It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats as Alien spies?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I've been a fan of the site since I was in high school, back in 2005. I've seen a lot of stupid things...this one is up there (on my personal list). In recent memory it's the stargate on the sun, but I really enjoyed the Pleadian brotherhood era! Someone bring that back.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
reply to post by SaturnFX

I've been a fan of the site since I was in high school, back in 2005. I've seen a lot of stupid things...this one is up there (on my personal list). In recent memory it's the stargate on the sun, but I really enjoyed the Pleadian brotherhood era! Someone bring that back.

I don't think this thread is stupid for the following reasons

1) Its just a hypothesis..all hypothesis's are valid (laymans terms is called "stoner talk")
2) The idea of other species being transmitters is not without consideration. x-files actually did a bit of a segment on the concept, but it was a common cockroach that was the actual transmitter (which makes far more sense than cats...cockroaches are everywhere, tough as nails to kill, and don't require a brain to live..or at least a head.
3) The more hypotheticals that are out there, the more eyes are opened to the surrounding environment. Who knows..we may one day find a thread talking about, oh, I don't know..the pine tree and suddenly a proper botonist may weigh in and discuss some strange qualities never before considered until such a match was made.

Nothing is absurd if it is possible...however, I wouldn't go writing a thesis on the alien cat connection just yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

It was the tone of the post that irked me, no respect.

You have clearly shown that you don't have a sense of humor.

I don't even understand why you posted unless it was to illicit a response from me, and the rest of the posters who understand that this is supposed to be ironic.

Perhaps you should do a little research on Schizotypals, before calling me a schizo, which is not the same thing at all.

Lets look back at your response to my OP.

What If you are crazy?? You did start by saying "I know it sounds crazy".... 1) Cats don't look like grays ,cause no one knows what greys look like and there actual existence. 2) So does that mean cows are aliens to? They are held in an higher regard in India. 3)Dogs and birds have been domesticated just as long. Are they spies to? 4) You are massively assuming 5) Like what? 6) Cats do not suck the air out people ,especially babies. Seriously!! Cats love laying on top of things and people. Doesn't make them alien assassins. Lobsters and Prawns are scavengers , does that make them aliens? They have an endo-skeleton ,does that make them aliens. You need your head checked. If you are not serious about the jargon you have posted then why post it?

1) I was talking about the general idea of what a grey looks like in popular culture.

2) (Prime example of your rebuttal skills)

3) Dogs and birds have very different traits, as well as being polar opposites, yes cats have been domesticated for a very long time, it was just a suggestion to see what types of responses would come in afterwords.

4) Assuming what? That cats have a tendency to look into nothingness and seem to follow things with their eyes? Do you own a cat? Or have you watched one? This is completely normal cat behavior!

5) The association to witches, cats being familiars, and linked to "the other side" in folklore and mythology. like I said, I am not saying they are spawns of Satan, just adding another point to the list.

6) Your absolutely right about this point, as was pointed out by Bleeeeep, it was associated to the smell of milk!

My issue with the cadence of your post was more the beginning and end, "What If you are crazy??" and also "You need your head checked. If you are not serious about the jargon you have posted then why post it?"

Its called free speech, I have hurt no one, and have merely tried to brighten peoples day with some anecdotal fun, perhaps bordering on questionable, I agree, but I am aware of this fact.

What does thick skin have to do with having an intelligent conversation?

I think that our bickering has descended into a point of "who has the last say" and I will no longer reply to your posts, say what you will, I will lose no sleep. You have simply missed the point, and have attacked my state of mind for your own ego's sake.

And I hold no vehemence towards you good sir, may you prosper in your life, and I do mean this sincerely.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
wahahahahaha! the end the cat was like "oh Sh!t"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

Interesting Theory. I can see how an idea such as this could be considered. Based on my experiences living with multiple house cats I don't think its plausible. Allow me to explain.

I grew up with parents that love their cats like family, literally. Heck, when I was about 13 years old we once had 15 cats that we saw everyday. Six of them were typical house cats. The others were stray or feral cats that spent most of their time outside, except at feeding time. I've probably lived with over 30 different cats in my life.

