It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decoding humanity: Truth about love vs science.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
For example:

Dave said: Kasumi, I think you have the most pretty eyes. When I'm with you my heart pulses....... [insert more pickup lines]
--Translation--:I desire to mate with you.

Kasumi: I'm sorry Dave, I'm just not in search of my special one lately. Sorry Davy.
--Translation--: You are not of breeding standards compatible with my gene structure. In other words my body tells me your genes wouldn't make a good baby.

^The above makes me wonder if Quantum mechanics, biology and science in general is all there is to life. I can say "I love you" but truthfully it's just my brain and body creating chemicals so I feel a certain way allowing me to say those things openly. Our beliefs in divine love and faith is all an illusion if we realize our actions and words are a set up to get man and woman to mate.

Now onto the even darker side of things:
Your life, my life and your child's is ultimately meaningless. For a moment ignore your EGO thats telling you right now "it's all not true I have worth". No, you have no worth for that to is an illusion. You the human a MACHINE of flesh have not even value. Worth, love, honor, pride are all man made systems of control. All of you so called awaken people NEVER were awake. You are all victims of a system of control that was not only man made but was pushed along to work by evolution.

Man is composed of information in his brain the muscle computer that allows function of your flesh machine body. Everything else we believe in is an illusion to get us to spread our viral existence across the planet.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Welcome to the age-old debate about determinism vs. free will.

If humans are just another natural, physical system like rocks or trees, then we don't have any control over our own actions. The rock doesn't choose to be there, it just is, a consequence of 14 billion years of cosmic evolution, geological chemistry and gravity.

But believing in a deterministic universe can be liberating. We don't have to worry about choices we didn't make, because it couldn't have gone any other way.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If we were evolved through natural selection, we as a race would have gotten rid of emotion long ago. It is a useless trait when it comes to efficiency. Our race would produce more faster and more successfully if were unemotional. We could have developed resistance to stress, we could have perfected our detox system by now. This is why, although I believe evolution exists, there is equally enough evidence to show that the human race could possibly not have undergone the evolutionary process most mainstream scientist believe it has.

Emotion is a beautiful thing. The first emotion was panic, so that we would be able to run from an enemy when the need arose. But is this really a good thing to evolve? Why not just always be on alert. Who knows, but emotion is more than just chemicals affecting our decisions. They don't come from just the brain, but the heart, and the endocrine glands, even our own minds spawn certain emotions.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Human life is motivation, observation, imagination.

Motivation is mechanics. we are machines that get energy and reproduce...most things are centered around this that we do.

Observation is how we do it. to get energy, we find food sources, gain lands and resources, farm, etc. Same splitting of variations with reproduction, to include sustaining life by building dwellings,etc

Imagination is how we do such stuff in a fancy way. a plate of worms will satisfy us as much as a plate of steak..but we have allowed for sensory data to determine desirability based on our imagination and preferences..

Here is something interesting to consider
a person can find someone well built to be quite beautiful
They will look at a person starving and showing bones to be unattractive.
Objectively, they are just two humans with different degrees of body fat..but to our perspective, it shows a contrast of base programming...proper energy verses low energy, and our base program gives a negative response to the low energy starving person and a rewarding signal towards observing, and therefore using imagination for the well fit one.

Long story short..the machine wants energy, the imagination bakes a cake. We exist because of the machine, we are alive because of the imagination..it shows that we are more than our base programming, but it also shows we are not seperate from it...just more...not different.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Desire requires emotion
no emotion, no desire
no procreation
end of species.

Bad idea to remove emotions..robots don't build more robots without emotional desire.

You object? no..you can't. because robots do nothing..it is humans with emotions that code robots to build more robots...without emotional desires from humans, robots would do absolutely nothing...not lift a single arm.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I recommend you read a little book by Francis Shaeffer called Escape from Reason.

He is a Christian philiosopher who describes the the history and development of your proposal in the OP.

Here is one review...
justwilliams.com...

I read it thirty years ago and no swist or turn in human thought has taken me by surprise since.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
For example:

Dave said: Kasumi, I think you have the most pretty eyes. When I'm with you my heart pulses....... [insert more pickup lines]

Kasumi: I'm sorry Dave, I'm just not in search of my special one lately. Sorry Davy.
--Translation--: You are not of breeding standards compatible with my gene structure. In other words my body tells me your genes wouldn't make a good baby.

^The above makes me wonder if Quantum mechanics, biology and science in general is all there is to life. I can say "I love you" but truthfully it's just my brain and body creating chemicals so I feel a certain way allowing me to say those things openly. Our beliefs in divine love and faith is all an illusion if we realize our actions and words are a set up to get man and woman to mate.

Just because its all chemicals and matter doesn't mean it isn't divine. The fact that life exists at all is an indicator of just exactly how divine the physical, scientific universe is.

Your life, my life and your child's is ultimately meaningless.

