It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HRGBRG claims to run their office on an energy producing peanut tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm honestly unsure whether to post this in the jokes forum or science forum, but here it is guys. link showing peanut tree power outlet

Honestly If this is a joke it's in rather poor taste, and if they're serious... I don't even know what to think if they're serious. As you'll read from the blog apparently they placed the outlet in the tree trunk and claim that the flowing peanut oil produces 110 volt AC current. SO yeah I'm bringing this to ATS for you guys to either laugh or be stumped with me.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Dont mention the pyramid connection ffs your thread will be binned.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What I don't understand is that peanuts are legumes and therefore grow in the ground like potatoes. So if this is true which is more fantastic?, the fact that there is now a peanut tree or that they get electricity from it. I would think a peanut tree would have made the news much sooner than being able to get electricity from it.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Agarta because: spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Apparently peanuts grow as part of a peanut tree or bush but I still find this story to be highly suspect for obvious reasons.

I just wanted to pass it along to ATS so others could see what I'm seeing, and also have a nice OMGWTFBRBBBQ moment.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

As I had never heard this before I did look it up and the searches I did were for Peanut Tree and Peanut bush. Both, led me to theses two sites......
en.wikipedia.org...
www.peanut-institute.org...
Both these sites refer to them as "also known as underground nuts" however, in doing an image search I did find a species that grows like gourds just above the ground, no trees unfortunately, not like what is pictured anyway. I found a Chinese hybrid but the "nuts" do not look like the common peanut as pictured in the link of your OP.

I am open to think in todays day and age, through DNA manipulation they could actually be created or do exist, I am just not finding it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OK. Go to the site and read the captions associated with the panels.

"An Alternative Diodic Electricity Peanut Tree (A.D.E.P.T.) produces ripe peanuts all year round."

"A.D.E.P.T.s do not need to be watered. They do, however, need to be covered in soft bedding."

"When installing an outlet, it's essential to place it at precisely same angle as trunk growth. This ensures the most efficient flow of peanut oil."

"A.D.E.P.T. peanuts are easily identified by their flavor. They taste like toasted seaweed dipped in beer."

"Thank you for completing this tour of the HRGBRG office. The following video was shot using a grapefruit as a tripod."

Does anything about that sound like it's connected to reality in any way?
edit on 6/2/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

...The following video was shot using a grapefruit as a tripod."

This right here says all you need to know about this site.

"When installing an outlet, it's essential to place it at precisely same angle as trunk growth. This ensures the most efficient flow of peanut oil."

I didnt know i could use straight peanut oil as electricity

edit on 2-6-2012 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
YEs as I stated in my original post i"m not sure whether to post this in the science OR JOKES FORUM.... implying pretty heavily that I did not believe what I was reading in any way shape or form. Maybe it was just too subtle for people to catch.

new topics

top topics

join