It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone Exposes Horrific Military Training Video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by borntowatch

They do not "cut up" the fetus whilst still alive. You are the sensationalist drama queen.

nah.. they just carelessly suck it up through a small tube that is much smaller than the fetus. Kinda like being sucked in through a black hole.

Much more humane... I tell ya.

Idiots.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MrWendal

Well I am seeing no context for what the training is actually for

Really? You're not? Did you watch the whole video? Do you have any sort of basic reasoning skills?

No I don't. I can't even read. Thanks for asking.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yes, because ritually sacrificing goats is how one becomes a good medical technician.

Harvard Medical is just stocked to the ceiling with goats.

The responses in support of this haven't ranged far from the rudimentary, "It's your fault if you're not apathetic enough to agree with this."
edit on 3-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is advanced field medical training for special forces medics that are being trained to treat the wounded when on operation behind enemy lines.

Bolt cutters(actually tree branch cutters) are use as a field "expedient" replacement for the fancy hospital amputation kit you would find in a hospital.

This training is why the survival rate for wounded US troops in combat is higher then for car crash victims in the states.

i have worked with a army reservist that was a paramedic and he had removed someone lower leg that was trapped in a car under a railroad car over night.
if they had removed him with the leg still attached he would have died from the toxins in the dead tissue of the leg when circulation was restored.(Crush syndrome, traumatic rhabdomyolysis or Bywaters' syndrome)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

Lesser of two evils principle [wiki]

The lesser of two evils principle (or lesser evil principle) is the idea in politics and political science that of two bad choices, one isn't as bad as the other and should be chosen over the one that is the greater threat.

Now for some comparison and contrast ...

OL turns nasty big bright BURNING spotlight onto the issue ...

American Soldier Steps on IED In Afghanistan (Graphic Head Cam Footage) October 2011 (by TheMaverick posted on 20-10-2011 @ 04:06 AM) [ATS Middle East Forum]

Originally posted by TheMaverick
American Soldier Steps on IED In Afghanistan

This video is just a short clip of the full gory version, of a American soldier, who steps on a IED in Afghanistan, and gets blown up pretty bad, and has half his face blown off, foot and most of his arm, it's filmed by a another soldiers head cam, and highlights how dangerous it is in Afghanistan, and why its time to end the pointless conflict, and any young person, who wants to join the military, should watch this, to show, its not a Xbox game, this is real dangerous sh!t.

(WARNING Graphic)
[REDACTED BY OL AS YOUTUBE VID HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUTUBE... pls access the full vid linked below in this quoted text]

Here is the full 30+ min version, on Michael Yon blog, were other marines, struggle to keep this poor guy alive, while they wait for a evac. WARNING VERY GRAPHIC.

Please see linked thread for full article. ALSO please note that the 'victim' of the IED was an afghan soldier and not an american. I bring that to your immediate attention so as to avoid confusion and pointless reply posts on that issue.

Now which is the lesser of the two evils ...

1] Using the goats [which are slated for destruction ... they are unfortunately doomed no matter what
] in a proffesional and dispassionate as can be manner, so as to teach a large number of young soldiers to literally harden the hell up and get on with the required job of saving somebodies life as is depicted in the graphic video linked in the above quoted text. The goats death MAY provide that required skillset.

OR ...

2] Not using these goats [which are still slated for immediate destruction ... remember they are 100% completely doomed and there is no saving them at all ok
] and these young soldiers [medics?
] may not have the skills or EXPERIENCE to deal proffesionally and dispassionately when the times comes to be johnny on the spot. The goats death would provide NOTHING of worth!

Personal Disclosure: Because the goats are Damned if you do, damned if you don't! [wiki]

edit on 3-6-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

edit on 3-6-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to edit and redact removed youtube vud and redirect to Michael Yons blog vid.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

mate, i guess if you have to address a field wound with a set of bolt or tree cutters to save me, then, it is what it is.
edit on 3-6-2012 by repeatoffender because: grammar

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I really don't understand.

Please explain to me how putting a tourniquet on a tortured, butchered goat that is for the most part unconscious (yet alive and can still feel pain) going to assist you in a situation similar to the video you posted? Go ahead and explain it, because the anatomy of a goat is in no way similar to a man. "I learned how to cutoff blood flow to a severed limb 5-inches in diameter. I puts the tourniquet on and I's done. Ship me off to war!"

How is the training going to help you if the wounded soldier is screaming in your face in brutal agony because he's in a lot of pain and realizes he's too young to die. Do you get that training from an unconscious goat?

If we're talking about "stopping bleeding", or dressing real wounds... all I can say is, "Are you serious?" While not easy, it's not rocket science either. There are far better methods. You don't even need a $5-10,000 (I presume) dummy to teach you either.

Interesting you use the "lesser evil" principle, fully admitting that it's a surreal and loathsome practice but one must reassure themselves with apathy anyway.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I just viewed the video and the way the medics worked was amazing and heart wrenching, so if this is how these men were trained to become the lifesavers they are then so be it. Because as hard as it maybe to watch for some people to see these men work is awe inspiring.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join