Cats are intelligent. Cats have individualist personalities. They can communicate through emotion and body language with humans and occasionally through meows. I can't be for sure...but sometimes I get the feeling that they understand part of what I say. For example, I once said to a friend "If that cat is hungry he will meow". The cat looks right at me and meows in a way I could only interpret as acknowledgment. Hell, I swear that my cats play out ruses to get things they want...like fed or being let outside. Two of my male cats will fight each other shortly before feeding time. After they are fed I see them sleeping back to back later. Two of my female cats hate each other. They stalk, harass, ambush and are just plain nasty to each other all the time.

My point is that I believe cats to be far more intelligent than most humans would believe...perhaps even being self-aware. I don't think it could be proven in the traditional sense if it could be proven at all.

So...I don't think cats are alien spies. However, I do think it is possible they are a species that is unique in more ways than we currently understand.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagurt
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

It was the tone of the post that irked me, no respect.

You have clearly shown that you don't have a sense of humor.

I don't even understand why you posted unless it was to illicit a response from me, and the rest of the posters who understand that this is supposed to be ironic.

Perhaps you should do a little research on Schizotypals, before calling me a schizo, which is not the same thing at all.

Lets look back at your response to my OP.

What If you are crazy?? You did start by saying "I know it sounds crazy".... 1) Cats don't look like grays ,cause no one knows what greys look like and there actual existence. 2) So does that mean cows are aliens to? They are held in an higher regard in India. 3)Dogs and birds have been domesticated just as long. Are they spies to? 4) You are massively assuming 5) Like what? 6) Cats do not suck the air out people ,especially babies. Seriously!! Cats love laying on top of things and people. Doesn't make them alien assassins. Lobsters and Prawns are scavengers , does that make them aliens? They have an endo-skeleton ,does that make them aliens. You need your head checked. If you are not serious about the jargon you have posted then why post it?

1) I was talking about the general idea of what a grey looks like in popular culture.

2) (Prime example of your rebuttal skills)

3) Dogs and birds have very different traits, as well as being polar opposites, yes cats have been domesticated for a very long time, it was just a suggestion to see what types of responses would come in afterwords.

4) Assuming what? That cats have a tendency to look into nothingness and seem to follow things with their eyes? Do you own a cat? Or have you watched one? This is completely normal cat behavior!

5) The association to witches, cats being familiars, and linked to "the other side" in folklore and mythology. like I said, I am not saying they are spawns of Satan, just adding another point to the list.

6) Your absolutely right about this point, as was pointed out by Bleeeeep, it was associated to the smell of milk!

My issue with the cadence of your post was more the beginning and end, "What If you are crazy??" and also "You need your head checked. If you are not serious about the jargon you have posted then why post it?"

Its called free speech, I have hurt no one, and have merely tried to brighten peoples day with some anecdotal fun, perhaps bordering on questionable, I agree, but I am aware of this fact.

What does thick skin have to do with having an intelligent conversation?

I think that our bickering has descended into a point of "who has the last say" and I will no longer reply to your posts, say what you will, I will lose no sleep. You have simply missed the point, and have attacked my state of mind for your own ego's sake.

And I hold no vehemence towards you good sir, may you prosper in your life, and I do mean this sincerely.

Cheers

If you get irked, its do to having thin skin. I have nothing against you personally.

I do have a sense of humor. Is this suppose to be funny? Really? What's funny about?

Ironic to what? Cats are stupid animals. That's it.

I am lazy ,didn't want to type schizotypal. Jeeez, boy you are an emotional one.

1) Ok, I'll give you that. But the buck stop there.

2)What's wrong with what I stated?

3) I think my point proves cats are not spies.

4)I have had cats my entire life. Cat behavior is normal behavior. Why is that so weird ? And con joined to some plausible ET phenomena?

5)The association to witches is made up . There is no proof of that. Same goes for black cats. Its all bull.

6)Milk?, no its not.

The free speech comment goes both ways. I love cats and for the life of me cannot understand all the crap people devise when attempting to analyze felines. There is no proof and cannot be plausible aliens and cats have some sort of connection. So making a thread (fun or real) based on that, is silly and misleading.

All animals have some special ability,doesn't make them alien-like or agents for the Greys.

How is this funny again?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by Seagurt

Interesting Theory. I can see how an idea such as this could be considered. Based on my experiences living with multiple house cats I don't think its plausible. Allow me to explain.

