It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure if this is spooky or just plain weird?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I was looking at scary pictures of Pope Benedict (there are a LOT of them) and came across a link to the official Vatican Observatory website.........
vaticanobservatory.org...
If link is bad just type in vaticanobservatory.org
On the left side of the welcome screen is a link to the 2011 annual report, here is direct link to that doc....
Despite there being no scary Pope pictures in the report I scrolled through the entire boring document, at the very end I saw something really strange, when I looked into it things got even weirder.
On page 55 there is a picture of a bronze double door, the caption says it was installed in the Church of San Tommaso and dedicated by Pope Benedict on August 15, 2011 for the feast of the assumption. The left side of the door has an image of a woman with the word "Ecclesia" on her stomach, meaning "mother church". She appears to be seated in front of an image of the dome on that church with a bunch of stars above her head and what looks like a FLAMING METEORITE SHOWER coming at her from the sky. It also looks like there is flames surrounding the woman but that might just represent a holy aura or something.
On the right stands the Pope, he has a hand raised like he is blocking the meteors or maybe he's saying "so long sucker" to the lady, not sure on that one. When you go to page 56 there is a close up of the Pope's robes including a DNA double helix, a couple triangles or pyramids, Einsteins theory of relativity and Hubble's equation for the expanding universe. It reminded me of the "messages" that were sent into space by Carl Sagan.
To me it looks like the depiction of the "destroyer" aka Nemesis raining hell on earth while Benedict is Pope. When you consider his age the event would have to occur sometime in the very near future.
If that isn't weird enough I looked up the artist, a man called Padre Battista Marello, he appears in several pictures with the Templars and appears to be a pretty controversial figure to some in Italy.
Despite the artist's fame, the date of the dedication, the presence of the Pope and the location (the church was designed by Bernini) I could not find a single picture of that door anywhere else on the web.
What up with that?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

The catholic church is behind alot of things. pretty sketchy

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Interesting find....thanks.

The Vatican has always been surrounded with symbolism, which in itself is very intriguing.

I believe that nothing that is created for them, by them, is done without purpose and meaning.

A friend loaned me a book that I've barely gotten started on and already it's going into detail about the possible meanings to the various symbols that surrounds the Vatican. Of course, the book isn't just about that but also other symbols around the world in various cultures, past and present, and possible meanings.

S&F

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

as soon as you brought the gargoyle up,the noose tightened....what is it?ugly scary

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Good catch op!

Some times the pops dont' know what is happening, they just sign papers!

Snc.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I could not find a single picture of that door anywhere else on the web.
What up with that?

Here's one!
www.romeartlover.it...

But hey, you know those Catholics with their wild and crazy iconography.
edit on 6/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I dunno 'bout all that, it's interesting to say the least.
But the reason I gave you a star & flag is because you made the Pope say "so long suckas".....

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Text
Fr. Brown, who celebrates early morning mass each Sunday for
the Parish community, noticed the specific link to the Vatican
Observatory. The left-hand door shows a woman representing
the Church, under attack from below but surrounded by light,
with the dome of the church as her crown, reaching toward the
stars. The stars continue on the right-hand door, where Pope
Benedict is portrayed watching over the Church. The fire of
the Holy Spirit descends on him from the stars, while on his
vestments various equations from physics and geometry, and a depiction of
a double helix are engraved. In his hands is a tablet inscribed Deus Caritas
Est, his first encyclical. The artist’s description specifically states that the
stars depicted in the door are a reference to the ‘Specola Vaticana’, as it is
known locally, which was founded by popes and has been located in Castel
Gandolfo since 1935.

Weird. I think you may be looking for a connection to wormwood
edit on 3-6-2012 by redneck13 because: n

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I couldn't make it past "Looking at scary Pope pictures..."

Haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time... S&F just for the giggles!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

"Luke, I am your father.... join me and we with conqure the universe using the dark side of the force!"

top topics

join