It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got ran off the road today and this the way I was treated by the cops in Tampa...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Part 1

I was driving down Dale Mabry in front of the Raymond James Stadium in the next to outside lane. To my right there was a turn lane going into the baseball stadium. Up in front of me in that lane there was a silver colored Infiniti sedan. Coming up to it the sedan cut in front of us without using it’s blinker and forced me to step on the breaks from hitting it, so I laid on my horn. At that time I saw a huge Hummer that was in front of the sedan. In front of the Hummer was a sawhorse blocking the lane.

The sedan stepped on its breaks and I almost hit it so I got over into the outside lane to get around them and shook my head at them as I drove by and got back over in the lane I was in because the lane was a turning lane. The sedan then sped up on my outside and the driver rolled down his window and started yelling at me. I asked him if he knew how to use his blinker and asked him if he was crazy because I had a child in the car with me. The driver told me to pull over and I just ignored him. He then pulled over on the side of Dale Mabry, apparently waiting for me to do the same.

As we passed them he realized I wasn’t pulling over and pulled off the shoulder and cut right in front of me for a second time. I then turned right at the next intersection to get away from them because they had already cut me off twice. I watched the car zoom by and did a u-turn at what was later discovered the police station. We then made a right back onto Dale Mabry and got into the right turn lane to turn onto Columbus towards Westshore, where we were headed to go to Gandy for the day. The traffic was stopped and I did not see the other car anywhere. Then the light turned green and I saw the car turning the same way about 4 cars in front. The car was well in front of me but I got all the way over in the next to inside lane to avoid him. Then I saw the sedan slow down to almost stopping waiting for us. When we got up to where the car was it purposely cut in front of us for a fourth time.

I was forced to slam on my breaks again… I laid on my horn again… I also went around him and pulled up to the light.

They pulled along side of me and the driver got out and was yelling yet again through the window at me and my daughter taunting me to get out. I was scared and tried to ignore him. That was when the guy kicked the side of my car in. That was when I pulled in front of them to block them off so I could jump out and take a picture of their tag. As I was coming round my car the driver got back into his car and ran the red light cutting around the front of my car just missing me. I was fumbling my phone in my hand trying to access the camera but my phone was lagging and not responding. As he almost hit me I swung and his the drivers back window. That was when I got back into my car and dialed 911. I also ran the light not wanting them to get away. That was when I saw them pulled over on the side. I rolled up my windows and locked the doors as we pulled up behind them not knowing what would happen. That was when I got the first picture of the car.

I told the 911 operator where I was and that I was pulling into the parking lot away from them because I was not sure what they were capable of next. I pulled in and turned to the right and parked under a tree out of the sun. I told the operator where I was and that I did not want to go near the guy who was twice my size. I sat down to gain my composure and when I looked back over he was talking to two patrol cars. I did not want to go over there until they were done with him. Then I saw a female officer come into the parking lot and drive right past us not even looking our way. We tried to flag her down but she just drove on and never came back around. I saw a security guard drive by on a golf cart and asked him if he saw a patrol car on the back side because we were waiting on one because some guy just ran us off the road and then kicked the side of my car in. I then called 911 again and explained to the dispatch #91 that the officer just drove by and didn’t even look our way and I wanted someone out there. She asked me to hold while she tried to get a hold of the officer. I heard her discussing the situation with them and she even said “What do you mean you are not going back out there?” That was when I tried to get her attention to see what was going on. She got back on and said that they refused to come back out. I was outraged. She told me that someone would be calling me and if they didn’t to call back and ask for #91. No one showed back up and I called 911 for a third time. I asked for dispatch 91 but the operator asked what for. I explained to her what was going on and she said that they thought they had already talked to the victim. I explained to her that I was the victim and the side of my car had been kicked in. She said they were coming back out.
edit on 2-6-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Part 2

When the officer arrived he asked how I was and I said “not good”. He asked what was going on. I told him that some guy was running me off the road and then kicked the side of my car in. He then stopped me and got within 6 inches of my face saying that he had 2 witnesses that said I was the aggressor. I said if that was true then they did not see where it all started at. He then kept pushing me back by getting closer and closer to my face. I kept backing away and he kept coming forward toward me getting in my face. I asked him to stop but he kept coming. The whole time accusing me saying I was cutting him off and why would 2 other people who did not know either of us call and say I was the aggressor. There was no way I could answer that because it was rhetorical. He also asked why would he pull over and call them. Again, a rhetorical question I could not answer. Then he asked why I did not come over to them when I saw they were there. I told them the guy just scared the # out of me because he was twice my size and just kicked a huge dent in my car. Then he accused me of lying and said he did not want to take me to jail in front of my daughter. I asked him what for because I was doing nothing wrong and I just wanted to tell my side of the story.

