It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone Exposes Horrific Military Training Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In this video, Stone exposes what appears to be a military training class...Cutting off the limbs and worse...of a LIVE goat. WARNING. You know the deal. Don't watch if you can't handle it.

Is this where I am supposed to say "Oh, well glad that wasn't a prisoner from Abu Gharab, or an Iraqi you were killing instead?"

:shk:

I mean yeah, people kill animals. I mean yeah, people kill people. So? That make this any more acceptable?

More humane ways are available to practice on, as stated in the video.
I think PETA has a legitimate beef here, no pun intended.

edit on Sat Jun 2nd 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It looked dead as a door nail to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Even the military got to eat
It's just survival training
Though maybe they should have clubbed the goat over the head first

Cran

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Maximizing the "wrongness" of it. Way to go peta.

Suppose a swimmer gets his or her leg chomped off by a shark, coast guard comes in, and thinks "oh boy, this is just like the goat leg being cut off. My training tells me to do ____"
Seems worthwhile.

I'm all for simulations, but there really is no substitute for real life.
At least they anesthetized the goats first.
edit on 6/2/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How more plainly obvious can it be that there are too many people on this planet with holes in their souls where their hearts should be.
If it doesn't bother you that this is happening, that you can easily justify it as "necessary" training, please hurry up and start evolving, im sure you can't have a lot of hair left on the backs of your knuckles after dragging them for so long.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bolt cutters? These people scared of using a knife? These stupid instructors need to be replaced with someone that knows what they are doing. Hell my dad taught me how to catch, kill and clean rabbits with my bare hands when I was ten. Man survival training is slipping.

Bolt cutters
yeah like everyone carries those in their rucksacks.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Dead or not, thats sociopathic behavior.

How is this training again? And if it is, training for what?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

At least they anesthetized the goats first

In the field the anesthetic will be either a
Bullet or Knife
Probably would be easier to shoot the goat than chasing after it with a knife

Cran

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Its called survival training. When's the last time you learned to butcher your own meat? There are going to be times in an operational environment that butchering an animal for food is going to be necessary. The process is not pretty, but knowing how to do it could mean the difference between life and death.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

As a hunter, thats not how you butcher meat in the field. Not even close. Ive field dressed deer, moose and bison. If thats how you field dress a goat, then it should be a crime.

For #s sakes bolt cutters are not needed in any way, shape or form durring a dress down.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's pretty safe to assume from the responses that no one knows what they are training for.

My guess was some sort of medical/first aid/trauma training.
Some think field survival
Some think murder/torture training
Regardless, how can you say it's inappropriate if you don't even know what the goal of the exercise is?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You guys are sick.

Would you really catch a wild animal and decided to skin and hack it into pieces before making sure it was dead?
If so then you need to get help.

The fact there stabbing and cutting while the animal is still alive is just wrong.
I just can't imagine being so callous. If im going to butcher an animal i'd make sure its dead.

If its for medical training. then it is unnecessary. My friend must of forgot to tell me about the bit where he used bolt cutters on a LIVE goat when learning to become a doctor.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

It is if youre pressed on time guy.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by AaronWilson

It is if youre pressed on time guy.

Oh please tell all of us a situation where your so pressed for time you manage to catch an animal cut it up but still don't have time to make sure its dead.

The fact your defending this,is quite disgusting

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Courses conducted by civilian contractors - saves money no doubt using live goats.
I find this disgusting and really unnecessary.
And no, this isn't how you field dress game unless you're doing in between cutting your hedges.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Disgusting behaviour, but I suppose its part of de-sensitising each individual soldier... that's when soldiers regard themselves as a number and not a human being.

I cant wait for all this unnecessary violence and suffering to end.

K
edit on 2/6/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Would you really catch a wild animal and decided to skin and hack it into pieces before making sure it was dead?

That would have to depend on how hungry i was at the time

Cran

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ok, I have taken part in this type of training. I would like to make a few points.

1. Unless you have put a tourniquet on someones mangled bloody stump because their leg just got blown off, or you have had to pinch an artery shut while someone else is packing gauze into a groin cavity, you can go right ahead and shut the hell up (i.e. Mr. Stone).

Ask anyone who has been to Afghanistan the last few years, and they will tell you that was the best training they had prior to deployment.

2. We used pigs, not goats. You have to give it a name or call it the patient, you are not permitted to call it a pig. The animals are sedated with ketamine every 5 to 10 minutes, to ensure they do not feel any pain.

it is the anaesthetic of choice when reliable ventilation equipment is not available. Ketamine tends to increase heart rate and blood pressure. Because ketamine tends to increase or maintain cardiac output, it is sometimes used in anesthesia for emergency surgery when the patient's fluid volume status is unknown (e.g., from traffic accidents).

The animals used are also riddled with tumors and unfit for food. How they got that way or where they came from, I don't know.

Just the other side of the story, before you start jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

And no, this isn't how you field dress game unless you're doing in between cutting your hedges.

Umm, not to go too far off topic or anything, but since when do you trim hedges with bolt cutters? I dunno, maybe they raised you different, but in my neck of the woods we use hedge trimmers.

J/K...
I get your point.

No one is looking out for the goat's life.
Perhaps they ought to...no...nvm...This just isn't right folks.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
reply to post by Bixxi3

That would have to depend on how hungry i was at the time

Cran

This is why ATS needs to add a
option right next to the star option.
So the poster knows just how much people don't like him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join