It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarms of aggressive spiders attack town!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

edit on 3-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Giant wasps and giant spiders..... # that.... I hate giant bugs!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

i'm not an advocate of smashing bugs but THAT THING HAS GOT TO GO. sheesh.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ditto. I usually run into the common, harmless ones when I'm working on floors.

I've let a few get away. As long as they're not too close to me, they will.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Mabey there just fighting for their land back? lol

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This seems to be the primeval ancestor of the headcrab

Alright, aggressiveness traits are exhibited in humans and now spiders. I say (a long shot) something was released into the wild/populations to cause animals to exhibit base instinct instead of cunning and reasoning.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
cool!!!

one of my favorite spiders is the wee little jumping spider.
its only about 1/4 cm. (1/8 inch) big,but these suckers don't put up with no crap!
they jump at you,they are not afraid of yo and they will bite you! over and over again!!!

I LOVED these little guys when I was a kid! In my area (The midwest USA) they came in all sorts of color patterns, including stripes, and bright neon colors like orange, yellow, and red - and all fuzzy!

Every one of these that I encountered as a kid was extremely friendly, they were happy to climb (or jump) onto my hand, study my eyes and face, get a few gentle pats on their back (avoiding the eyes, human skin burns their eyes), and then be on their way again. If you put your fingertip up to them while holding them, they will touch it, "smell it", all around examine it, but never had a single one ever bite me.

Friendliest and most fearless, and to be honest cutest spiders out there. I think maybe they can tell whether or not you intend to hurt them, because they always genuinely seemed to be just as curious and friendly as I was, every time.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've only looked at some of the images and a few
videos. That was more than enough to abandon
this thread. I just hate spiders.

/shivers

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dammit, why did it have to be spiders!?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Zombie believers will begin linking this to the spate of human attacks in 3....2....1....

They were normal spiders until they tried bath salts and became zombies!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe they're tired of being left out of celebrations. Or they're tired of being the meek. In which case, I welcome and respect our new spider overlords.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

cool!!!

its only about 1/4 cm. (1/8 inch) big,but these suckers don't put up with no crap!
they jump at you,they are not afraid of yo and they will bite you! over and over again!!!

Don't spread nonsense, Jumping Spiders are very small, hunt other small spiders and insects. They do not attack humans. They are harmless.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of this movie I saw when I was a kid:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It seems every day lately there is at least one thread like this of just utter craziness.

What will it be tomorrow? chipmunks doing a flash mob?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Damn you all to Bettsies!

Down I scroll- scroll - scroll
AAAGHGHGHGHHHHH!! KILL IT!!!!
*heart racing*
Down I scroll- scroll - scroll
BURN IT WITH THE ACIDS OF THE SUN!!!
To scared to scroll down anymore!

Stop re-quoting that picture of that beast! I keep having palpitations!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
I will not be planning any trips there in the future. I have arachnophobia, I've had it since I was a child and have tried many different methods in an attempt to overcome it but nothing has worked. Hypnosis, holding spiders, holding crabs and so on. Every time I am near one I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack...

Don't let them come here please!!

You are not alone, I have arachnophobia too, I hate scorpions, and CENTIPEDES, crabs I can tolerate a little.

The good thing about centipedes is that I can smell them, they have a particular odor and I know there is one somewhere in the house, they usually come in pairs too.

And I'm talking about this kind of centipede:

edit on 3-6-2012 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2012 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

I am deathly afraid of centipedes. They have a way of sneaking into your bed sheets, and the way they crawl around is incredibly fear inducing. I am not talking about the small centipedes, I am talking about huge jungle centipedes.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
I will not be planning any trips there in the future. I have arachnophobia, I've had it since I was a child and have tried many different methods in an attempt to overcome it but nothing has worked. Hypnosis, holding spiders, holding crabs and so on. Every time I am near one I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack...

Don't let them come here please!!

I MUST have arachnophobia, because I can't STAND spiders, I feel dirty for 24 hours if one lands on me or touches me.. and I hate crabs just as much. I can't believe you are willingly holding them to try and get rid of the fear screw that haha. What is it about those two species that sicks me out so much?! and you too obviously! Glad I am not alone haha

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I prefer human zombies to spiders.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jb1958

cool!!!

Don't spread nonsense, Jumping Spiders are very small, hunt other small spiders and insects. They do not attack humans. They are harmless.

Untrue, I was working on a fence once and had one come out of a crack in the wood and leap onto my hand. I shook it off back onto the post and it leaped back onto my hand, then I shook it off into the grass. Presumably it was trying to bite me but, like daddy long leg spiders, its fangs may not be big/strong enough.
I once witnessed one walk up behind an ant, bite it and then run away for no apparent reason. They seem to be kind of ill-tempered.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join