Now I was not only scared from the situation, but now I was scared of the way I was getting treated. They accused me of hiding out and asked why I did not try and flag them down. I told them I did but the female cop did not even look our way. I told them if I was the aggressor then why did I call 911 3 xs to get someone out there. Afraid of the cops I called my mom and asked for her to get there and explained to her what had happened. Not once was I treated with any dignity. They had about 5 cars there. I sat down and began to cry. My daughter came over and sat down with me and told me that she would protect me. It was hot outside so I told her to get into the car so I could turn the ac on. I sat there for a few minutes shaking and then they came and took my daughter away and a different officer came and opened my leaning in to tell me filing a false report is a criminal offense and I told him I know but how could they do that if no one would listen to my side. That was the first time I was able to give my side. By this time I was so shaken it was really hard to gather my thoughts and I was feeling stressed out from the interrogation. The officer told me that in the 18 yrs he has worked he has never seen a dent put in a car without leaving a foot print. I had not even looked at the damage closely enough at the time so I had not noticed. I just knew he did it at the light. Then he made the accusation that it had been there. I was losing it and started crying again.

Finally my mom pulled up and came over to the car. I tried to tell her what was going on and exactly what happened. Then a cop came over and said there was damage on the other car. I did not notice the sedan had comeback. She asked me why I did not tell her I hit the other car and I told her she didn’t ask. I thought she was talking about when he almost ran me over and when I swung it did some damage. Then she started looking at the front of my car. I told her the damage was on the side, not the front. That was when she said there was blue paint on the rear bumper of the sedan. I told her that if there was paint it came from when he cut me off, but I hadn’t realized I hit them. I was not sure when this happened because he cut me off 3 times so it could of happened any of those times. My mom ran over to take a picture of where the damage was but the car sped off. We were able to see the damage was on the side and rear, which could of only happened if he was cutting me off. The only time the cops backed off me was after my mom had gotten there. Besides that they were making smug remarks to me, telling me that I had no right to blow my horn and that people cut other people off all the time, and that he even does it in his patrol car. One officer even said that I should be glad he, the driver, didn’t kick my face in. Then he told me that the guy said he was scared for the safety of his family and pregnant wife. He also claimed to have another kid in the car. I never saw any passengers besides the driver and the face of the woman from a distance. He told me that I got out of my car after blocking them in and almost hitting him and that we were arguing face to face. He also claimed to not kicking my car in until I almost ran him over. The rest is a burr because I was still in shock that I was being verbally abused by the comments of the officers on scene and just wanted to go home but I was still shaken up and couldn’t drive.

After a few minutes I was ready to leave. We decided to go back to my house, but when I crossed the area of where it all happened I wanted to go back and take pictures of everything so I could piece the whole ordeal back together. BTW the guy was 3xs my size...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Holy # man. What the hell is wrong with people? By the way, do you have a gun and a ccw? Stuff like this is why i pack heat. What if he had shot you?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thats a pretty #ty day wow.

Atleast you and your daughter are ok.

the way they treated you is so unfair its almost unbelievable!

ETA: Wow 3xthesize your either a really small midget or he was a fat SOB in which case you should of just walked around him and kick him in the ass
edit on 2-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

This is what happens when too much power is given to the authorities. The power will be used - and misused.

This makes me totally sick.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm a white guy 6'2" 210 lbs with arthritis in my right shoulder... this guy was a huge 6'4" - 6'5" black guy and about 350 lbs of mussel...

I was wearing a bathing suit and t-shirt with flip flops... hardly intimidating anyone...

I just wanted to grab a 6 pk and head to the beach and relax because my shoulder was in pain...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I guess i repplied before you posted part 2. Man, i cant stand most cops. I always see them doing stuff like this.
I watched one beat someone til the point of bleeding for not walking fast enough one time. Im not going to tell about my experiences cause im in a good mood...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All that was going on and you managed to get all those pictures???

