It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God Exists for Me / Personal Stories Welcome.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is my own personal account of God and what has helped me to solidify my belief in a higher power. I know not everyone has had an experience with divine intervention or rather a paranormal related activity in relation to God, where direction was given through prayer and an answer was revealed, in my case upon an audible voice. Not one that anyone could hear, but rather a voice in my mind or conscious.

Now I know this sounds strange, so bear with me as I tell you my testimony to a living God and why I believe in it's existence.

Throughout my life I've had different experiences with God, but for the sake of getting to the point I will describe the event which transformed my life and led me on a journey of enlightenment and disclosure, and good men.

Some years back I had lost my home and found myself sitting on a corner in 90 degree weather, broke besides a few quarters in my pocket, deciding what I was going to do, where I was going and how I was going to make it. As I sat there with my clothes in a duffle bag under my rear and a few belongings by my side that I could carry, emotion had begun to takeover and I began to sob.

At this moment I started to pray and asked God for help and clarity in my life, as the tears strolled down my face a voice came into my mind and said, "get up and go." When this had happened I had no idea what lay before me, I just got up and went. I grabbed my belongings and headed to the gas station on the corner up a hill a few hundred yards away. I stashed my bag in the weeds along a fence next to the sidewalk, not really knowing what I was doing, but I went.

As I arrived at the gas station It became clear my purpose, I was going to call the church. I opened the door and asked the cashier for a phone book, she gave it to me, and I perused through it and found the number. I then asked if I could use the phone, she said, "sorry it's policy, no one is allowed, but here's a dollar for the payphone outside." I turned around and went out the door, picked up the phone and put in 50 cents, thinking I have 2 chances to get through. Ring, ring, "we're sorry no one is available so please leave a message."

"Dang I said," and then I heard a vehicle pull in behind me and the door close. A gentlemen passed by me, stopped and said," are you okay," yes I said. So I put the last quarters in and got the same response. The gentlemen then walked out the door and headed for his truck, I then turned around and said,"can you give me a ride," he said "where," to the church I said.

When I got in the truck he asked me,"so what's your story." I then proceeded to tell him. "Do you have the address," no I said. So we went back inside grabbed the phone book, got the address and went off. He said, "you know this is the first time I ever been to that gas station, I usually use the one across the street but, for some reason I felt I had to come here today."

While we were driving down the road headed to the address ha asked, " do you have a job," no I replied. "Well he said, I am heading up a team to go down to New Orleans to do some blue tarping for F.E.M.A., and wouldn't you know we just had a guy drop out this morning, do you want to go?" Sure I said.

As we reached our destination the place was empty. He said," no problem let's go have lunch at my house and you can make some phone calls, and maybe I can speak with someone you know who can verify who you are." When we got to the house we went in and he began to make lunch, I made a few phone calls, he spoke with a relative of mine and said, "well it seems like your you, so I'm going to call my roommate and tell him we are going to have a guest for awhile, and that you will be going to New Orleans with me and the church."

A few hours later his roommate came home from work, and said," hi my name is Martin, I own the house but it is not mine, it was given to me by God, to share with you and friends." It still hadn't sunken in what was going on, and how fast God had taken me from nowhere to somewhere fast, and changed my life in an instant.

Two months had passed before we left for work, and during this time it started to settle in what had happened to me. Come to find out these two men were devout christians, attended church regularly and were involved in community services, plus were very educated.

Anyways, when we left for work we didn't go to N.O., instead we went to Sabine Pass south TX with a group from area churches. We didn't have much money or food but knew in our hearts that whatever we needed it would be supplied to us, and it's what we believed. On the fourth or fifth day of work we knew we were running out of food, so we came up with an idea to throw all our food together in a stew and share it.

Well as we pulled into the camp area discussing whose going to peel the potatoes and chop the carrots, I looked to right by our camp and there were two six foot collapsable tables stacked three foot high from end to end with food. I was amazed. I exited the vehicle and there was a man standing there with two other guys on our team, who had stayed behind that day due to engine problems. The gentlemen came up to me and shook my hand and my partners and said, "I came by here today and found your friends', anyways what I came here to tell them and you is that the Red Cross is ten miles to the East, where you can find hot meals, hot showers, and necessities.

