It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of White Supremacy in World Mass Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You've seen it folks in world media outlets or even in local countries where whites claim to co-exist equally with colored peoples they invaded and subdued long ago...

...Just open the internet and you see it isn't!! A colored person if they want to make it to the news, they had to do something ridiculously heroic or good, commit a crime, an athlete from a popular sports, popular performing artist.

A white person on the other hand will also make it to the news doing those above and less extreme examples which is probably a very long list! They can also make it to the news doing the silliest 'cute' things that only colored people could hope for (are mass media trying to portray colored race as ugly, uncute, unpleasant??)

For trivial things like health, business, and other helpful-tips sections, you'll almost NEVER see a colored person used in the illustrations. Always a white caucasian person!

I have nothing against white caucasians, but definitely I do have rantings against the mass media on their practice. The practice is painting a mental picture that you can't trust a colored person and they are unpleasant to be around and would drive away customers, etc.... Unfortunately it seems to be working and reality is if you are a colored person, you have to work a lot harder, do a lot better, smile a lot harder than white folks if you want to get the same treatment as them

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Where do you live?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A lot of white people have convinced themselves that racism or discrimination against non-whites doesn't exist.

edit on 2-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I agree with you but in honesty I am sick and tired of the politically correct drones making an issue out of racial equality regardless. White's are just as oppressed in this day and age with many articles that play on white guilt for crimes that were committed by white people from a generation that isn't even our own. Sure there are many racists about today, but I think the majority of people are good and actually believe in equality; certainly within the UK at least.

So if the laws and mainstream social opinion these days actually promote racial equality it might be possible that the reason that the remnants of racial equality still exists today, is due to the press writing about it and dragging up the issue over and over again.

I have to conclude that posts and articles like this in the media ultimately serve to contribute to the problem by raising awareness of it.
edit on 2-6-2012 by lioninthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
You've seen it folks in world media outlets or even in local countries where whites claim to co-exist equally with colored peoples they invaded and subdued long ago...

...Just open the internet and you see it isn't!! A colored person if they want to make it to the news, they had to do something ridiculously heroic or good, commit a crime, an athlete from a popular sports, popular performing artist.

A white person on the other hand will also make it to the news doing those above and less extreme examples which is probably a very long list! They can also make it to the news doing the silliest 'cute' things that only colored people could hope for (are mass media trying to portray colored race as ugly, uncute, unpleasant??)

For trivial things like health, business, and other helpful-tips sections, you'll almost NEVER see a colored person used in the illustrations. Always a white caucasian person!

I have nothing against white caucasians, but definitely I do have rantings against the mass media on their practice. The practice is painting a mental picture that you can't trust a colored person and they are unpleasant to be around and would drive away customers, etc.... Unfortunately it seems to be working and reality is if you are a colored person, you have to work a lot harder, do a lot better, smile a lot harder than white folks if you want to get the same treatment as them

White people should be in the media more, if you're talking about the media in the US.

Would it bother you if white people got 3x more media coverage than all the other races?

Does it bother you that white people consist of 3x the population of all the other races in America.

I think you need to consider that.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I can understand your frustration, but in all honesty, if you look at the divide and conquer tactics that the MSM uses against EVERYONE you might actually be able to see that they are playing everyone!

They use race, religion, politics etc etc.

I will leave this with a quote from Anthony Bourdain on the travel channel, "Everytime you can walk in another persons shoes, the world becomes a slightly better place."......

I think the MSM race baiters do a fine job of upsetting everyone and it seems to work everytime.... Hate begets hate period!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
A lot of white people have convinced themselves that racism or discrimination against non-whites doesn't exist.

A lot of white people have convinced their selves that racism or discrimination against white people isn't a problem, and never will be.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lioninthenorth

only privelaged white guys go around say they are discriminated against.

what a bunch of hogwash. and you are how making white guys look like whiney pussies.

while we are at it, for once i want to see a vacuum cleaner or or cleaning product commercial have a man in it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by ahnggk

I can understand your frustration, but in all honesty, if you look at the divide and conquer tactics that the MSM uses against EVERYONE you might actually be able to see that they are playing everyone!

They use race, religion, politics etc etc.

I will leave this with a quote from Anthony Bourdain on the travel channel, "Everytime you can walk in another persons shoes, the world becomes a slightly better place."......

I think the MSM race baiters do a fine job of upsetting everyone and it seems to work everytime.... Hate begets hate period!

Absolutely Amen to that!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by ahnggk

It's true that divide is there.

But it's in the 'light topics' that can be destructive. It can be so subtle that for all the time, you'll never notice that racism exist, thus, no one ever does anything about it.

Example can be in popular media outlets available in www. Let's look at light topics as: 'cooking tips', 'how to look younger', 'get the perfect job', 'how to improve sex life'.

You can be sure that white caucasians will be the models used in illustrations in such topics predominantly by a huge margin. I'm talking of a factor of 10:1. Also, it doesn't take much for a white to make it to the headlines!

Not a problem?? The problem now is that people seem brainwashed to the idea that white caucasian features are the pinnacle of beauty, success, fame, and power.

How is this a problem??

