It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audit the Delegate Process:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am an avid fan of the GreenPapers

However, I wish there was a clear breakdown online about how the delegate process works...I am beginning to become active in politics at the county and state level, but doubt I will have the resources necessary to create some website that is more user friendly and as factual as greenpapers is by 2016. Sigh... And then it might be the democratic race, which I won't watch as closely.

I dont think the RNC and the GOP are incompetent about the process. I think they know very well what they are doing and they are following the rules as far as I've researched. They take necessary measures so crazy people do not take over the process because they read the rules wrong, or want things done their way. Protests and yelling at delegates to vote for someone is not going to change the system to make it easier for people to follow. Legislation and dare I say, Auditing the GOP Rule Book is the only way to change it. And those that would like a simpler process, will find it much easier to try it that way, than to get arrested at protests.

I think what the RNC and GOP has to do is have a FOX News special explaining the delegate process (Rivera would be a great choice for this) and then they should all get together to streamline that process. This delegate thing is making the GOP look really bad in my book because it is crazy legislature and I, someone who sticks up for the GOP regularly wants to understand this process. But I cannot stick up for something I barely understand. With all of the propaganda spread by Newt's and Paul's respective campaigns, one who doesn't have complete trust in the system will find it hard to believe that Romney too has the necessary delegates. I trust the system completely, but I cannot speak for a single person here, I think. Until a political figure makes it a point, not just a bunch of loud obnoxious people that act like OWS idiots. Then no real change is going to come of it.

But as I move higher up in politics. Look for this to become a main talking point in GOP politics. I might make it one of my very first missions in politics.
edit on 2-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The process is so arcane that it's tyrannical.

An election process that regular folk can't understand shouldn't exist.
edit on 2-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
hm from all the complaining about the process from people over the election. I am surprised that I didnt get more responses by now.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
hm from all the complaining about the process from people over the election. I am surprised that I didnt get more responses by now.

I think this site is dying.

I've got a rant here that didn't really get much attention.

The reason I won't vote for Romney or Obama

Not really sure what is wrong with it.

Remember the TV show "Freaks and Geeks"? Really good show. People theorize that it was taken off because it hit to close to home.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Rants are where threads go to die. I've had threads moved there as well. But you did use shall I say colorful language in that thread.

That thread also sounds the same as a lot of other people complaining about the two party system and perhaps ATS is maturing slowly after some passionate Paul idiots left. I have noticed a down tick in those threads lately. Maybe that's why my thread is not popular. I posted it at the wrong time. Also its sat afternoon in the east coast of the US. Sat morning in the west. Not the best time I guess.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Rants are where threads go to die. I've had threads moved there as well. But you did use shall I say colorful language in that thread.

That thread also sounds the same as a lot of other people complaining about the two party system and perhaps ATS is maturing slowly after some passionate Paul idiots left. I have noticed a down tick in those threads lately. Maybe that's why my thread is not popular. I posted it at the wrong time. Also its sat afternoon in the east coast of the US. Sat morning in the west. Not the best time I guess.

There is no wrong time. If people post less, then your thread won't move down so quickly than if you posted during a busier time. The only way it could be the wrong time is if you're demographic was not online.

You do seem to be a bit obsessed with your disdain for "Paulbots". What drives it exactly?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I am an avid fan of the GreenPapers

However, I wish there was a clear breakdown online about how the delegate process works...I am beginning to become active in politics at the county and state level, but doubt I will have the resources necessary to create some website that is more user friendly and as factual as greenpapers is by 2016. Sigh... And then it might be the democratic race, which I won't watch as closely.

I dont think the RNC and the GOP are incompetent about the process. I think they know very well what they are doing and they are following the rules as far as I've researched. They take necessary measures so crazy people do not take over the process because they read the rules wrong, or want things done their way. Protests and yelling at delegates to vote for someone is not going to change the system to make it easier for people to follow. Legislation and dare I say, Auditing the GOP Rule Book is the only way to change it. And those that would like a simpler process, will find it much easier to try it that way, than to get arrested at protests.

