It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance - How Are They Really Watching Us Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Tonight I decided to go online and look up (surveillance). I came across an interesting article that tells how we are and/or will be spied upon...whoever...anywhere.

To me this high-tech form of peeking into anyone's life is very intrusive and frightening.

Please read the article and tell me what you think. There are many... very intelligent members on ATS...and I really want your feedback.

Link: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
At the end of the day, you really don't have anything to be worried about if you're doing nothing wrong.

And if you are doing things wrong.. who cares? It can't be stopped.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

When people download a film from Netflix to a flatscreen, or turn on web radio, they could be alerting unwanted watchers to exactly what they are doing and where they are.

Spies will no longer have to plant bugs in your home - the rise of 'connected' gadgets controlled by apps will mean that people 'bug' their own homes, says CIA director David Petraeus. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z1whWZQLIF

Well gee, while IPhone users and Blackberry users argue over who's got the most apps - 500,000 compared to 250,000 choices for apps - maybe they'll think twice now about if it's really that big of a deal [ I mean really, does any one need that many apps?] .

Personally, I don't own either one because I flat refuse to be controlled by a stupid gadget!!!!

However, that being said, I feel like the old 70's & 80's sci-fi movies are coming to light.....

And the gov. actually admits all this. Wow!

Another invasion of privacy ...... Hell yeah, give me the phone with the most apps please. One for each kid and my spouse.......

Oh yeah, can't leave out X-Box and PS3...... they sure are pushing apps for those too.

True-- if you're not doing any thing wrong, why worry.
IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER

We are slowly being conditioned to live in a gov. controlled state.

Big Brother is watching...... oh well.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I think on many levels....from dumb to very experienced..depends whats throwed at me...30000 drones I can't handle....I mooned the balloon across the river,now I won't touch a drone...maybe

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is like 1970s news. Maybe they just want to be more open about taking advantage of people's blind trust.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is nothing new im afraid but it is also a little impractical. It can not really be screened per person in real time.

Plus I remember hearing a while ago that the US had plans to spy in a more open arena.

Its called Citizen spy.

They were going to launch a number that could be called at anytime and you could leave an anonymous (as in they know you but they do not tell anyone even the courts) message about anything you suspect your neighbors of being, doing or thinking.

If the result proved to be accurate and it resulted in an arrest and conviction YOU as the anonymous get a healthy tax free monetary reward. They were working on a structure for types of report and what money gains would be awarded as in

1) Drug selling = $2000
2) Pedo crimes = $5000
3) Terorist activity = $job in white house

etc etc etc

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Likely this functionality could be ripped or hacked out of the devices, and if not just rip out mics/cameras, and use a VPN, and trade netflix logins with friends and family.

I have nothing to hide but I don't like people bugging me, so to speak

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnBlack
This is nothing new im afraid but it is also a little impractical. It can not really be screened per person in real time.

Plus I remember hearing a while ago that the US had plans to spy in a more open arena.

Its called Citizen spy.

They were going to launch a number that could be called at anytime and you could leave an anonymous (as in they know you but they do not tell anyone even the courts) message about anything you suspect your neighbors of being, doing or thinking.

If the result proved to be accurate and it resulted in an arrest and conviction YOU as the anonymous get a healthy tax free monetary reward. They were working on a structure for types of report and what money gains would be awarded as in

1) Drug selling = $2000
2) Pedo crimes = $5000
3) Terorist activity = $job in white house

etc etc etc

In Canada, Citizen Spy is called Crime Stoppers. You get $10,000 if your call leads to an arrest of a criminal

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me the Gov is doing that, they watch us in every other way so why not with this too. They created FB and watched millions of idiots share everything to everyone

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Very nice to know that the governments are into turning the people against each other with one hand and the other they preach community spirit.......its now hard to trust anyone at all.

I once did a simple contracting PI job for the benefits agency to watch a potential claimant for benefits and see if he could actually move around freely for work or if he was really as "disabled" as he claimed to be in his application. The man was in a wheel chair legitimately as far as i could tell, over the two week period I was asked to watch him I took photos and filled in daily report sheets ticking boxes and then finally giving my conclusion. On a couple of occasions he was helping his wife empty the car from her shopping trips to the grocery store. H would receive a bag from her and place it in his lap and wheel himself into the house and then return.

My conclusion was that he was in fact legitimately disabled and would therefor require assistance with benefits for himself and family.

I handed in my report and forgot all about it, one of many type things I did when I left the armed forces. 10 weeks later I get a summons to court.

My report and myself were now being used against my will in court as proof that disabled man lied on his application for government benefits. He claimed he could not do manual labor or work lifting and moving items. To me this was a correct truth. However, my two pics of him taking one bag per time from the car to the house gave cause for him to be a liar and a false applicant. I did not agree with this of course but I could not say this in court as I was told I was in contempt if I did not just answer the questions stated.

I was used to spy on a individual and the result changed this mans immediate future. He was denied benefits without the permit to appeal. He was given a fine and this is a conviction too.

Too this day I am still annoyed that my honesty was twisted into making this man out to be a fraudster.

Spying is never any good......only one side of a story is ever present fairly!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me the Gov is doing that, they watch us in every other way so why not with this too. They created FB and watched millions of idiots share everything to everyone
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Point well taken....

Even lawyers resort to FB to help their clients, whether it be for a disability lawsuit or divorce or child custody battle.

We've turned into a self absorbed society. Looky at me and my kids, and my dog/cats, etc.etc....
WHO CARES??

Maybe people don't care what the gov. does because they post everything about their life on-line any more. So in that respect, why would they care if they are being monitored via apps?

Personally, I mind. I don't do FB nor Twitter and could care less about who did what,when and where.

I like my privacy to remain that...private.

On the streets, with the cameras, is one thing but in my home is a different story.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I can't prove it but I'm fairly persuaded that the remote on my tv doubles as a camera, and not just mine.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
You have a mobile phone dont you?
Well then,.....why ask?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I know im bit paranoid, had been laughed at for it, but already for years I have internal camera in my laptop covered with piece of tape. Better safe then sorry.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am so sick of hearing if you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear. What if you are doing something like being a responsible gun owner? The government borderline considers that wrong and terroristic even though it's not against the law! So just because you don't THINK you are doing anything wrong doesn't mean that someone else can't make a COURT CASE saying you are very easily with all this permissive access the government now has in our lives.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
I am so sick of hearing if you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear. What if you are doing something like being a responsible gun owner? The government borderline considers that wrong and terroristic even though it's not against the law! So just because you don't THINK you are doing anything wrong doesn't mean that someone else can't make a COURT CASE saying you are very easily with all this permissive access the government now has in our lives.

I agree with you 100% They can twist around all the information to make it look like your a bad guy when really your just joe shmoe.

Another thing I heard is that they use people's cell phones to track them with the phones GPS and they can turn it on and listen in on your conversation unless your battery is out of you phone.
Either way, the Gov is up to no good and getting closer to placing a shackle around our necks, we're constantly spied on, lied to and our Freedom and Rights are being stripped away from us. We need to stand up against them and real soon if we are to fight for our Freedom and not be enslaved. The only problem is it has to be the whole world and with the way the Governments have been working to spread hate & fear amongst certain groups of people so that we are divided instead of united.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm glad someone else sees if you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about for the fallacy it is. That is truly one of the most chilling statements there is.

new topics

top topics

join