It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Boo Hoo. Big deal. Evolution has been questioned numerous times in the past. On ATS we have quite a few threads that raise questions on the theory of evolution. Personally I'm on the edge with this issue. Furthermore Dr Paul has the right to form his own opinions on stuff. It's not like he believes in human sacrifice or anything. And it's not like he's shoving creationism down everybody's throats. Grow up people; or grow a brain.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Evolution can NOT be scientifically proven though, it is based upon several assumptions, so saying Evolution is a theory is correct. its just as much a theory as Creationism except Evolution has more fact to back it up.

Gravity can't be scientifically proven either. The scientific method does not create proof. It creates theories. This is something people often don't understand. Is gravity an extremely strong theory? Yes. Is it proven? Technically, no.

I believe that evolution is a strong theory. Certainly stronger than POOF CREATION!... but neither can be proven. That simply isn't how science works.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceNLove123

It's not like he believes in human sacrifice or anything. And it's not like he's shoving creationism down everybody's throats.

Small correction here, Mr. Paul is Christian as far as I am aware. The very point of their religion is sacrifice, of Jesus, and before that blood sacrifices.

So yes, if you are christian you believe in the sacrifice of Jesus, but you also believe that before his sacrifice, other blood sacrifices were needed. God has, on more than one occasion demanded people be killed in his name.

I count that as sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Evolution can NOT be scientifically proven though, it is based upon several assumptions, so saying Evolution is a theory is correct. its just as much a theory as Creationism except Evolution has more fact to back it up.

No. no no no

Darwin's theory of evolution is nothing more than the observation that simple forms of life move towards more complex forms of life. That observation is affirmed again and again by science.

A scientific theory is NOT the same thing as a guess.

www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com...
edit on 3-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

a theory is just someones opinion

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
that's cool

the executive branch of the federal gov't doesn't get to say what is taught in our schools so it doesn't matter

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This just reaffirms my comments that Ron Paul is a kooky old grandpa.

Anyone who says that there isn't enough evidence to support the theory of evolution are either those who don't want to believe in it, or those who haven't researched the subject enough.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with creationists, as they clearly put more trust in a less tangible form of knowledge or understanding, such as personal experience and faith. No problem; Whatever floats your boat.

However, when someone is putting themselves forward to assume a powerful political position, then it's clear that they should have a firm hold on more generally established and evidentially supported theories and beliefs.

I mean, what's next ? Ron Paul consulting the Old Testament to devise his fiscal policy ?

edit on 3-6-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Boo effing hoo. Just more ways to try and smear Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

This thread was a response to the thread whining about some 40% of people not believing in evolution, while only 12% support Paul. It's hysterical how much attention and love that thread got, and now it comes out Paul doesn't believe in evolution. Can't question Paul.

But people HAVE stated that they disagree with him on this but support him as a politician.
Didn't the OP video say he doesn't fully support creationism either?

I'm not American (Brit here) but surely America has had non evolution supporting presidents in the past, correct me if I'm dead wrong please.

Wasn't Bush 2 famously creationist?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

you just contradicted yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
hes on the fence about the issue, what any logical person would say because clearly no one has solid state proof of evolution or god

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

It's not ''logical'' to be on the fence about evolution.

There are reams and reams of documented studies and evidence to support the theory of evolution.

Like I've said previously: anyone who doesn't believe in evolution are either those who don't want it to be true, or those who don't understand the process and mechanisms.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

It's not ''logical'' to be on the fence about evolution.

Its not logical to be on the fence about any sort of belief or knowledge. You either believe in/know it or you do not.

There is no middle ground. Either belief or disbelief.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So the old fellow believes in creationism...

He did grow up on an American rural farm in an area (and era) where the creationist belief was by far
the most popular and widely held.

It is hard for a young person growing up to refute the beliefs of all the adults he knows and trusts.

I grew up in church, many churches, six months of episcopal catechism, altar boy, church youth
organizations, read the entire bible at one point...and it was very hard for me to begin to refute
my beliefs about God and the bible.

It took me along time to realize that all organized religion was probably just a knee-jerk reaction to our
own realized human mortality--that we find comfort in numbers and the consensus of opinion that
we, as humans, all get to go to heaven if we all live according to our local religious doctrine.

It is easy for me to say that Muhammad is not God, or Buddha is not god, but because of my ingrained
religious belief system, instilled in my early formative years, it is not so easy to insist that Jesus is not
God....

Even when I step back from the planet in perspective and realize how ludicrous it is to believe that
the God of this incredible and amazingly HUGE universe would visit this one little planet 2000 years
ago, and take the form of an animal to do so, and leave as his only legacy hearsay evidence of his
providence is completely ludicrous.....I still have a little voice in my head that cautions: Watch out...
you're going to go to hell for saying that

Point is, it is nearly impossible to let go of belief systems you learned when you are young.

So while I disagree with Paul's belief system (and realize how it could be dangerous), I'm still
willing to give him a look-away on this one...most American presidents (maybe all) have been
Christian theists.

edit on 3-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What year did you guys accept Ron Paul as your Lord and Savior?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Its not logical to be on the fence about any sort of belief or knowledge. You either believe in/know it or you do not.

I'm not entirely sure about that !

There are loads of things which I neither believe/disbelieve in.

You sound like you operate under a series of false dichotomies.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Of course Ron Paul doesn't believe in evolution, after all he is a member of Congress. I

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

Well i say good for him at least he has some morals.

Never trust a person that does not believe in God.

link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

I'm not entirely sure about that !

There are loads of things which I neither believe/disbelieve in.

You sound like you operate under a series of false dichotomies.

Disbelief is the absence of belief. If you don't believe in something then you have disbelief in it, even if you don't have strong feelings toward it.
edit on 3-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
What year did you guys accept Ron Paul as your Lord and Savior?

As soon as the hillbillies got electricity, and realised that there was a candidate who could repeal the Civil Rights Act !

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Soon his mind will evolve and join us on the dark side...Muhuwahhahahahaaaa!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join