WRONG. The meaning of your life is to do what you do. The meaning of life is to go to school and then go to work and find enjoyment everywhere in between. Relativity exists because there is an underlying existential unity that has us here trying to see existence from trillions of unique perspectives all in an effort to learn about what exactly existence is. The underlying existential unity hopes that existence is awesome and fun and enjoyable, but I don't know if its sure that it is. But it can be.

For a moment ignore your EGO thats telling you right now "it's all not true I have worth". No, you have no worth for that to is an illusion. You the human a MACHINE of flesh have not even value. Worth, love, honor, pride are all man made systems of control. All of you so called awaken people NEVER were awake.

Worth and value are self-proclaimed. But that doesn't mean they aren't true and they're definitely not systems of control. The value of value is its own value and that value comes by however you choose to value it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

That's true but humans have will-power so even if biologically they aren't a match, they can still make it work if they try hard enough, depending on how compatible they are.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

This is true.

I'm not really a religious person, nor am I a hardcore spiritualist by any means, but I do believe in the possibility that there may be a purpose to everything. One reason for this belief is the fact that we have some emotions that would be considered useless from an evolutionary perspective. Take humour for example. How the hell is humour necessary to survive? It isn't. It's almost like it's an extra feature we've been programmed with merely for enjoyment.

Science may have discovered which areas of the brain cause us to laugh, but they still can't tell us why anything is considered funny in the first place, and they probably never will be able to. It's kind of like seeing somebody you know in public and asking them:

"Why did you smile when you noticed me?"
"Because I was happy to see you."
"Yes, but why?"

Things like that can't be answered rationally.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Your life, my life and your child's is ultimately meaningless.

This is how it works...
...if you come to believe/reason that there is only a material/biological reality that has no meaning...
...your spirit will attempt to find meaning in fantasy, the absurd, in obsessions and/or substances...
...that is you will find some way to resolve the dissonance in an escape from reason.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

For example:

Your life, my life and your child's is ultimately meaningless. For a moment ignore your EGO thats telling you right now "it's all not true I have worth". No, you have no worth for that to is an illusion. You the human a MACHINE of flesh have not even value. Worth, love, honor, pride are all man made systems of control. All of you so called awaken people NEVER were awake. You are all victims of a system of control that was not only man made but was pushed along to work by evolution.

Man is composed of information in his brain the muscle computer that allows function of your flesh machine body. Everything else we believe in is an illusion to get us to spread our viral existence across the planet.

But you are only describing the biological machine and the mind/ego that is occuping the machine. You might not belive there is more to you but I know that there is more to me. Love in me are not for reproduction since that is not my purpose here. Maybe you should look closer and analys the thing in the unconcious that is not influenced by ego. Sometimes speaking to other without leting you mind/ego have time to react gives you knowledge you did not know about.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

What a sad outlook on life...

I feel sorry for you my dear

:shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
If we were evolved through natural selection, we as a race would have gotten rid of emotion long ago. It is a useless trait when it comes to efficiency. Our race would produce more faster and more successfully if were unemotional. We could have developed resistance to stress, we could have perfected our detox system by now. This is why, although I believe evolution exists, there is equally enough evidence to show that the human race could possibly not have undergone the evolutionary process most mainstream scientist believe it has.

Emotion is a beautiful thing. The first emotion was panic, so that we would be able to run from an enemy when the need arose. But is this really a good thing to evolve? Why not just always be on alert. Who knows, but emotion is more than just chemicals affecting our decisions. They don't come from just the brain, but the heart, and the endocrine glands, even our own minds spawn certain emotions.

And then we have the pineal gland and the Chakra system. I find it funny that this biological body comes with a hidden built in connection of some type that can be turned on from your unconcious. Turning it on will in some instances change the biological bodies reward system totaly so that the brain is slightly high all the time. I recived the information that I needed to change the power distribution system of the body and found that on the normal internet. Now am have I downloaded a new operating system or any other software updates. What more senses can be turned on in the unconcious and what firmware uppgrades can be recived thru the connection? What is the capability of this biological machine when the energy flowing and mind output is at max?

Shakespears Sister - Hello (Turn Your Radio On)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by mr10k

This is true.

I'm not really a religious person, nor am I a hardcore spiritualist by any means, but I do believe in the possibility that there may be a purpose to everything. One reason for this belief is the fact that we have some emotions that would be considered useless from an evolutionary perspective. Take humour for example. How the hell is humour necessary to survive? It isn't. It's almost like it's an extra feature we've been programmed with merely for enjoyment.

Science may have discovered which areas of the brain cause us to laugh, but they still can't tell us why anything is considered funny in the first place, and they probably never will be able to. It's kind of like seeing somebody you know in public and asking them:

"Why did you smile when you noticed me?"
"Because I was happy to see you."
"Yes, but why?"

Things like that can't be answered rationally.

But humor is crucial. It is the thing that makes us continue on even when it is completly dark and against all odds. It is a way to put everything in perspective and not take everything so serious even when it is. It is about letting go and becoming fearless. To survive and go thru the totaly insane and still be able to handle what happened.

top topics

join