It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were you in the "Gifted Program" ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I was in the gifted program in elementary school,but I just lost interest. Just wrote anything on tests hoping too get out. I just wanted to be outside. They eventually put me back in class with my friends,but they would still send a very tall woman to test me occasionally,but I would write the wrong answer,pretty smart for a third grader

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Roundtree

I rode the short bus!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
No but I was in another special class, and some amazing things happened in there. Like Adam snotty noise picked his noise so hard a giant blood snot ball came out and he eat it....yeah I hear he's doing big things these days.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Evan_Dood

Wow, thanks everyone for all the replies! It sounds like ALOT of us ended up here, strange indeed lol. Now evan, you mentioned you watched a show about a boat and something about mayans, was the show the voyage of the mimi? And i too remember the mayan show, not sure what its called though.

Did anyone else watch "The Voyage of the Mimi"?
We also played many mind games, mancalla was a big one, the rush hour games where you had to unscramble all the cars etc, anyone mess with these?

I dont know, I just really believe the gifted program was put in place to identify the up and coming star children, or whatever we may be, Im going to research more into the seperate programs and make a detailed post eventually. Thanks everyone again!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I was in it. I wish they had not stopped it. When I hit high school all they offered was advanced math. I hate math so that ended that. Gifted class was the only thing I ever enjoyed about school even a little bit.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roundtree
I dont know, I just really believe the gifted program was put in place to identify the up and coming star children, or whatever we may be, Im going to research more into the seperate programs and make a detailed post eventually. Thanks everyone again!

We didn't have gifted programs when I was in elementary school but both of my children were in the gifted program here. And yes, they were taken out of their normal classes and given access to different types of learning. They both loved it and thrived.

That said, I don't see any relationship between gifted children (in the public school setting) and star children. Especially how star children on the internet are portrayed. Do you believe you meet the criteria for being a star child? www.drboylan.com... As you can see, the gifted program doesn't really focus on much of that.

edit on 3/6/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I haven't thought about this in quite a while - mine was called the "TAG" group - for talented and gifted. I was 6 when it started, back in 1978 in the mid-west part of Virginia. I remember exactly when it all started, actually. It was after a spelling bee, and they had to go up to the 5th grade level to find a word that stumped me. I remember feeling weird, because I saw the faces of the other kids and the teachers as the spelling bee went on. It was the very first time I clearly remember getting "The Look", of which many of you are familiar with.

After that, I was tested repeatedly - and then the field trips started, which I liked for the most part. My most memorable one was when I got to go to D.C. to see the White House. I don't remember much about the others, which is kind of odd because I've got a super good memory in general, but it could have been that they were just boring. The D.C. trip was special to me because I went without my parents and got to room with 3 other girls that were from other schools, and that I really felt comfortable with. Looking back, I find it odd that my parents let their then 7 year old daughter go to D.C. without them, but times were different back then and kids were routinely shipped off to camps and things without a second thought.

I hadn't thought about being tracked for that particular reason, but now I wonder. I still have the letter the school sent to my parents and some of the test results. Makes me want to go back and take a closer look at who was behind it, because one thing is for sure - I have had one crazy time of it in this life. The ufo encounters started when I was 12, and have continued off and on throughout my entire life. Up until now I assumed that "they" were checking on me because of a few reasons - my negative blood type, and/or some genetic traits that I carry (most notably the fact that a "double uterus" runs in myself and some of the other women in my family). Unfortunately, my son and my niece have had ufo encounters as well. And by the way - my niece is in a gifted and talented program in school as we speak.

Thanks for bringing this up - any connection feels like it is bringing me closer to finding out what in the world has been going on in my life. Sometimes it feels like the information is swirling around in my head like pieces of glitter in a snowglobe that's been shaken - I'm just waiting for enough pieces to settle down so I can see what's really there. It sucks to never know for sure.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'm sure many of you have heard of the gifted program, if not, it is a program set up basically to first identify "gifted" children, and then bring them all to different schools to learn different things, once a week. They took IQ tests, constantly gave us projects which were high complexity for 7-8 year olds, as well as other mentally challenging tests. The wierd thing was out of say 7-8 schools in the area, there were only 20 of us in the gifted program, called Odyssey in my region.

My experience

I was also in the gifted program in the late 1970's. Tests, pulled out of class and put in the program. In my case, it was basically a "choose your own classes" sort of program. I decided on computer programming (yep, we had computers in 1975) and photography. Wound up winning awards in both fields. And it paid off - now I'm sitting here with 4 servers and two laptops not making a dime being a talk show host. Go figure.

Also paid for co-education in the local community college - when I graduated I received two degrees.

Thoughts

There were 10 of us in the program. We were sort of looked upon (by the other students) in the same way as the jocks were. But we usually kept to ourselves in our own clique. I mean we made Tesla coils and ran around the school with lightning shooting out of rods.