1. Employers will tend to be biased against colored applicants (they may not even know they have that bias!!)
2. Everyone wants to marry a white
3. People of color wants to look white!! They will dye their hair blonde, bleach their skin, etc..
4. People trusts a white easier than people of color
5. Obviously, this will cause economical and social issues for people of color due to less opportunities about the good things in life.

I won't be surprised if studies conducted later that minority social issues is eventually linked to white dominancy in mass media.

Now looking at a solution. I believe that minority social issues can be reduced by a significant margin if mass media will take a resolve, not just create more opportunities for themselves but everyone.

They shouldn't just 'advertise' the white race, they should 'advertise' people of color too. If bad happens to colored people, trust me, the white race will also be affected severely

edit on 2-6-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by lioninthenorth

only privelaged white guys go around say they are discriminated against.

what a bunch of hogwash. and you are how making white guys look like whiney pussies.

while we are at it, for once i want to see a vacuum cleaner or or cleaning product commercial have a man in it.

So because I am white, you dismiss the fact that I might also feel discriminated against because I happen to be white? You also assume I am from a privileged background because I am white?

Oh the irony; and my point proven.
edit on 2-6-2012 by lioninthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

That is why I asked the question of location. The msm is always going to pander to the largest group. That is there money base.

As for white people getting in the media for little things, Maybe true but half the time its for stupid stuff. Watch " Jackass" are " Worlds Dumbest " Mostly white. I', so proud. ( sarcasim )

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Huh? In the UK there is a representation of black people that far outweighs their presence in the whole of the country. In every advert there is always somewhere a black person. Only in a few specific adverts there are just whites. It is so obvious that we are often pointing it out here at home. In every movie I watch there are black people.
However I have yet to see an African movie [from Africa by Africans] doing the same and include a white person. Just watch "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". The only whites included are always [without fail] stupid or are made fun out of. Yes I happen to watch that program a lot, despite of this.
Personally I find tokenism as bad as total avoidance. White people seem to feel obliged to include blacks, even if they doesn't fit into the settings [i.e places where you would normally not find any black people. Because if they don't, they are called racist.

Whilst in London there is a large black community, which IMO is represented fairly in mundane stuff such as adverts or magazine shoots, whilst sometimes it seems out of balance [i.e too much], when you live outside large cities.
Maybe the people making the adverts etc don't want to include a black person. That is their right if they are paying for it. There is no agenda.

OP I felt actually uncomfortable reading your post as it is not very well researched [no examples] but only a sort of personal viewpoint that is easily disclaimed.
I have black friends and worked with many and I have to say that there are ALWAYS one [some] who blame their own shortcomings, laziness or stupidity on "Is it cause I is black?"
Fortunately there are those others that would tell them the truth,[ something no white person would be allowed to do]. Watch their faces when their own tell them that they are being fired because their work ethics stink. The truth hurts. Equality hurts if you have to chip exactly like everyone else to get your wages rather than get money out of pity.

All I am saying is that everyone has the same opportunities, all black people I know have studied and are in good jobs and they cam from a very poor background.

If you think you are under represented on TV, why don't you take on photography, film making or such like and do something about it?
Write a blog, start a facebook page, get signatures etc etc etc
If that's not possible, collect evidence and send it to Offcom or some other regulatory authority that is responsible for TV and advertising in your country?
Instead you whinge on a conspiracy forum.
If you want change, do something.
I personally hate that animals are treated badly, it drives me mad. Guess what, I am a member of the RSPCA and at least 5 other organisations. I write letters to my MP and do hands on stuff as well, whenever it is available. I rescue animals when I can. I am doing something.

Stop moaning, you are equal and equality means that you have the right to do something about things you don't like. I can't stand people who feel victims when there is no crime.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

That is just wrong. I hope someone gets fired over that.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

I have nothing against white caucasians, but definitely I do have rantings against the mass media on their practice. The practice is painting a mental picture that you can't trust a colored person and they are unpleasant to be around and would drive away customers, etc....

I'm white so I won't even pretend to see what you're seeing. I will tell you this, though; I wouldn't want to be around Mike Tyson any more than I would a racist skinhead. I wouldn't trust O.J. Simpson any more than Charles Manson.

I WOULD love to spend time with Bill Cosby and NOT George Bush.

I consider people like Morgan Freeman, Will Smith, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Samual L. Jackson to be among the greatest actors of our time.

There's white trash, black trash, spanish trash, but all around me I see good people of all races working for a living just like me.

So, for what it's worth, the MSM is fooling me one bit.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
Stop moaning, you are equal and equality means that you have the right to do something about things you don't like. I can't stand people who feel victims when there is no crime.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

There is no denying the fact that you can do something about it, that there's opportunity for everyone, and it is ultimately oneself to blame (most of the time).

I've only been to USA and New Zealand, work and study where I've observed this patten in mass media. Whites are overly represented on anything but sports. When talking of fashion and beauty for example, it's unanimously whites.

Again, I say there's always opportunity for everyone to better themselves. But there's also a danger on believing this rule is always true. If you keep repeating to anyone 'your not good enough' some will just ignore it, but some might believe it's true and live that way.

Would it actually be better if we encouraged everyone?

Would it be better if all races are equally represented in the Mass Media?

Would it help alleviate social issues with minority groups even for a little effect?

If you think the answer is yes, then why not?

top topics

join