I grew up with parents that love their cats like family, literally. Heck, when I was about 13 years old we once had 15 cats that we saw everyday. Six of them were typical house cats. The others were stray or feral cats that spent most of their time outside, except at feeding time. I've probably lived with over 30 different cats in my life.

Cats are intelligent. Cats have individualist personalities. They can communicate through emotion and body language with humans and occasionally through meows. I can't be for sure...but sometimes I get the feeling that they understand part of what I say. For example, I once said to a friend "If that cat is hungry he will meow". The cat looks right at me and meows in a way I could only interpret as acknowledgment. Hell, I swear that my cats play out ruses to get things they want...like fed or being let outside. Two of my male cats will fight each other shortly before feeding time. After they are fed I see them sleeping back to back later. Two of my female cats hate each other. They stalk, harass, ambush and are just plain nasty to each other all the time.

My point is that I believe cats to be far more intelligent than most humans would believe...perhaps even being self-aware. I don't think it could be proven in the traditional sense if it could be proven at all.

So...I don't think cats are alien spies. However, I do think it is possible they are a species that is unique in more ways than we currently understand.

Slow down......Intuition and intelligence should not be used in the same tone.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by Seagurt

They are self aware, they trick each other, are aware of their surroundings and react to external stimuli.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

How about mosquitoes being alien farmers. stealing our DNA for they greys to clone themselves in our image. Never know

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

Getting a bit tired of this...

...Alien spies,

...NSA spies,

...( ) spies,

usually at about this time i would just get up and show you my butt...

Cosmic..

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

pies no i dont want any pies my cats told me that pies would taint my blood and then the mosquitoes couldnt steall my dna to clone me. They are going to send the sentinels to make sure i dont do it

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

You are absolutely right, when I started reading this, I thought, this guy has just copied most of the text and reposted it.

|.SLO7H.|

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Ok, I know its crazy, but I have had many interesting discussions with people about this, partly because they don't know what to make of it.

Yeah, it is absolutely crazy, but in a fun way. Let me state upfront that I am proud cat caretaker and that I don't really believe that cats are alien spies. Not impossible, but very improbable, I'd say. Not because I don't believe aliens exist; there are probably countless intelligent civilizations out there. So, to quote Fermi and his famous paradox: "Where are they?" Well, my personal opinion is that they haven't found us yet or that interstellar traveling is very, very hazardous and difficult, even impossible maybe. Back to the fun part:

1) They kinda look like greys, the little mouth and nose, big eyes and when the ears are pulled back, an egg shaped head.

So, true! I have a nice picture of my cat when he was a kitten taken with the nightshot function of my video camera and he looks really, really alien like there.

2) The fact that the Egyptians held them in high regard, and the fact that there is much speculation about Aliens, the Pyramids, etc etc.

Ancient Egypt was known as a corn provider for many countries, so it is natural they had high esteem for cats, because cats kill mice. Besides, they had a god, Bastet, with cat-like features. So, they better respect cats or Bastet would get mighty angry. As for the connection between the pyramids and aliens, there is none in my opinion. Just because we have no idea how exactly they accomplished such a huge project does not mean aliens did it.

3) They have been domesticated for such a long time, and live in our homes, have free roam of the streets, wouldn't they be the perfect spies???

Absolutely, but so are dogs, but dogs don't look like gray aliens. You forgot to mention they come and go as they please, they don't take well to orders and have always a way to wrap you around their fingers or paws.

4) They seem to be aware of things we are not, constantly looking into corners and following things with their eyes.

So true, especially at night! I swear it's spooky sometimes like he's looking at some ghost, but most likely he just spots small insects and follows them around with his eyes waiting for them to fly lower so he can jump at them.

5) Alot of paranormal goings on are associated with these fluffy balls of fur, none of which are really proven...

Yeah, the only thing paranormal I have observed in about 6 years now is that when I was living under the roof in a two floors building he began to meow in anticipation as soon as I had opened the front door and started walking up the stairs. I'm not sure if he just heard the door slamming or he just sensed me coming or if he was meowing all the time because he was lonely.

6) They suck babies breath while they sleep, or rather, lol, there have been cases of cats sleeping on an infants neck and suffocation has ensued. (Trying to eliminate mankind???)

