Swarms of aggressive spiders attack town!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This is actually one of the worst things I would want to invade my area. I would rather bears or snakes ewwara jksdj

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
This is the spider that swarmed the town.

It looks very similar to a tarantula.

Perhaps it is a hibrid from a tarantula and another species mating together?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

"All the bite patients first went to witch doctors, who cut open their wounds with razors, drained out blood and burnt it. That could have also made them sick,"

This may be interesting to some folks.

In the game Diablo 3, one of the primary attacks of the "Witch Doctor" playable class, is to throw spiders at their enemies. Just throwing heaps of spiders.

Something to think about.

(Just what are these doctors up to.. hmm..)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
This is the spider that swarmed the town.

Sorry but that photo is a specie of new world tarantula from a Russian hobbiest's blog called Spider Collection that somebody stuck alongside the article (sourced via reverse image search).

From the OP's source....

Dr Ratul Rajkhowa of the zoology department of Cotton College, Guwahati, has seen the spider. In fact, one of the dead creatures has been preserved in the department laboratory. He echoes Dr Saikia's views but says it's too early to call it a tarantula. "It could be the black wishbone or a species related to it. Or may be a species related to the funnel-web spider..

Sydney funnel-web spider/Atrax robustus

Black Wishbone Spider/ Aname atra

edit on 3-6-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Dang. I will take the tarantula's instead of those of those other spiders. Tarantulas are kind of cute but thoise others are just plain scary looking.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wow. This is scary. Wonder where they all come from so suddenly.

Good find, OP!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i always tell people spiders are evil and you never know which are going to evolve into evil venomous ones. could happen anytime. then bam spider apocalypse

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I hear you, I crush any insect I come across without mercy or a second though- look at it this way, imagine these bassas were human size, we would be killed without mercy

I am going to go on a real insect killing spree after reading this thread- good times!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You don't like spiders? They don't like you either.

And Scarlet Johanson in trouble. Always worth a peek.

edit on 3-6-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to say that if I was attending a religious festival that was suddenly overcome with biting spiders, I might have to rethink my spirituality a little bit!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Spiders, like many other creatures on earth, have high sensitivity to magnetic fluctuation and they also use the earth's magnetic field for navigation. They also are known for being one of the few creatures that can view the polarization of suns light.

I am making these points because in my opinion, when creatures start acting strangely or out of character, the first place we should look is up. If the sun is extremely active and the magnetic field is currently in flip mode (albeit it could take thousands of years to finish its reversal) the combined effects of these may be enough right now to be driving certain magnetic reliant creatures off their rockers.

Maybe that is why humanity is also collectively going insane right now...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
First an attack of killer spiders....

And then the locals go fry them and eat them...

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Actually you make a great point there! Definitely some food for thought.
I have have seen a LOT of spiders lately in the house..which is not normal for here. Personally I love spiders..would never harm one intentionally, although I admit if I were suddenly overrun, I might get the heebie-jeebies a little!
My mom has extreme arachnophobia, but she also will not harm one..she just screams if they get close to her.

When I was a toddler, I picked up a black widow spider and brought it to the adults and asked "Can someone please open the door?" My grandfather slapped it out of my hand in panic and sadly smushed it. Always felt bad about that..the thing did not harm me although it could have ended my life! Always grateful to that spider..

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It has begun.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anybody that lives in Southern California knows Highway 2, which is called the Angeles Crest Highway. This road runs from Azusa to Pasadena and beyond along the ridge/rim of the mountains in So. Cal.
It's a nice pretty road, with many panoramic views over both sides of the ridges. (A LOT of JPL employees prefer this road to freeway 210 heading to Pasadena.)

I have SEEN the Tarantulas when they are hatched on that road with my own eyes. They are EVERYWHERE!!!
When you drive over them with your car, your first reaction is to drive fast,until you hear them crunch.
Then you drive slow. Then it's a slow crunch.

You can't win. It is REALLY surreal. Tarantulas EVERYWHERE.

Yeah, their harmless. But fricking scarey.

I've only seen it once with my own eyes, but there are a bunch of people that actually go up there to watch the tarantula run.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Scary looking. I can't stand spiders, but I'll let some live for the sake of killing pesting insects.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
OH MY GOD. i am so creeped out by this story i'm going to have nightmares for sure. this is quite possibly the strangest thing i've read about (at least in a very long time). 2012 is turning out to be one crazy year.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Suddenly the no return mission to Mars seems like a good idea.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think the mild winter we had will make us see a lot more swarms of stuff. At least that's what I'm blaming the flea explosion this year on. I wonder what kind of winter is typical for Assam state vs. what they actually saw for winter this year.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

"
olz.

Reminds me of a trip to South America I took years back. I kid you not, at one point during nighttime in the jungle, the entire road appeared as if it were moving. It turned out to be a swarm of thousands of tarantulas moving together. The crunching under the tires was sickening, and we suffocated when we rolled up the windows and had no working A/C in the Jeep. I have no idea what incites this type of behavior.'

That is so interesting! I thought they were very solitary spiders! I am so glad i didn't see that, i would \never have recovered!

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join