He stayed the night with us as we told stories and sung songs to acoustic guitars and harmonicas. Woke up in the morning and he was gone. Just like that.

There's much more to this story, but now that I look back I see exactly what happened and how it transformed my life and my mind.

edit on 2-6-2012 by Daedal because: Spelling

edit on 2-6-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Great story!
I'm glad you are a believer.
S&F

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I take it your repentance was genuine
Maybe sometime I will share a story but for now I'll just enjoy this

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Anytime you follow your heart you will find the answers, my friend.

The universe/god is made from love, and from within unconditional love the true beauty of everything will directly connect to you, and you will move with all that which is beauty, and love - which in your case is your God.

Just remember to always have a open mind!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

It is such a great story!
I empathize with you about that what happend to you.

God (I call it "all-there-is" because I'm not related to any religion or movement) is always listening to us. If there are strong emotions as you have described the situation when you've heard the "voice" then our heart is widely open and God is very close to us...

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful story

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Higher power is all around us. Look down cellular wise, its a slippery slope to infinity. Look up and out, its sure big out there is'nt it?

Im my eyes, god is simply the devine essence of understanding and having a conciousness that allows us to interpret the grand majesty of the cosmos. (Big and small). To merely be able to understand that we, as beings, as machines, are comprised of billions apon billions of smaller machines working together to keep us running is stunning. And those smaller machines are like wise running from even smaller articles of energy and atoms. The planets, so large that our entire species fits on just one of them, is paled in comparison to our small and meager star, the sun. Yet even that is small in comparison to the space that accounts for 99.99999% of everything, between planets, between stars, between galaxies. Between quarks, between atoms, between molecules.

We are mostly empty space that has somehow, come together to be able to interpret that empty space.

Perhaps we are those smaller machines running some unimaginable large being.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfred2012
reply to post by Daedal

It is such a great story!
I empathize with you about that what happend to you.

God (I call it "all-there-is" because I'm not related to any religion or movement) is always listening to us. If there are strong emotions as you have described the situation when you've heard the "voice" then our heart is widely open and God is very close to us...

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful story

You know at the time this had happened I wasn't associated with the church that they attended, but rather was involved with one that held similiar ideas based around the idea in general. And for God to still listen regardless of affiliation to one church or another provides proof for me that acknowledging it's existence is paramount to separation of ideas and cultural divides.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thank you so much for having the courage to follow the divine voice that started you on your fantastic journey.

God is love, and love is the only thing that can save us from the depths of destruction.

Thank you for believing in God, the Divine Creator.

Love and Light

~Quyll
edit on 2-6-2012 by Quyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Higher power is all around us. Look down cellular wise, its a slippery slope to infinity. Look up and out, its sure big out there is'nt it?

Im my eyes, god is simply the devine essence of understanding and having a conciousness that allows us to interpret the grand majesty of the cosmos. (Big and small). To merely be able to understand that we, as beings, as machines, are comprised of billions apon billions of smaller machines working together to keep us running is stunning. And those smaller machines are like wise running from even smaller articles of energy and atoms. The planets, so large that our entire species fits on just one of them, is paled in comparison to our small and meager star, the sun. Yet even that is small in comparison to the space that accounts for 99.99999% of everything, between planets, between stars, between galaxies. Between quarks, between atoms, between molecules.

We are mostly empty space that has somehow, come together to be able to interpret that empty space.

Excellent post. For me, learning more and more about the universe has made my faith stronger. I noticed it's the complete opposite for alot of people these days.
Life will always find a way

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Excellent post. For me, learning more and more about the universe has made my faith stronger. I noticed it's the complete opposite for alot of people these days.

That is probably because they have a very thin idea of god and the things they percieve around them do not fit their idea/view. They are probably being taught openmindedness.

Was always serching but never truely sure. Had moment of answer. Know that I have some kind of help that is not explained by normal science. Very spiritual but will not limit myself to smallminded thinking of one religon and meassure all spiritual information based on higher ideals of love, unity and harmony.
edit on 2-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've seen "demons", summoned them in a more sordid past, and experienced ghosts my whole life. I've seen someone who has gone so far down a dark path that they lose a reflection. I've placed curses and seen things happen too many times to be coincidence. I've had past life memories shared with other people, and when we talk about details they remember, they are the same as what I remember without me having ever shared told anybody about it; I've had this happen multiple times with multiple people.