As far as the actual education goes, it was weird because all the teachers (one was Ann Antel - look her up, big Jeopardy winner) went out of their way to take care of us. We took trips to Chicago to the science fair, worked on mainframe computers, did advanced physics, learned advanced logic, I took hand to hand combat training with a Viet Nam special forces veteran (you could do that back then), all the cool stuff.

I have always thought that it was a good program - one of the only good things that the government ever did for me. It's nice to have brains but good God, I think more students could benefit from this in the long run.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Well thats something I have not thought about in awhile.I got an alabama edumucation,I was put into a class I still don't understand.I was put in at 6th grade,took an IQ test (never told the results).I forgot the name of the class,but we didn't leave to goto other schools we were taken out of regular class and put into another room.
We read stories,I do remember doing something with stocks.The stories we read had a meaning or a moral and we were supposed to summarize what it was at the end.Looking back it seemed like a advanced class but at the time I didn't know why I was in there and thought I was in a "stupid class".

Thanks to the OP,for the trip on memory lane

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yea I was put in one when entering junior high, everything went down hill after that, I became bored, nervous, hated going to school, dropped out, became a hippie.........dropped way out, long story.

Were we all RH negatives?

I wonder how many put in these programs later had emotional or mental health issues, drug or alcohol problems.
edit on 083030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When I attended middle school in Hackensack, NJ kids were separated by performance between three different teachers and I happened to be in the top tier but there was also a higher extra-curricular program called Odyssey of the Mind or OM. Unfortunately it only seemed to be the wealthy white kids that were allowed to participate for some strange reason ( I am black) even though I scored higher on aptitude tests than most of the kids that were in the school.
Anyway, they were tasked with creating visual routines that represented math and science with props and movements. Sort of like performing art dance or The Blue Man Group only with equations and symbols. They were routinely pulled from regular class to work on their projects while the rest of us didn't have a choice in even applying.
Before then I went to school in northwestern Virginia where Mr. Jefferson's University is and most of my classmates played an instrument and we all read at or above a 8th grade level. This was at the age of about 7 or 8 but the education was more advanced there then in NJ.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Infra_red because: Add On

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I rode the short bus!

I highly doubt that.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well done thread and needed, flag and star.
It seems the somewhat advanced of us (one way or another) who really
didn't want to play the globalist games also got crushed early by the
closet communists with the erasers and psyop clubs.
A good indicator of tyranny's worst drawback, destroyed potential.
Find out who's funding the 'special kids' programs in your kid's school:
you might be shocked, maybe not. Thanks for the short stump... I
checked out as probably smart enough to be troublesome to them.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i think i may have went to college at 8 years old. i say 'think' because it was some sort a top secret government project. i have no qualms identifying it as a top secret project, as it hasn't been a secret for a number of years...

i was studied at the local university. but it all looked completely normal on the surface. complete with regular friends and childhood activities.

surely they, whoever that is, must be pleased with the outcome.

edit on 3-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My brother and I were part of the program. We were noticed by our teachers and tested and got into a school called Old Donation.

My brother went for Academics and I went for the Art program. I believe I had an option and chose the art program. It was pretty advanced. We had three art teachers and they exposed our small group to some amazing concepts for elementary school kids.

I recall my brother doing a lot of interesting projects.
Well we were always different anyway and stood out from the crowd. This is back when teachers used to actually like gifted kids..before the bizarre standards they have to follow now to make all square pegs fit through round holes.
edit on 3-6-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2010/05/01/MN2N1D26NV.DTL&ao=all

Apparently they are cutting the funding

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I was in a few different gifted programs because we moved. I'm not sure who put them together. There were IQ tests. I was 168 in 7th grade. I'm surprised it's that high. I don't feel extra smart. (although I think some are extra stupid) I started school in 1970.
edit on 3/6/12 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I know smart people.
I know people who are not so smart.

But is a person good?

You don't need smarts, wsdom, intelligence to have a good heart.

So short bus, special classes, IQ tests, don't mean anything if you aren't good.

Just my wee little opinion. What do I know?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I'm sure many of you have heard of the gifted program, if not, it is a program set up basically to first identify "gifted" children, and then bring them all to different schools to learn different things, once a week. They took IQ tests, constantly gave us projects which were high complexity for 7-8 year olds, as well as other mentally challenging tests. The wierd thing was out of say 7-8 schools in the area, there were only 20 of us in the gifted program, called Odyssey in my region.

Was this an attempt to get the intelligent children on the books? find out who they are and watch them as they mature?

Also, how many of us ended up here? the gifted program taught us to reason, to ask why and how things happen, which is what this and other conspiracy sites are all about. Id advise you all to research star children, and compare the characteristics to the gifted program. I'm sure that we are in a record somewhere, identified as possible star children or something, what are your guys' thoughts?

Strangest of all is that you never managed to grasp English. I would expect better from someone in a "gifted program"

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

well... lets be honest our school system would make many kids look gifted it is that easy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join