It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarms of aggressive spiders attack town!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Spiders, like many other creatures on earth, have high sensitivity to magnetic fluctuation and they also use the earth's magnetic field for navigation. They also are known for being one of the few creatures that can view the polarization of suns light.

I am making these points because in my opinion, when creatures start acting strangely or out of character, the first place we should look is up. If the sun is extremely active and the magnetic field is currently in flip mode (albeit it could take thousands of years to finish its reversal) the combined effects of these may be enough right now to be driving certain magnetic reliant creatures off their rockers.

Maybe that is why humanity is also collectively going insane right now...

Agreed. Nature is taking a hit and under stress as well, and possibly the changing frequency of the Sun is causing mutations as well. So they might have entered an agressive state.

If you recall Nancy Leider of Zeta Talk put her dogs to sleep back in 2003 because she thought Nibiru was on way. However the reason shy she did it was that she was told the energies would turn peoples pets against them, and that they would have to kill them for their own safety, and she did not want to have that happen to her dogs.

In light of things recently, I now see what she means. I myself about 18 months ago did a video, it is kind of long and winded, but basically I said that that this would escalate within 18 months for this exact reason. And a friend of mine said that she had a prophetic type of dream with a red planet in sky and people regressed to zombie like behavior. So I think that the magnetics is possibly being changed by Nibiru arrival.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
..... i feel woozy.... We need to bomb india

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm definitely in TheSparrowSings camp...so I know I shouldn't..I really really shouldn't go here....but given the state of the world right now.. I just cant help make the correlation....if only to say that I feel it is likely this phenomena has occurred before in the human experience, and perhaps was put forward into history to 'carry the message' and ensure collective memory via the use of "religious text" and ritual belief systems.

Given human thoughts are an electromagnetic phenomenon too, with climate changes solar system wide..its no wonder everyone's feeling a little nutter.

Revelation 6, : (when the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are introduced)

“And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth” (vs. 8).""

Link: realtruth.org...
( rises in attacks world wide being linked to biblical doomsday)

Ro
edit on 3-6-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

That does make sense. Maybe they have come on a ship or something from another country and mated with a native aggresive spider. But even that seems a bit far fetched to a certain degree. It is a strange.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Anybody that lives in Southern California knows Highway 2, which is called the Angeles Crest Highway. This road runs from Azusa to Pasadena and beyond along the ridge/rim of the mountains in So. Cal.
It's a nice pretty road, with many panoramic views over both sides of the ridges. (A LOT of JPL employees prefer this road to freeway 210 heading to Pasadena.)
I have SEEN the Tarantulas when they are hatched on that road with my own eyes. They are EVERYWHERE!!!
When you drive over them with your car, your first reaction is to drive fast,until you hear them crunch.
Then you drive slow. Then it's a slow crunch.
You can't win. It is REALLY surreal. Tarantulas EVERYWHERE.
Yeah, their harmless. But fricking scarey
I've only seen it once with my own eyes, but there are a bunch of people that actually go up there to watch the tarantula run.

I used to live in Montrose at the foot of the Angeles crest mountains. I'm in Monrovia at the moment.
When do the Tarantulas hatch? I'd love to see that.

Look on the bright side, They haven't been cross bred with Brown Recluse spiders yet.
I'll be nice and not post images of what a brown recluse bit does.
If you have a strong stomach google Brown Recluse Spider bites.
My sister got bit by one has a child.
They had to take a skin graft from her butt to cover the quarter inch hole in her leg. I still tease her about it

Worse animal in the world would have to be a Black Widow-Brown Recluse-Tarantula.......on bath salts

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
These spiders will spread all over the world because of the WWW.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would have trouble sleeping in this town, i really would. Nasty buggers DDT ftw in this instance.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well this is sure bad enough, but what we don't want happening now is a further evolving into TOXIC ZOMBIE MONSTER SPIDERS, due to nuclear fallout from Fukushima!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We've been seeing a lot of brown recluses this year. We usually control them with traps, but huge ones have been appearing on the walls and ceilings. They're fast but not very bright, so they're an easy kill.

I've seen them attack bugs much larger than them. I saw one jump from a coat rack, catch a flying junebug (huge beetle) and land back in the coat rack. Their venom causes a necrotic wound. There are people around here with holes in their bodies from those things. Amputation is sometimes necessary.