I think what the RNC and GOP has to do is have a FOX News special explaining the delegate process (Rivera would be a great choice for this) and then they should all get together to streamline that process. This delegate thing is making the GOP look really bad in my book because it is crazy legislature and I, someone who sticks up for the GOP regularly wants to understand this process. But I cannot stick up for something I barely understand. With all of the propaganda spread by Newt's and Paul's respective campaigns, one who doesn't have complete trust in the system will find it hard to believe that Romney too has the necessary delegates. I trust the system completely, but I cannot speak for a single person here, I think. Until a political figure makes it a point, not just a bunch of loud obnoxious people that act like OWS idiots. Then no real change is going to come of it.

But as I move higher up in politics. Look for this to become a main talking point in GOP politics. I might make it one of my very first missions in politics.

Just to help, When you say "trust the system completely, and Fox News" your street cred here takes a hit. Add that to the playbook, for professional undermining, in the midst of legitimate undoing of the Establishment by their own rules.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal

Just to help, When you say "trust the system completely, and Fox News" your street cred here takes a hit. Add that to the playbook, for professional undermining, in the midst of legitimate undoing of the Establishment by their own rules.

This is my opinion. I want to discuss the topic about auditing the Delegate Process and most GOP members watch Fox News. Your not going to get much attention on this topic from YouTube or the other Cable Channels without them bashing the republicans in the process.

Satron if you really wanna know just PM. I am not going to derail this thread

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This is my opinion. I want to discuss the topic about auditing the Delegate Process and most GOP members watch Fox News. Your not going to get much attention on this topic from YouTube or the other Cable Channels without them bashing the republicans in the process.

I already asked, WHY DON'T YOU PM ME?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If your Fox and other news agencies had to follow ground rules and report the true delegate numbers insted of approximations and projections it would tie their hands. In that case they would be forced to mention that candidate you and them want to shut out. It would defeat your purpose and probably have gotten him more popular support by this time.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
If your Fox and other news agencies had to follow ground rules and report the true delegate numbers insted of approximations and projections it would tie their hands. In that case they would be forced to mention that candidate you and them want to shut out. It would defeat your purpose and probably have gotten him more popular support by this time.

No the "true" delegate numbers are wrong. Please try to stay on topic.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The Process isn't broken, there are guardians at the gates preventing entry to "non-club" members. It works fine, but a previously uneducated and "uniformed citizenry at large" were never privy to the gears in the system, only the wheels in motion. Now that they are educated as to how to replace the Guardians, a "Market Correction" is in order and changing the political face of the Nation county by county, state by state, and Eventually both parties themselves.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The Process isn't broken, there are guardians at the gates preventing entry to "non-club" members. It works fine, but a previously uneducated and "uniformed citizenry at large" were never privy to the gears in the system, only the wheels in motion. Now that they are educated as to how to replace the Guardians, a "Market Correction" is in order and changing the political face of the Nation county by county, state by state, and Eventually both parties themselves.

The process should have never been so hard to decipher to begin with. Plus, we should be educated better on it's workings. But we all know how education is becoming expendable.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No the "true" delegate numbers are wrong. Please try to stay on topic.

Obviously if the numbers are wrong then they are not "true," unless you are speaking of true approximations or true projections.

I trust the system completely, but I cannot speak for a single person here, I think. Until a political figure makes it a point, not just a bunch of loud obnoxious people that act like OWS idiots. Then no real change is going to come of it.

What did you say the topic was again? I'm not sure that authoring a thread endows you with privileges to arbitrarily change your topic mid-thread or prattle-on in an off-topic direction and expect to police the thread to capriciously decide what is appropriate for whom and when.

As near as I could figure your topic is your desire for popular news stations to offer lessons in the election process, in particular the process of delegate selection. Because of the variances between states, counties, districts, and how a particular chair might operate their section I believe would be impossible to provide all pat answers to your query. I further expect if you look over the thread you will find my brief discussions here have been more on-topic than your own.

I lament your confusion over the delegate process, but as I suggest in my previous post there appears to typically be a manipulative agenda by the press who would find themselves somewhat bound if they were required to make their reporting unmistakenly accurate as to what precise data they were actually conveying. You may have missed their fine print if they were being fully up-front. It is meant to obfuscate, otherwise you might have everyone on a level playing field. I believe you will learn more about that tactic if you follow up on your stated desire to move up in politics.

edit on 2-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

top topics

join