It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ATS members think the afterlife is like?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bridas
It depends on the person's beliefs upon leaving the physical body. What would you like the afterlife to be like?

I would aspire to a higher level of consciousness, and a new level, with differences, something perhaps less tangible, and a little more omni everything.

Or perhaps just a collage of endless perfect moments, but this is what I assume people call "heaven"

I will be content with whatever is in store next, we need to make the best of what we have.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Youve grossly misunderstood me then, if you think I believe those things.

I said, that what a person believes the afterlife is like, will have massive influence on what they do actually experience. How you got "blind people will stay blind", I do not know.

After you die, you have much more freedom, and reality is much more malleable and receptive to your subconscious desires and beliefs. You are not limited by them, however for the average individual they are heavily influenced by them.

Nothing is objective, nothing is certain. Anything can happen. There are no limits.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

In mormon teaching, death is like just stepping into the next room. The dead are right next to us living mortals. Since Jesus Christ came in ~33 AD ,He prepared two or three places : Paradise- for those who were totally immersed under water(Baptized) and confirmed by a Malchisedek priest. Next is the Place of Darkness and the Third is Outer darkness for the murderers and The wicked. All these await final judgement by Jesus Christ. A few will be resurrected shortly to aid in the take over of the world by the Invading Jesus Christ and his Army. In a thousand years from now, Jesus Christ the Ruler of this new Millenium will resurrect trillions (everybody since Adam) : Most in Paradise go to live with the Father in Heaven, some stay on the earth in the terrestrial world. The third group will be in the lower telestial where no contact with Jesus is possible eternally. The Worst go with the Devil to the eternal fire. All these four groups are eternally-living people who have flesh and bone , but no blood.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join