Last night I was very worn out from work and laid down early. I had just nodded off when I heard my brain talking to my arm telling it how to remove whatever was on my lips. My hand then grabbed the object and pulled it away. This happened in a flash. The rest of me woke up to find the remains of a brown recluse strewn out across the bed. I then stayed awake for a few hours

Don't get me wrong, I love spiders. we usually have a jumping spider or 2 as a guest. I only kill fiddlebacks (brown recluse). I've lived with fiddlebacks and observed their behavior in the "wild". They usually stay to a small area unless they're attacking a bug they've spotted. I haven't seen any bugs around when the fiddlebacks here are out

edit on 3-6-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Oh my gosh, if I saw that, I would like totally freak out.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Spiders can travel on the internet?!?!?!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Did anybody else freaking love the movie eight legged freaks
?

Anyways, this is really interesting. I wonder just what it was that prompted large amounts of spiders to simultaneously move into the area? Whatever the answer is I expect it will be very interesting (to me anyways).

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Absolutely loved it.
Time for a few more movies, huh?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
These spiders will spread all over the world because of the WWW.

Unless they can adapt to the harsh cold of the north, its not likely.

This dang thread has given me a serious case of the heebee geebies. I'm going to have nightmares for a week now lol. Makes me glad I live in an area with a cooler climate where the worst we have are black widows.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Actually tarantulas being deadly or harmful to humans is a myth.

www.buzzle.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Tarantulas have a migratory history, and it is not uncommon for certain years to see them en mass.
I have visited Vieques, an island off Puerto Rico , and about every 7 or 8 years they can be found everywhere. Some harmonics of this cycle can lead to an infestation, but it lasts a very short time.

They bite if threatened, but you are more likely to die of fright, if you have arachnophobia.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Brown recluse have six eyes instead of the usual 8 other spiders have; the lower 4 form a kinda semi-circle around the top two so when you look at them it appears as though they are smiling at you with their eyes

Arch reflex capability; some stimuli, like your hand on a hot stove, need only reach your spinal cord before your body reacts.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LafingWithTears

Originally posted by jb1958

Originally posted by reficul
cool!!!

one of my favorite spiders is the wee little jumping spider.
its only about 1/4 cm. (1/8 inch) big,but these suckers don't put up with no crap!
they jump at you,they are not afraid of yo and they will bite you! over and over again!!!

Don't spread nonsense, Jumping Spiders are very small, hunt other small spiders and insects. They do not attack humans. They are harmless.

Untrue, I was working on a fence once and had one come out of a crack in the wood and leap onto my hand. I shook it off back onto the post and it leaped back onto my hand, then I shook it off into the grass. Presumably it was trying to bite me but, like daddy long leg spiders, its fangs may not be big/strong enough.
I once witnessed one walk up behind an ant, bite it and then run away for no apparent reason. They seem to be kind of ill-tempered.

Don't be silly. It was more likely trying to get somewhere, or curious. Some species of jumping spiders actually use hemolymph (insect blood) as "perfume" to attract mates. Possible you smashed an insect and it smelled it on your hand? Either way, Occam's razor. It can't eat you, and unless you were harassing it, it was likely jumping on you for other reasons. As for the ant, some ants have stings, others use formic acid. It's possible when it attacked the ant the ant sprayed some of the formic acid into the air (some Formica sp. can shoot it up to 12 cm into the air) in response to the attack.

It probably was letting it's venom go to work and then tracking down the corpse to consume as they are predatory, not web-builders. Watched a small jumping spider circle a Brachymyrmex (small ant species, 1-2 mm long) as it was foraging before it eventually pounced and consumed it.

Either way, there are a plethora of reasons a spider could attack and run, or leap onto you other than "it's ill-tempered" and after 15 years of field work dealing with numerous arachnids, insects, and other invertebrates I've never had one attack me outright without provocation.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Heehaw because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2012 by Heehaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Heehaw

Yes, I was working on a fence driving a fence staple into the post where it lived; banging on the post with the hammer could have provoked it? It seemed angry when it came out of the crack (anthropomorphic I know)
The one that bit the ant did just that it made a little circle around the ant came up behind and bit it then ran. I dont think it had any luck coming back later because this happened on a wall and the ant had a...?seizure? and fell of the wall the whole thing was kinda darkly humorous.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LafingWithTears
Arch reflex capability; some stimuli, like your hand on a hot stove, need only reach your spinal cord before your body reacts.

Yea, my brain provided color commentary.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join