Mysterious cameras mounted along St. Lawrence County ( NY ) highways

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Mysterious cameras mounted along St. Lawrence County highways; Massena Electric removes one for lack of authorization
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 2:23 pm
northcountrynow.com...

I can Now see Our Country is Turning into Orwellian Nation

Im sort of Loss For Words ..

a Couple of Years ago we Had Homeland Security Towers Mounted A Long the Boarder
of Upstate NY and Canada Some Facing The St Lawrence River that divides USA & Canada
and Some facing Inland ...

When I first Heard this I though what the Hell is Our Nations Becoming Like North & South Korea

Then Later on the Spy military Drones From Fort Drum ( Mountain Division Base ) located in Watertown NY
are Going into Our Airspace and Surveying The Indian Reservations, St Lawrence County
and Canada for Illegal Activity

Now Along St Lawrence County We Have these Mysterious Surveillance Cameras
Along Our Highways in This County called St Lawrence County

Your Probably Saying So What Right ...!!!!

The State Police, Local Police and the Massena Electric Company

Have No Clue Who PUT THEM CAMERAS on the Electric POLES !! along the Highway ..

There Was One Taken Down By Massena Electric Company
and There's NO Information of Who Owns These Cameras on it at ALL! Nor MANUFACTURE on it ...

And National Grid ( a Electric Company ) isn't Talking ! that provides Electricity in the North Country
that Some of these Camera are on these Poles Owned By National Grid !

And as some of you Don't realize that National Grid !! is Owned BY a British Company

That May of Put those CCTV Cameras in the UK that are Famously Known all Over the UK ....

From the article.... from the Northern NY News Site :: North Country Now

@ At least half a dozen boxes that apparently contain cameras have been hung on utility poles in St. Lawrence County, and in at least in one case, without authorization.

@ Jay said even extreme close-up photos reveal no identifying markings or statements of ownership.

@ State Police Lt. Kevin Boyea of Troop B said he has no knowledge of the cameras, their origin or their purpose. A spokesperson from National Grid had not yet responded to a request for comment by the time this story was posted

@ Massena Electric’s McMahon said he has been working with Massena Police Chief Timmy Currier about mounting some cameras at intersections and at a playground, “so police can monitor those areas,” but he said that program has nothing to do with the camera his crew found.

northcountrynow.com...

But a Couple of days Later Somewhat was Reviled

Please ( See Video ) on the Site !!!
Surveillance Camera Mystery Solved...Sort Of
Story Published: Jun 1, 2012 at 8:20 PM EDT
www.wwnytv.com...

The mystery surrounding those boxes of cameras on utility poles in St. Lawrence County has been solved - sort of. 7 News got some answers Friday from Derek Champagne, Franklin County's district attorney. "It's simply license plate readers and it's just simply part of a grant regarding border related crime," said Champagne. However, he wouldn't comment on who put up the cameras or what it cost.

According to Champagne, an estimated $1 billion worth of drugs are smuggled south through St. Lawrence, Franklin and Clinton counties every year. "Hopefully we can confirm or disavow what's going on regarding some of these stops and seizures," he said. "(It's for) border-related crime...Local traffic is not the focus of this project."

Yeah and its Effecting Everyone in St Lawrence Country and Now everyone is a Suspect ...
and Law Enforcers can Pester Pray Bother anyone with the Patriot Act Backing them UP...

A number of people in St. Lawrence County have expressed concern over the cameras. Many of them are upset because they feel like Big Brother is watching them - in reference to George Orwell's book "1984.

Welcome to Orwellian World !! just Like The CCTV Cameras in the UK

They say it only for Reading License Plates My Ass that its just Only for that ...

The Dam Politicians are NOT Saying Who Put them There or Who Funded it or Manufactured Nor Owned Still ..

What is Really Sad The Local & State Police DID NOT HAVE A CLUE AT FIRST
That these Cameras were Up there Nor Why ... ... Either....

Something is Wrong in this Picture ... State & Local Law Enforcers Police
did not Know and was Not Informed Either ...

I can See Big City's with these Cameras But Not Here.... in North Region ..of New York .

According to Champagne, an estimated $1 billion worth of drugs are smuggled south through St. Lawrence, Franklin and Clinton counties every year. "Hopefully we can confirm or disavow what's going on regarding some of these stops and seizures," he said. "(It's for) border-related crime...Local traffic is not the focus of this project.

The Cameras Are License Plate Readers as they Claim to be

Yet They have Air Conditioning and Heaters ? and a antenna for radio transmission...

Here what one Looks Like

Now can a License plate Reader can be also used as a CCTV Camera?
edit on 3-6-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
They don't look all that robust to me. If the surrounding society can't get straight answers then assume they were put up by some other country, Britain sounds good, so does Russia. Do your civic duty and eliminate the threat from a good range while in Camo!

You have to start somewhere!

P

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

well as my co workers have said as we a a Big discussion on Break

a Spray Can of Black Paint can do the Trick or a Paint Ball Gun !!!

Then again there are alot of Hunters Here in the North Country as
The County is Best Known for Deer & Turkey

Funny thing is How can you get arrested for taking one Down ...

if your Local Police don't have a Fricken Clue Who and How they were Put Up
let alone They Were NEVER Informed and Never Knew They were there

They are Mostly the Same Color as the Transformer on the Pole !!

at a Glance you would think its part of (National Grid Electric Company's) Equipment

and your Right there is Still No Strait Answer of who put them UP as the Police are Guessing the FEDS

Truthfully there isn't Much Traffic Crime to Have these License Plate Cameras Put UP

as There Already Patrol Cars in MY Area that have that type of Equipment in them

edit on 3-6-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

We have them all over here as well, you can even watch most of them live on the internet if you want to.

Not my idea of a good time, but I know a few people who actually watch them during snow storms and stuff so they can alert people coming and going on the conditions. I'm totally against all these cameras though no matter what their purpose.

top topics

join