It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a student about to go to college what should I major in? And any advise? How do you avoid debt?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

You wont get to be what you major it.

Trust me.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Take it from me and I'm telling EVERYONE this as I learned the hard way.

I took online school at devry. Haflway through my bachelors right now. My tuition is how 71k as they raised the rates to 605/credit hour. ON campus students see 110k for their tuition.

Keep in mind I'm half way through my bachelors with them as of right now.

I JUST learned about trade schools maybe a month or two back and am Kicking myself SO hard. Trade schools just teach you your trade and cost 2000 to maybe 5000 for your schooling. They do NOT give you stupid classes that have nothing to do with your major at all. You learn your trade and graduate and get good jobs.

If you don't want to go the trade school route, do a jr/community college that is 2 years long; get your gens outta the way, save for a 4 year if you want to do that WHILE you're in the 2 year. Save while you're in I mean. Look into as many real grants and scholorships you can find but make SURE they are from real places. Lots of scams out there - and you NEVER have to pay to get grants or scholorships btw. Any place that wants you to, GET AWAY AND REPORT THEM.

I'll NEVER pay this debt of mine off. The way devry raises tuition (and they're a great top notch school by the way but that does not okay that kind of Tuition imo), I'll be at 91k by the time I graduate no doubt.

Hope that helps and keeps you from making the same mistake I did. Online IS good if you're a single mom like me and don't have a car etc. But prepare to pay hardcore for it.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join