It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increasing Evidence Solves Mystery of Amelia Earhart's Disappearance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Increasing Evidence Solves Mystery of Amelia Earhart's Disappearance

gawker.com

We all held our breath on Wednesday when an anti-freckle cream jar was discovered on Nikumaroro Island in the Pacific. This seemed to support the leading theory by The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) that Amelia Earhart landed on a coral atoll near the island, and survived — at least for a bit.

Yesterday new evidence emerged, making the Amelia-Earhart-as-castaway conclusion all the more likely.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Seems pretty much solved to me after reading the article and the linked within. I know it's not as fun as aliens, time travel or alternate universe stuff but it's nice to have a bit of closure in the case. I always liked Earhart. I just hope her and Noonan didn't suffer though I suppose they did. I wonder if they can DNA test the bones that were found. I would think so.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wow, I thought that anti freckle bit was just typical Gawker snark, but it is in fact an artifact they found.

Note also that The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) actually used more than artifacts to identify the potential last habitat she and Noonan ever lived on.

Using what fuel remained to turn up the engines to recharge the batteries, they continued to radio distress signals for several days until Earhart's twin-engine Lockheed Electra aircraft was swept off the reef by rising tides and surf. Using equipment not available in 1937 – digitized information management systems, antenna modeling software, and radio wave propagation analysis programs, TIGHAR concluded that 57 of the 120 signals reported at the time are credible, triangulating Earhart's position to have been Nikumaroro Island.

Alaska Dispatch

So they found plausible radio transmission left overs and hunting/gathering tools + old photos and other artifacts:

Discovery News

How scandalous and [snip] is it that a woman, unconfirmed but plausibly gay, aiming at breaking a fantastic flight record is the one who disappears mysteriously and is never seen in the civilized world again?
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: Constantly forget I can't cuss here

edit on Sat Jun 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

Wow, I thought that anti freckle bit was just typical Gawker snark, but it is in fact an artifact they found.

So did I.

How scandalous and [snip] is it that a woman, unconfirmed but plausibly gay, aiming at breaking a fantastic flight record is the one who disappears mysteriously and is never seen in the civilized world again?

I think only mildly. Snip happens. I thought she was pretty much adored at the time.
edit on Sat Jun 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You can Google yourself crazy looking for the truth about what became of Amelia Earhart. If a teenager named Charles Bishop could overfly McDill air force base central command in 2002 without being detected, then who knows what happened back in 1937. Too bad there wasn't more sophisticated radio equipment aboard the Itaska.

Freckle cream could have been left by someone visiting from nearby New Zealand.

dermnetnz.org...
edit on 2-6-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Hi dom,

I was going to do a thread myself. Didn't know what forum to put it in. Got busy elsewhere. etc.

The info has been around for quite a while.
But bringing this Dynamic Lady front and center deserves a big S+F.
cheers ljb

BTW How many pilots and aircraft have gone missing in the Bermuda Triangle?
edit on 6/2/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Oh, I was under the impression that some of the stuff was just confirmed a few days ago. The cream and such. Which still sounds like a joke to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ah here they are

List of Bermuda Triangle incidents - Wikipedia, the free ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bermuda_Triangle_incidents - Similarto List of Bermuda Triangle incidents - Wikipedia, the free ...

This is a list of incidents attributed in popular culture to the Bermuda Triangle. ... 1948: December 28, Douglas DC-3 NC16002 lost with three crew and 36 ...

Aircraft incidents - Incidents at sea - Incidents on land - References

Amelia was a mere needle in the haystack. may she RIP

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My life partner is actually from Bermuda. I should get him to post his thoughts and some incidents and theories he grew up hearing.

I've been several times now myself, and actually seado-ed to one of the 3 tips, and watched the rest of our group swim in the triangle (no, I was NOT brave enough ahah).

We both believe in the common theory that the Electromagnetic radiation (I hope radiation is the right word here) in that area may be rather strong or spike and snip up airplane gauges there. Earth's core is molten metals, it generates a magnetic snuggy around our blue ball...it seems not supernatural but actually totally natural that the distribution of EM would not be uniform.

Eh I could be talking out my ear, but I hope someone out there is interested in hearing what he has to say about it all, growing up there.

Also, OP, I agree that I made the 'she was a woman and GAY' comment ignorantly. Just riled up about things from the past I know too little about.

So glad you posted this thread though!
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: missing word

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Oh, I was under the impression that some of the stuff was just confirmed a few days ago. The cream and such. Which still sounds like a joke to me.

When I did a search before I was going to post I saw some old threads that mention the freckle cream. Everyone is always going to attempt a new angle to get a few bucks for a new article.
Nevertheless I think it is the SPIRIT of the adventure that will keep her story going for quite some time.
Did someone mention something about her being gay?
Either way she had a set.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I thought she had been flying over the pacific when she disappeared.

Oh and no DNA on the finger bone, they couldn't tell if it was even human.

She was a beautiful and amazing woman. I want to read more about her now.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

there is actually a show on discovery or history channel about this subject. they did find the cream tools etc. but they also found a heel from a womans boot tha appeared to be the same type of high heel style boots tha emelia wore. they also did find a finger bone in a small grave that was determined to be human via dna testing. they asked some natives from a very small nearby village and was told a woman did crash there and what was left of her was burried. they also found aircraft grade alluminum sheets that could have been from the same type of plane. by the time the program ended they didnt come to a complete conclusion but the resaerchers believed it was her. Maybe maybe not. as my favorite tootsieroll pop commercial states " the world may never know"

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 33degree

Thanks for the heads up on the show. I'm going to try to find it meow.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I believe it called "finding amelia earhart" but i dont remember it has been a few months and i dont remember weather it was discovery history or possibly science channel

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 33degree

I just looked it up it called finding amelia on discovery

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I thought she had been flying over the pacific when she disappeared.

Oh and no DNA on the finger bone, they couldn't tell if it was even human.

She was a beautiful and amazing woman. I want to read more about her now.

Yes she was flying over the Pacific in a very remote area with just specks of islands.
That's why I made the comparison to Bermuda which is not near as remote.
If you like "seat of the pants" type flying adventure Amelia is a good start.
Work your way up through Chuck Yeager and on to Kelly in the "Skunk Works"
the best ljb

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Saw this a few days ago but was too lazy to post hehe
Glad you did it. Yea it is quite a mystery. I wonder if they will ever find Osamas body buried in the CIA graveyard or something..

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, Treknically speaking... Amelia Earhart was abducted by alien slavers according to the Voyager episode "The 37's"...

That's good enough for me, being a Trek fan.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i was reading this story on the coast to coast page yesterday

thanks for posting here op

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
yeah she was abducted and is now playing cards and having drinks with elvis on the mothership.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join