It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaporizing the Bolshoi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by decisively

depending on launch location and desired target and desired flight path.

different stars/sun/moon/celestial bodies can be selected pre-launch or by onboard computers depending on missile orientation at specified times during flight.. stars dont need to be tracked.. only its apparent position and thats to fine align the IMU, which is only periodic.
edit on 4-6-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

best said, your reference here is a statement of the problem not the solution

reply to post by choos

We know this stuff choos, we are 4 pages ahead of you. You have posted the question. you have presented what the NEED is . In this thread we are looking for how it was that his was achieved. We are all well aware of the "PROBLEM" the missile has.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

are you saying a submarine does not know its location at all times?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

How do we solve for it ?

more nonsense, you keep stating the question, we know that, we know our problem, how do we solve for it ?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

it has been acheived.. through an IMU and auto star tracking. no artificial stars are required.
edit on 4-6-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

It may not, another subject, a subject unto itself, and perhaps related to Apollo as well, though I'd rather stick with the missiles for now.

But of course the BOOMERS, also using Draper lab IMUs, needed to find themselves, be sure where they were before launch. Their platforms drifted ever so slightly as did any, though from what I have read, once aligned , accuracy was fairly reliable for some time.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

So can you admit that you weren't actually talking about the Bolshoi Opera and Ballet company?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

Let's be concrete. OK choos, since you are so expert, what star would a North Atlantic BOOMER SLBM sight in mid February 1975, launching at midnight Greenwich Time, trying to hit Kiev ?
edit on 4-6-2012 by decisively because: added " launching at midnight Greenwich Time,"

edit on 4-6-2012 by decisively because: added SLBM

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I do not know what you mean by "admit", "Bolshoi" was/is the thread's grounding metaphor. The term is intended to give one pause about destroying art and more importantly artists with nuclear weapons. I also thought about calling the thread , "VAPORIZING RICHTER". But the Bolshoi Theater and associated Art/Artists seemed/seems better.

I like the metaphor. I believe it is apt, as much then as it is today.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

You don't think launch control systems would not have star locations?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Let's be concrete. OK choos, since you are so expert, what star would a North Atlantic BOOMER SLBM sight in mid February 1975, launching at midnight Greenwich Time, trying to hit Kiev ?

How many stars are visible from a submerged submarine?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Sometimes the PERPS gaffes are so big you wonder how it was they got away with it, they were really that clueless , that dumb

To be sure SayonaraJupiter, this nonsense is off the hook. I actually have trouble believing they were this unaware, BUT TRUTH BE TOLD THEY HAD TO HAVE BEEN THAT CLUELESS. Proof is in the pudding, and here it is before our very eyes. They really were this dumb.

Dumb, clueless with regard to the fact that we would be looking at this stuff and say, "HEY, YOU CANNOT FLY A SPACESHIP SO CASUALLY !!!! DON'T YOU REALIZE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS STUFF DOWN DOWN DOWN PAT PAT PAT ON A REAL SHIP YOU WILL DIE DIE DIE ???"

Shepard's comment about not being sure as to the identity of the stars he's sighted leaves one numb, literally. What was this guy thinking to say this here ? Never in a million years would you find Armstrong authoring a botch of this nature and magnitude. That of course is why he was their number one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-6-2012 by decisively because: caps

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

If you are asking me, I would not know.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Ok I suppose it was unrealistic of me to expect that.

So are Charlie and Timmy and Sister still helping you edit and spell check your posts or have you graduated past that? I believe you are disabled Decisive. That is why you freak out when people say retarded. That is why you make all of these things up because you are stuck in a wheel chair or a bed or something somewhere and you really hate your life and the environment you are in. These threads and topics help you escape your reality and live vicariously through your created personas. I can't believe I didn't realize it before now.

I am not trying to take a stab at you, I am trying to connect with you on a deeper level. I think I misunderstood you in the beginning and made the mistake of interpreting your personality as one coming from youth and arrogance and ignorance but I believe it is your one and only chance to respite from your ailments. It also explains how you have so much time to spend on busting NASA (lets be real doctors work a lot, way more than you possibly could be)

I myself have some issues, if you want to U2U me sometime we can discuss these matters away from these guys. I am done speaking against you on these topics, I will now stand in support of my brethren to help you bring the information to the masses and hopefully destroy the perps out in the world and on these boards.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

If you are asking me, I would not know.

No stars are visible from a submerged submarine, moron. That makes twice.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Dumb, clueless with regard to the fact that we would be looking at this stuff and say, "HEY, YOU CANNOT FLY A SPACESHIP SO CASUALLY !!!! DON'T YOU REALIZE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS STUFF DOWN DOWN DOWN PAT PAT PAT ON A REAL SHIP YOU WILL DIE DIE DIE ???"

Once again, your true voice emerges. You have already shown that you do not know how spacecraft coast to their destination using the simple laws of celestial mechanics; now you are once again flaunting your ignorance of navigation. If you had read the paper you cited on page one, you would know how embarrassingly wrong you are. SLBMs are continually reprogrammed based on the sub's position, which is determined through a combination of inertial guidance and satellite fixes. The SLBM's guidance is primarily inertial. During the preparations for launch, astronomical data is downloaded to allow optical sensors to confirm, using the most convenient celestial body, that the missile's inertial guidance system is properly aligned. This step is unnecessary; even if the thermonuclear warhead hits the Kirov, the Bolshoi will be destroyed. It is you who has bought into the Cold War propaganda about the incredible accuracy of weapons systems. (Unless now you are going to claim that you were in command of a Trident submarine while working your way through Med School.)

Of course, all this is entirely irrelevant. As usual, you have made absolutely no attempt to show the logical necessity for Apollo to be "phoney."

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I covered this topic previously, you can have a look at those prior and very relevant posts. I have nothing additional to say with respect to this issue.

edit on 4-6-2012 by decisively because: removed "Hope that was helpful......"

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Nothing inaccurate about my point. Alan Shepard claimed that he was not sure as to the identity of the stars that he sighted and that means he was not in cislunar space, and as such, Alan Shepard did not go to the moon . It is very simple. Has nothing to do with my understanding or lack of it. I don't know how to fly a spaceship, but more importantly, neither does Alan Shepard.

Anyway, care to comment on my theme here, at least the one first introduced ? Was Apollo a cover for programs that sought to make SLBM celestial navigation a reality.
edit on 4-6-2012 by decisively because: caps

edit on 4-6-2012 by decisively because: added "and"

edit on 4-6-2012 by decisively because: added "as such" he> Alan Shepard

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I am able bodied. I am quite a swimmer, and bicyclist as a matter of fact.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Anyway, care to comment on my theme here, at least the one first introduced ? Was Apollo a cover for programs that sought to make SLBM celestial navigation a reality.

i dont think you understood a word i wrote..

how can apollo be a cover for SLBM celestial navigation when it was used in the mariner probes prior to the apollo missions?

if anything the cold war was a cover to make ballistic celestial navigation a reality. but thats too obvious for you, you want to feel special.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join