It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic battle: Londoners to form human shield to keep missiles from homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Residents in east London have threatened to form human barricades to prevent missiles being installed on the rooftops of their homes for the Olympic Games.Six sites in east London have been earmarked for the deployment of Rapier and Starstreak missiles, each with a range of over three miles and capable of travelling at three times the speed of sound.During the Olympics, London will have more soldiers on the streets than at any time since the Second World War and that there will be more armed personnel patrolling the capital than the entire number of British troops serving  in Afghanistan.  This amounts to far more security than was in place at the Beijing Olympics.

www.rt.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">source- RT
www.rt.com...

Is this really the extent needed for olympic security?! I dont blame them for protesting! If there really was some sort of terrorist, wouldnt a rocket emplacement be a target? And since its right beside your house, you are a target too!

Its a prime example of 'over security'... And not only a detterent for 'terrorists' but also a domestic scare tactic meant to keep the population in constant fear! Id be freaking out if they installed one of these near my house!

Thoughts?!
edit on 6/3/2012 by Nspekta because: ...

edit on 6/3/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/3/2012 by Nspekta because: link

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

hahaha cannon fodder lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Seems as though these folks are trying the legal route to stop this from happening.. Im sure they will be unsuccesful.. Big brother does what he wants, when he wants and you have no say!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I admire their determination in standing up for what they believe in.

Regrettably you are probably correct in your statement that their efforts will go unrewarded.

new topics

top topics

join