How?? I can barely operate my camera while sitting still......

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My mom is getting me a lawyer because the other guy is claiming I was the aggressor. The cops said they had other witnesses that said I was at fault, but when I pulled over the two in the sedan were on their phones. My mom thinks they had people call in for them. Next week we are getting the police report and my mom is going to try and get a transcript of the 911 calls I made.

I put my heart and soul into that car... I don't make much money and it takes months to save for parts and upgrades, most of which I try to do myself. They people in fancier cars think they can just run us off the road because they got more money.

Now HE can pay for the next upgrade...

and yes my daughter is fine. She was shaken up too because the jerk never came to my side and was yelling through her @ me. The police also pulled her aside without asking me and questioned her... Not sure if that is legal or not.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

After it all happened and I was calmed down I went back to the scenes to make sure I had all the details...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My mom said the officer made a comment that if I had blown my horn at someone in his neighborhood that I would be lying face down in a ditch dead somewhere...

Our tax dollars hard at work America...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
its a real shame that when dialing 911 for help
you end up in more trouble then the aggressor
im glad you and your daughter werent hurt

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I know you tried matey but cameras cameras cameras!!! The first hint of ANYTHING and my camera is activated.
Also, dont turn it off just coz the cops arrive, keep it going ALL THE TIME.

What a sh*ty day you had. Give your daughter a cuddle get a beer and make yourself laugh.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sorry you had such a crappy day...but not only did you fail to tell us of the collision...you're suggesting this guy recruited two unknown people to help conspire against you...you will lose this case.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Sorry you had such a crappy day...but not only did you fail to tell us of the collision...you're suggesting this guy recruited two unknown people to help conspire against you...you will lose this case.

I'm not sure if you read it correctly, but I was not aware that I hit them until the cop said the other car had damage. Learn to read please before you comment or how else would you of known it was hit
BTW my car was backed into on my birthday last year and the damage is still on the front bumper. I also did not suggest anything... my mom did... but thanks for your concern... good to see some people are blind even though I put up pics... maybe if you actually looked at the picture you would see the blue actually wraps around the back left side of his bumper... which could only happen if he cut me off... not the other way around... so I will win the case because I will be telling the truth and not lying...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I know you tried matey but cameras cameras cameras!!! The first hint of ANYTHING and my camera is activated.
Also, dont turn it off just coz the cops arrive, keep it going ALL THE TIME.

What a sh*ty day you had. Give your daughter a cuddle get a beer and make yourself laugh.

You know I just took justinTV off my phone which is live broadcasting... but then I might of ended up like the poor people in Chicago or Wall St....

I did try to get my camera going but I was down to 20% from talking with my mom and when it was all happening it was freezing up... damn epic 4g...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I see the pics...but your narrative lays out how you kept AVOIDING a collision...so to me it seems that your trying your case here first to see if you can win. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the story you lay out does not add up to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

I see the pics...but your narrative lays out how you kept AVOIDING a collision...so to me it seems that your trying your case here first to see if you can win. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the story you lay out does not add up to me.

I put it up here to document it... Last I checked this was the ranting forum... and I did TRY and avoid the whole situation because my daughter was in the car but the guy was waiting on me and taunting me... and if you read the bottom part

"Then a cop came over and said there was damage on the other car. I did not notice the sedan had comeback. She asked me why I did not tell her I hit the other car and I told her she didn’t ask. I thought she was talking about when he almost ran me over and when I swung it did some damage. Then she started looking at the front of my car. I told her the damage was on the side, not the front. That was when she said there was blue paint on the rear bumper of the sedan. I told her that if there was paint it came from when he cut me off, but I hadn’t realized I hit them."

you will see where I did talk about the collision... so yes... learn to read my friend... besides it was scraps and no dents... like the side of my car... and did not create an adjustment to my forward progression so it was not recognizable, or felt... why would I leave something out that worked in my favor

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

but I was not aware that I hit them until the cop said the other car had damage. Learn to read

She asked me why I did not tell her I hit the other car and I told her she didn’t ask.

I know how to read....learn to drive and get your story straight.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Double post due a glitch in the matrix...

edit on 2-6-2012 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join