My wager is that if these things are true and they are spoken of by people who speak of a God of some kind, then perhaps they are right about the God concept.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Good story man! nice to know you are back on your feet!

Thanks be to God.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's pathetic that you think your petty problems deserved the attention or intervention of a supernatural superbeing. Such egotism. Unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Personally, I think it's pathetic that you think your petty problems deserved the attention or intervention of a supernatural superbeing. Such egotism. Unbelievable.

Never said I deserved anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

It is a little egotistic, but that being said it's a struggle many have had to deal with. I myself have wondered why would something so large be interested in such an insignificant being in the vast span that is the universe. It's the very same argument as to why ET's would never even bother stopping by.

But I was raised a christian, around 15 decided it was stupid and illogical. It's such a difficult argument, there is no definitive proof as to the existence of an almighty creator, all we have is our thoughts, feelings, and testimony really. We humans do things all the time that are completely based on feeling, and when I finally stopped to feel it felt great, I felt a warmth from the depth of my heart that was so unlike anything I've ever felt, simply from contemplating that the existence of a god was possible.

Now I'm not going to go into personal testimony but everyone has a story and I rather enjoyed the OP's, I believe that sir is divine intervention, ask and you shall receive.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by HamrHeed

That is probably because they have a very thin idea of god and the things they percieve around them do not fit their idea/view. They are probably being taught openmindedness.

Was always serching but never truely sure. Had moment of answer. Know that I have some kind of help that is not explained by normal science. Very spiritual but will not limit myself to smallminded thinking of one religon and meassure all spiritual information based on higher ideals of love, unity and harmony.
edit on 2-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

True, I can understand why some believe there is no purpose of life and hence, god is a joke to them. I understand because I was there at some point.
I didn't deny the divinity of our father, I was simply blind to it. Then, I had multiple wake up calls. Calls that went unanswered and had me to the brink of life/
Now I understand, to love is to be loved. extended hand to extended hand

Maybe I had this epiphany because there are no chances left for me, I don't know. I am grateful to still be breathing. I will find out when I pass if I was truthfully reconditioned for this life

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Well he said, I am heading up a team to go down to New Orleans to do some blue tarping for F.E.M.A., and wouldn't you know we just had a guy drop out this morning, do you want to go?" Sure I said.

Oh man, the story reeks...

But, even that aside, careful whom you take a handout from...the FEMA connection should have set off an alarm.

Then again, this just proves believers will side with the devil as long as comfort is provided...

Hypocrisy abounds...

edit on 6-6-2012 by facelift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortysixAnd2
reply to post by Blue Shift

It is a little egotistic, but that being said it's a struggle many have had to deal with. I myself have wondered why would something so large be interested in such an insignificant being in the vast span that is the universe. It's the very same argument as to why ET's would never even bother stopping by.

But I was raised a christian, around 15 decided it was stupid and illogical. It's such a difficult argument, there is no definitive proof as to the existence of an almighty creator, all we have is our thoughts, feelings, and testimony really. We humans do things all the time that are completely based on feeling, and when I finally stopped to feel it felt great, I felt a warmth from the depth of my heart that was so unlike anything I've ever felt, simply from contemplating that the existence of a god was possible.

Now I'm not going to go into personal testimony but everyone has a story and I rather enjoyed the OP's, I believe that sir is divine intervention, ask and you shall receive.

It's not egotistical to ask for help in any way. This is how we have been conditioned to think.
Everything has a purpose and the cruelty of this world and our history will be proven as birth pangs.
We, as humans, have a duty to pick our character and move into the cosmos. Maybe we are not ready yet

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't see the connection or alarm that you raised. So tell me then seeing since like to act like you know, what else happened during this time, who was there, how old was I...Oh that's right you can't. So take your opinion and judgement elsewhere if all you want to do is berate.

But if you would like to ellaborate on this quote I'd be all ears:

Then again, this just proves believers will side with the devil as long as comfort is provided...

And this one would be great as well:

Hypocrisy abounds...

Oh this one too if you will:

Oh man, the story reeks...

If you see error do tell. I don't mind correction.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join