'm surprised the eradication team with whatever tech needed wasn't already destroying these and their nests.

For some reason I see Rockefeller and his love for spiders stamped all over this piece of work. This is what I've heard they are doing underground, amongst many other things.

When he and his family/clan went to India, prior to Fukushima, has anyone found an article about them returning yet.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
This is the spider that swarmed the town.

Ok there is no way that spider in the picture was the species responsible.. My guess is it's just an image they used...

That spider in the picture is a Chilean Rose Hair (Grammostola rosea), a totally non aggressive species from south America... I happen to have two of those in my home I keep as pets and handle them often.

HOWEVER, I did find a short video

If the spiders in question were the ones in the video they appear to be from the genus haplopelma.. They are a genus of aggressive old world tarantulas (aka Asia, even though African spiders are also considered old world)..

---------------------------------------------------------

Now as an Entomologist I personally believe I am more qualified to speak on this issue and I intend to be informative and not spread sensationalist crap.

India is host to many many varieties of old world spiders.. None of which are potentially deadly (although a bite from many of them will make you wish you were never born). Also.. old world spiders (save for Poecilotheria Regalis which will live in groups, also not the culprit as they are tree spiders) are generally solitary creatures..

Spiders from the genus haplopelma are also extremely aggressive which would explain some of what occurred however they do not migrate, nor swarm. They are actually quite cannibalistic and as I said before are solitary creatures...

I am more apt to agree with the person in the video that the deaths were probably the result of the extreme treatment being administered rather than from the venom itself. In fact there are really not that many truly deadly spiders on earth especially when it comes to Tarantulas..

Furthermore, I personally believe this swarming was the result of external stimuli driving usually solitary spiders out of their habitat and into the village..

This has been seen many times and has resulted from different things... Namely flooding, Earthquakes, Disease, Lack of food supply, sudden influx of predators etc.
edit on 6-6-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to say that if I was attending a religious festival that was suddenly overcome with biting spiders, I might have to rethink my spirituality a little bit!

I wonder if God was in on this? Pagan religions ARE controlled by Satan. If God can speak through a donkey, making spiders jump ought to be a piece of cake:

"all false worship is at heart demonic; behind every false religion
is the work of demons who, on the one hand, deceive individuals as to
the true worship, and, on the other hand, seek to satisfy the spiritual need
of man with variations of false worship; demons are always opposed
to the Truth" LINK

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Link

"ALL pagan religions are controlled by Satan! The elite created religion as a tool for control with a hidden agenda that aims to blind and misguide you away from the truth."

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join