It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans beg Obama: Please, don't kill us with drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I just came across this post through another website. I've never heard of this website where I got the article and I'm not sure about it's credibility, and it appears to be a Russian website. I'm not Russian by the way.

Grace Bedell thought it could clinch the election when she suggested to Abraham Lincoln that he grow a beard. Now a century and a half later, Americans are asking their president to consider an updated proposal: Mr. Obama, please don’t kill us.

Unlike the correspondence from 1860 that was signed off by a single person — an 11-year-old girl from upstate New York — over 1,000 Americans have already added their name to a petition posted on the Internet this week. Their plea may sound silly at first glance, but it’s authors appear to be anything other than serious about it: after a Tuesday morning article in the New York Times revealed US President Barack Obama’s authority to add and remove names from a roster of alleged enemies of the state to be executed without due process, 1,679 Americans have already asked that they be placed on a “do not kill” list.

With the 2012 presidential election less than six months away, issues such as the economy, unemployment and cybersecurity are should to be big talking points as the candidates prepare for voters to hit the polls. Now, however, it appears as if whether or not the next administration can justify killing anyone on command will be a big talking point leading up to November. And although it might not be as big of a selling point as growing out a beard, Obama’s stance on killing his own citizens could make or break his chances come Election Day.

Here's more: Link

I live out in the Boon docks and few weeks ago I was having lunch in a big city. While I was looking out the window, I noticed there was tall cameras all up in down the block, on every street light and corner. I felt like I was being watched by big brother while I was eating my lunch. There is satellites, surveillance cameras, and now drones watching us. I know most of the cameras on the streets are for traffic violators, to help raise money for the city, but come on that is just a little ridiculous. Let the cops do their jobs. I have a lot of cops in my family and they all feel the same way as me.

I hope this article is full of bologna. What is the world coming to anyways. I'm not looking forward to what is to come, and not looking forward to getting micro chipped, nor having annoying drones flying all over my neighborhood and town. So what do you think true, or bologna?

edit on 2-6-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
To be honest, I hope they come for me so I have a reason to protect myself and my families well being...give me a reason to I dare em!!!./..

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

I got my shot gun and two guard dogs ready.

edit on 2-6-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wow more research. They may come and you won't stand a chance. Drones are capable of a lot. This are coming to the streets in the future in my opinion. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Watch what happens after the first shot.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is scary.

Makes me wanna get that 12 gauge all the sooner

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil6iviute9

I agree that we don't stand a change against the drones, I reworded my last post.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I was just going to suggest that the creators of the petiton post it on the "we the people" area of the whitehouse web site. If they reach their goal of 25000 signatures the whitehouse will address the issue and at least reply to it.

The difficulty is getting those 25000 signatures, I created one and posted it to a couple of sites I frequent, and got no where with it :/

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You'll have 35Ft. to shoot at.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
[

Yup, 12 ga ready and 40 cal. pistol ready, I'm ready...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Get a rifle,the drones are out of range otherwise, preferrably.308

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Been looking at 30/06 for a farther range.

new topics

top topics

join