It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome: America's Most Beautiful National Parks as Seen from Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've almost quit going to the Mail but thought I would check it out today. Sometimes you find something interesting on their site, and I think I did today. Check out these pictures if I had the current version of flash i would upload them, but the best I can do is a link.
Anyway I think its worth a looksee. Very beautiful.

Paul Milligan

A breathtaking gallery of images, taken from miles above the Earth, has emerged from a NASA space satellite, looking down at America's national parks.The parks stretch across the country, covering an array of natural phenomenon, from fjords to swamps to volcanoes. Also pictured is Grand Teton National Park, which covers 484 square miles of Wyoming, and features the Grand Teton mountain, standing at 13,770 feet tall.

www.dailymail.co.uk..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edit on 2-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: fix link

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Unexpected. How green is Hawaii? Shockingly so. Death Valley is breathtaking from space. Lots of minerals on view there. A Geologists dream! I don't think it is as pretty in real life, the scale makes all the different colors hard to see when your in it, as opposed to sailing over it in space.

I was pleasantly surprised. Does anyone else see a circle there in the one of the Colorado Great Sand Dunes? Crater impact maybe? Am I a discoverer?

edit on 2-6-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Unexpected. How green is Hawaii? Shockingly so.

It's pretty green but that's a false color image, as are most or all of them.

After many cloud-covered days, NASA’s Advanced Land Imager (ALI) on the Earth Observing-1 (EO-1) satellite captured a false-color image of the area (top) on March 18, 2011. A similar view from January 16, 2010, is provided for comparison.

In the image—which depicts mostly infrared wavelengths of light—vegetation is green, older lava flows are brown to black, and “hot” areas are red. In this case, the scorched land in the burn scar appears slightly red and brown, the still-burning forest fire appears bright red, and bare lava is black or very dark purple. In the 2010 image, bright red, active lava flows stand out within and near Pu’u ’O’o.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the website,
Phage and have certainly bookmarked it, and will definately visit it. I guess alot of stuff like that is touched up. I'm no photographer or computer wiz, but I know there are tricks. Stands to reason.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sorry, but it just looks crap. Boring, bland shades of brown and desert yellow. What a load of crap. Europe is infiniely better and always will be.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
Sorry, but it just looks crap. Boring, bland shades of brown and desert yellow. What a load of crap. Europe is infiniely better and always will be.

Citybig has spoken!!
Eternally jaded.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Goon.

new topics

top topics

join