It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got ran off the road today and this the way I was treated by the cops in Tampa...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You had your daughter in the car with a six pack headed to the beach?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

but I was not aware that I hit them until the cop said the other car had damage. Learn to read

She asked me why I did not tell her I hit the other car and I told her she didn’t ask.

I know how to read....learn to drive and get your story straight.

Really then why can't you? When she asked why I didn't tell her I hit the car I thought she was talking about when I hit the car with my hand, not realizing that when they cut me off they clipped my front end...

I know how to drive and avoided and major accident several times... not sure there is much hope for your reading skills though because my story never changed...
edit on 2-6-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: to clarify for those that have a hard time reading...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite

No... I was headed to the beach for the day and I was going to stop and pick one up... Since when is an adult not allowed to enjoy a cold one while relaxing in the sun?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Ok then you win...i dont even recall you stating you hit any car with your hand and i'm not willing to read your "testimony" again. And I never said you changed you story...learn to read.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel

This is what happens when too much power is given to the authorities. The power will be used - and misused.

This makes me totally sick.

Right,it's the cops fault.Couldn't possibly have been the op's and the other driver are to blame.

My guess is they both told the police the story they wanted them to believe.They got your story and the other drivers.My guess is that somewhere in between is the truth.Anyway,I'm glad you nor your daughter were injured.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

No... I was headed to the beach for the day and I was going to stop and pick one up... Since when is an adult not allowed to enjoy a cold one while relaxing in the sun?

Responisble parent's don't drink a six pack then drive with their kid in the car.Be glad that this didn't happen AFTER you had that six pack.I can guarentee you once the police smelled alcohol on your breath things would've gotten a lot worse.But again,op,all that matters is that you and your daughter are okay.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hopefully there are cameras around that can back you up.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Ok then you win...i dont even recall you stating you hit any car with your hand and i'm not willing to read your "testimony" again. And I never said you changed you story...learn to read.

I'm not trying to win anything. People asked questions and I answered them.

By your comments I doubt you even read my OP in the first place because I had to keep quoting all the stuff you missed... and if you didn't say I changed my story then why did you say this?

and get your story straight.

Like I said no hope...
edit on 2-6-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

This is what happens when too much power is given to the authorities. The power will be used - and misused.

Right,it's the cops fault.Couldn't possibly have been the op's and the other driver are to blame.

My guess is they both told the police the story they wanted them to believe.They got your story and the other drivers.My guess is that somewhere in between is the truth.Anyway,I'm glad you nor your daughter were injured.

Yeah... my fault for honking my horn and trying to avoid the whole situation TRYing to get to the beach...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Responisble parent's don't drink a six pack then drive with their kid in the car.Be glad that this didn't happen AFTER you had that six pack.I can guarentee you once the police smelled alcohol on your breath things would've gotten a lot worse.But again,op,all that matters is that you and your daughter are okay.

I guess you didn't read the post either because we were going for the day and just because I was going to buy a 6 pk doesn't mean I was going to drink the whole thing @ the beach... Assume much do we?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Hopefully there are cameras around that can back you up.

That's a real good point. I might have to look on Monday because this happened right in front of my office building...

Thanks
but I doubt there are any in front of the stadiums because there is fields for parking on both sides and no buildings... I personally think the damage on their car shows that they cut me off... When the cops pulled my daughter aside they asked her if the guys kicked my car and she said yes as well...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yeah... my fault for honking my horn and trying to avoid the whole situation TRYing to get to the beach...

You should have let it go seeing as your child was in the car.You weren't trying to avoid the situation,atleast not based on a few statements in your op.You escalated it.And so did he.Also,why would you bring your mother to the scene?! If you're under 18 I could see that...but clearly since you were going to buy alcohol..you aren't.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said the other driver was at fault too.And that reply was to the poster who blames the police.The police didn't cause this to happen..you and the other driver did.That's what I getting at.
edit on 2-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Not to be a pain...But what else would you expect to happen with the LEOs? They really don't care about your petty little traffic situation. What they really want is for you to lose your cool and fight back. That gives them a reason to use force against you. No matter what led up to it. They wanted a little action, which you didn't give them. That broke there hearts. Now if you had given them a reason to take action...like maybe pull a gun out, or start shouting at them, or even get back in there face...yeah, they might have done something...To you! I think you handled the situation as best you could. You did the right thing. And going back to take pics was a great idea. But the simple fact remains. In the LEO's eyes, you waisted there time. Next time, and I hope there won't be, make sure you have a video camera handy. The LEOs might be crooked as you know what, but a judge and jury can still see the truth. Good luck to you my friend in the future. I hope this never happens again to you.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You should have let it go seeing as your child was in the car.You weren't trying to avoid the situation,atleast not based on a few statements in your op.You escalated it.And so did he.Also,why would you bring your mother to the scene?! If you're under 18 I could see that...but clearly since you were going to buy alcohol..you aren't.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said the other driver was at fault too.And that reply was to the poster who blames the police.The police didn't cause this to happen..you and the other driver did.That's what I getting at.
edit on 2-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Okay I do not see where it was my fault... he cut me off I blew my horn, he slammed on the breaks, I went around him to avoid the accident, he then pulled up next to us taunting me to pull over (which I didn't), then he cut me off and I got into the left turn lane and turned @ the light, made a u-turn after I saw him drive by, got back on the road (not knowing he was going the same way, turned where we were supposed to, the guy slows down and cuts us off again, I go around him and he pulls up next to us gets out of his car and puts his foot into my car, I pulled around him to block him in so I could get a picture of the car and guy for evidence, he tears off and nearly hits me... Yeah your right I should of never blew my horn or continued on to the beach

As for the cops they had no right to treat me the way they did. They became jury, judge and executioner all in one before they even heard my side. The cop even told me that people cut other people off all the time and he even does it in his patrol car, and I had no right to blow my horn
In Tampa it's illegal to text while driving... Not to mention them telling me if I blew my horn at someone in their neighborhood that I would of ended up dead in a ditch... Yeah no fault on the cops... I guess he also had a right to be 3 inches from my face pushing me back too?

BTW the car insurance is through my mom so she had a right to be there. Plus I know no one in Tampa because I am always with my kid raising her as a single parent.

This was our first weekend together in 2 years because I just started a new job with weekends off...

But thanks for your concern...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ten bucks, he is connected to the police department.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

people do this everyday. Talk about nitpicking.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I would talk to highways immediately and see if you can get copies of the footage from the highway cams, if you can, then you may be able to press charges.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Police are evil, just the same in the U.K. Totalitarian scum on a power trip. Glad you and your daughter are ok. try and get a good attorney and sue there arse off, there must be some CCTV footage.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Glad you and Daughter are OK. People on the roads today are CRAZY, hyped up, aggressive and really really STOOPID ! I had a friend that pulled over under similar situation, and the other driver just looked at him and said "adios MF'er", shot him and drove off. Luckily it hit him in the forearm, he drove about 5 miles to my house and walked in the door and collapsed. He lived and the kid that shot him ended being killed by LEO in shoot out in Florida. Seems everybody has elected him or herself to be the "Most Important Person Earth" and everyone else is in their way. I'm single Dad w/ Daughters also,,, it's tough these days. Stay Safe

On a side note, keep us posted on later findings. Would love to know if it's the "Chicago Mafia"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

plice in florida are notoriously corrupt

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join