Strange that, but as kitten my cat used to curl around my bald head and then in the morning he would start licking it. Nah, they just like to cuddle; mine sleeps in my bed with me sometimes on my belly, sometimes at my feet and sometimes he cuddles around my arm. Cat hug, happy times.

Just wondering what the community thinks
if not cats, perhaps turtles? How about better suited suggestions of animals who could be alien spies, and not just the Grey variety.

Well, birds for one, 'cause they fly around, spy from above, dive close and dive away before you can catch them. But my cat catches them, so I don't have to worry about them. Or he is just eliminating the competition.

This is a "what if" thread, I have had these thoughts, but don't take it too serious, I have 2 wonderful kitties of my own, and I am also a Schizotypal, which accounts for the weird connections!

As a fellow sufferer from psychological illness (bipolar), I just hope you are taking medication for your condition. And as a fellow cat caretaker - you don't own a cat, the cat owns you, especially if it's a male - I enjoyed this thread immensely. And don't worry too much I have read much, much more crazier stories in my time here.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ok, I know its crazy, but I have had many interesting discussions with people about this, partly because they don't know what to make of it.

So here are a few things to point out.

1) They kinda look like greys, the little mouth and nose, big eyes and when the ears are pulled back, an egg shaped head.

2) The fact that the Egyptians held them in high regard, and the fact that there is much speculation about Aliens, the Pyramids, etc etc.

3) They have been domesticated for such a long time, and live in our homes, have free roam of the streets, wouldn't they be the perfect spies???

4) They seem to be aware of things we are not, constantly looking into corners and following things with their eyes.

5) Alot of paranormal goings on are associated with these fluffy balls of fur, none of which are really proven...

6) They suck babies breath while they sleep, or rather, lol, there have been cases of cats sleeping on an infants neck and suffocation has ensued. (Trying to eliminate mankind???)

Just wondering what the community thinks
if not cats, perhaps turtles? How about better suited suggestions of animals who could be alien spies, and not just the Grey variety.

Ooh! Lobsters!!! Or Prawns!!!

This is a "what if" thread, I have had these thoughts, but don't take it too serious, I have 2 wonderful kitties of my own, and I am also a Schizotypal, which accounts for the weird connections!

Please no one go out and round up cats thinking that they are indeed spies, I have a feeling PETA may watch this thread!

Lets not try and take this too seriously, but lets also stay objective!
I am interested to hear if any others have had thoughts such as these, and also what other animals would be well suited for the job!

Have fun!

Strange you should post this as I just posted at Facebook this past week a picture of our black cat Kyro. A friend asked why Kyro has such a seriously intense look on his face.

My reply is that he always looks that way and that he's an alien we're living with ....however seeing as we treat him so well we'll be spared when the hordes of extraterrestrial cats descend upon the planet and take over.

.....and what's with them staring so intently into dark areas or into TV's that are turned off or just staring, motionless as if they are listening to hell knows what?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by putnamcrab
reply to post by robhines

Maybe it did! Maybe it didn't! What's it to ya?

Was just messing with you. If Aliens are truly here and can shapeshift, I can imagine weird stuff like that happening.

The tone of your reply to putnamcrab sounds apologetic !

If anyone should be apologizing it's putnamcrab as the tone of his/her reply "What's it to ya?" sounds argumentative as well as uneducated (using the non-word "ya").

Guess I'll be getting a blast from putnamcrab..... 😱

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

wow that's interesting.
Thank you for the Cat History link, I enjoyed reading it.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
cats are spiritual guides
i think 0.o

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

lol I can completely see cats as being alien spies. I always had a feeling there was something more to cats then meets the eye.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Umm I walk everyday around my neighborhood to exercise, my front neighbor's cat walks with me almost always,
I've never had a cat before but I love all animals and as I walk I always greet birds, cats a dogs by waving at them.
Oddly enough I'm being loved by many cats around lately.
...I'm not sure if it is that I've never noticed before or if the cat population in my neighborhood has increased....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well, if cats are the spies for the aliens, I must say, they really screwed up with my two. One feels the need to hop around my house and slither across my kitchen floor in a long soda box, and the other sticks his head between the couch cushions like an ostrich.

The aliens must be tremendously disappointed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join